How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by neonpinkstains@Apr 12th, 2004 - 3:23 pm

Soo pretty picture of her.. Love her there
thank you for sharing.

24-04-2004
poo
backstage pass

she got the 90's supermodel look here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nicole_supermodel.jpg (40.4 KB, 104 views)

24-04-2004
offline.

She looks like a mixture of Salma Hayek and Jennifer Love Heweitt.

24-04-2004
clever ain't wise

She's got a good face but she looks EXTREMELY smug. I don't think I've seen such a smug-looking girl in my life. She will have to work on being more versatile - which I think might be a struggle because she looks like - she thinks she knows best. The first step would be to stop sucking in her cheeks...

24-04-2004
front row

At least she seems to be having fun with the whole thing! It's fashion! You're supposed to have an attitude when needs be. She poses and pouts for the camera like a good model should and isn't wooden or scared looking like a LOT of other girls.

You don't succeed in this biz by shying away in the corner. She knows she's gorgeous and she works it. I think her attitude is cool because it gives other people more license to play up the cliche of fashion modeling. I felt the same way when Jessica Miller first came out. She was screaming SEX at the camera with her poses and movements and it definitely shakes things up a little...for the better

24-04-2004
clever ain't wise

Yes, you're to have an attitude but you also have to make it work. Trying hard is not enough. Gemma, Lily Cole and Heather Marks, the girls of the moment I guess, all have this reserved elegance about them - and they seem to succeed well enough.

It's a matter of taste but I find Jessica Miller much more photogenique. The camera loves her, she knows how to move and she's gorgeous. Nicole is gorgeous - flawless skin and beautiful facial features but she seems contrived and camera conscious whereas Jessica seems natural.

24-04-2004
trendsetter

Is she in any ads this season ?

24-04-2004
clever ain't wise

Sonia Rykiel is the most prominent campaign, I believe.

24-04-2004
front row

I see what you're saying about the camera conciousness but she is fairly new. I'm sure if Gemma and co. tried to ham it up they'd come across as kinda camp as well. You're also right about Jessica. She used to dance and moves like she has great body control.
However, calling what Gemma and co. do "reserved elegance" is a bit much. They're typical young girls, albeit beautiful young girls, thrust into the spotlight so they're going to act a little shy. But the idea that their demure nature somehow translates to "elegance?" I'm not completly convinced. . .I think Gemma's stunning though...

24-04-2004
trendsetter

I wanna add her to the Fashion Connection, anyone has a scan of that Sonia Rykiel ad ? Or a magazine cover?

02-05-2004
tfs star

From a recent Harper's Bazarre editorial

Baby Phat

02-05-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I love those pictures from Harpers

03-05-2004
V.I.P.

she's doing MAFW again this season

03-05-2004
Vision of Paradise

i think she is gorgous

03-05-2004
V.I.P.

Nicole being fitted at the Zimmermann show

Quote:
Four days, 20 shows, countless frock changes and a tidy pay packet of about $40,000 will be the extraordinary - not to mention exhausting - sum of star model Nicole Trunfio's fleeting Australian Fashion Week experience.

Jetting in from her base in New York for just six days, the teenager, who was discovered two years ago in a local modelling competition, has squeezed in a trip home for the annual frockfest, which opens at a gala ceremony in Sydney tonight.

After taking out the Search For A Supermodel competition and dominating the catwalks of Milan, Paris, London and New York, the 18-year-old from Perth has earned herself the headline model tag for this week's showcase, appearing for designers such as Peter Morrissey, Akira Isogawa and Zimmermann.

Originally the plan had been for Trunfio to fly in for 10 days, allowing time to meet designers and be fitted for their clothes.

But a late call from Italian Vogue magazine saw her trip home cut short to accommodate a rare opportunity to work in Los Angeles with fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh (the man who made Linda Evangelista cut her hair, cementing her as a supermodel).

"For me, it was the most prestigious job I've done," an excited Trunfio said between fittings on Friday. "It was such a thrill to be asked, but there was no way I was missing out on coming home."

Commanding four times the regular model fee for her catwalk prowess, Trunfio will pocket about $2000 per show, with back-to-back bookings totalling 20 appearances.

Last year, demand for the rising star saw the hot bod motorbiked between her Fashion Week jobs, but akin to her new jet set status this year she will be chauffeur-driven in her own designated Mercedes.

Still, after racking up lucrative campaigns for fashion houses D&G, Sonia Rykiel, Kenneth Cole and Karl Lagerfeld Gallery, Trunfio said her profitable visit to Sydney this week was "not about making money".

"I've knocked back big money jobs, one worth about €500,000 ($830,000) in the past just to come home, so it's not about the money," she said.

"For me it's about prestige and I support Australian Fashion Week 100 per cent. After going around the world I've realised we are a lot more creative in terms of locations and the whole set-up than other places and I'm so excited to be part of it."

Trunfio and another Perth girl, Gemma Ward, have been enjoying huge favour with fashion arbiters across the globe. "Elle [Macpherson] was the last Australian they saw on the catwalks, so Gemma and I have been received really well," Trunfio said.

The pair also wear their hearts on their sleeves, packing their bags for the parade season with local labels.

"I feel like it's part of what I am about, to be an ambassador for us overseas," Trunfio said.

Fashion Week kicks off with Lisa Ho at 9am and closes on Thursday with Leona Edmiston at 9.30pm.
about this comment above-
Quote:
"Elle [Macpherson] was the last Australian they saw on the catwalks, so Gemma and I have been received really well," Trunfio said.
If I were Amanda Brown, Alyssa Sutherland or any of the other Australian girls who have done shows internationally since Elle, I'd be feeling pretty left out right about now

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2010, january, nicole, september, trunfio