How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2011
V.I.P.

Project Runway RTW S/S 2012 > Viktor Luna

nymag

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Bebe RTW S/S 2012

wwd

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Improvd Presentation

zimbio

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

nymag

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

B Michael America

zimbio

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

o this seems to be her as well

B Michael America

zimbio

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Stunning in green!

26-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Watch Mesmerizing Model Tongue-Twisters

Photographer Elle Muliarchyk — whose Dressing Room Project, in which she ventured into the dressing rooms of high-end stores to pull off ambitious guerilla self-portraits, is well worth checking out — made a great short film in which two dozen models say tongue-twisters in their native languages. She cut this exclusive clip for Jezebel.

Dinka, Ukrainian, German, Dutch, Mandarin, Nuer, French, Igbo, Czech, Hungarian, Arabic — the sounds of the various languages, and the cultural differences between the tongue-twisters themselves, are really cool. Plus I happen to find the ultra-close-up shots of the girls' lipsticked mouths kind of hypnotizing. A Polish tongue-twister is about nature: "The frogs creak in Rzeszowszczyznie in the rain and can be heard all the way to Ustrzyk, earth worms wiggle in Kurpiowszczyznie and in the jungle the owl squeaks." The Lithuanian tongue-twister, "A bowl floats in a pond, a bit of foam floats in the bowl," is almost a hard to say in English, too (or at least, the "foam floats" bit is). Muliarchyk was born in Belarus and grew up in Vietnam, the Czech Republic, and the U.S. (her father was a diplomat). Perhaps that background fueled her interest in languages and culture. You can watch all of the tongue-twisters here: http://girls.motilo.com/lips-of-babel/
jezebel.com

Nykhor's is the middle one on the fifth row, but they're all great

the mysteries

rednyc

rising star

Nykhor Paul for Mara Hoffman Swim Spring 2012

Source:FASHION DAILY BOMB http://fashionbombdaily.com/

02-02-2012
rising star

MODEL ACTION
By Walter Greene

It has been tagged as the Sudanese Invasion - among other labels of late. But beautiful Sudanese models were not such a novelty in the fashion industry until Clara Benjamin came on the scene in the early ninety's. Then came Alel Wek...she opened the doors...then came Atong Deng, Ajak Deng, Atui Deng, Grace Bol and Ayor - a stunning cadre' of Sudanese models saturating the modeling world with a distinctive look, feline stance and flawless skin. Now, enters NYKHOR PAUL, also born in Sudan but left when she was too young to remember...maybe at two or three years old.

She grew up in Ethiopia and moved to Nebraska when she was nine years-old.

AD CAMPAIGN & COMMERCIALS

Nykhor is now the new face for the Payless Shoes Campaign. She's the girl on the Diet Coke Commercials that premiered during the Super bowl and is the darling of New York Fashion Week's past two seasons walking for several top designers like Tory Burch, Mara Hoffman, Betsy Johnson, Catherine Malandrino, Stephen Burrows, Milan Breton, Farah Angsana, Improvd and b.michael to name a few.

EDUCATION

The 21 year-old Taurus beauty was trying to finish her formal education when she was lured by the modeling industry. She attended Doane College in Nebraska and Emory University in Atlanta where she studies Biology with a minor in Psychology.

"I was not really running after a modeling career. When I lived in Nebraska, people always told me I should be a model, but I am such a school oriented person, I wasn't aware of the industry," recalled Nykhor on her entrance into the world of modeling. "While I was in high school, I was `discovered' by a model scout while shopping in a mall in Nebraska. A lady from Ford Models told me I should go to Chicago to pursue a modeling career. So I went with my Mom and they liked me.

I was signed to Ford Chicago, but after a while I thought it was interfering with my studies and take me off course, so I walked away from it."

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Later, while navigating her way to finish college, Nykhor was re-discovered and came to New York. "I came with a mission to accomplish certain goals. I gave myself two years and I am proud to say that in less than two years I've accomplished all that I wanted and sooooo much more - commercials, a campaign, a good agency, runway work...so I am here and there is no turning back," beamed Nykhor from her Harlem home base. How did it all happen?

"When I first came to New York I did a lot of research and went to all of the agencies, they all said they had a girl that `looked like me.' My girlfriend Grace was signed to Red (model management) and encouraged me to see them. I am very big on energies and vibrations when it comes to people and the personal relationship I have with my booker. I found that at Red and signed with them. My booker at Red has this incredible energy and I liked her immediately. The first day she sent me out, I booked Glamour Magazine. That was the biggest thing to book Glamour the first day I signed with a New York agency."

FUTURE WAVE

Nykhor has since shot with Glamour three or four times, she's been featured in Essence Magazine, Fader, Jones Magazine, Elle and Seventeen Magazine. "When I was in Nebraska, I said I wanted to be in Seventeen, so that was another one of my wishes that came through early in my career." So, now that this 5'11" beauty has accomplished a lot of what she wanted to do in a relatively short space of time. What does she want to do in the future? "This is a stepping stone to be bigger than I am now.

More campaigns, and, of course I want to go back to school and complete my studies and be able to use what I know to branch into other fields. I am such a school-type person. I love dealing with people, that's where my Psychology studies come in handy. Modeling exposes you to so many different people from various backgrounds. I want to use it to enhance people and help others. I also want to work with children."

ADMIRATION & ADVISE

A great admirer of mega model Naomi Campbell, Nykhor said: "I love the way Naomi carries herself, not the way people portray her to be. I love the way she brings her edge in fashion. I like models that are pretty and edgy. I also like Kate Moss, but for me its always been Naomi." In terms of advise for up and coming fashion models and young ladies who may want to follow this career path, Nykhor taps into her own experience, noting that its definitely not what it looks like on the outside. "You cannot take this business personally, because it can really get to you and wreck you to the core. Everything happens in its own time. I'll advise young ladies the same thing that my Mom always told me, she says: `Not everyone gets their prize at the same time. Your time will come.'

Source:http://www.nycaribnews.com/

06-02-2012
V.I.P.

lovely interview

18-05-2012
V.I.P.

Spashion Magazine

d1models.blogspot.com

19-05-2012
front row

WOW.

02-09-2012
V.I.P.

Show Package – New York S/S 13: Red (Women)

models.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nykhor, paul