Raquel Zimmermann (June 2009 - March 2010) - Page 94 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-03-2010
trendsetter

Vogue Nippon May 2010
Quote:
"Mistress in Monochrome"
Model: Raquel Zimmermann (Surprise! Not Daria )
Ph. Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: George Cortina
26 pages
A tanned Raquel with flying hair, alternating pages of close-up/full body shots.
review by Faith

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

Yay! another ed by I&V, also her 4th editorial by them this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
W Magazine April 2010 Editorial

NY, NY 10021
Models : Raquel Zimmermann & Freja Beha Erichsen
Photographers : Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

absinthrill.blogspot.com
This editorial is perfect. I&V bring out the best of Raquel, who doesn't force anything, that shot where she's wearing Oscar de la Renta looks like a frame from a movie. Raquel aways plays a perfect rich woman. Thanks for posting tarsha

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

Love her new ed in W and can't wait to see her VN ed

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

A nice interview

Quote:
Descolex: For a long time, you were the number one model of the world. And when it looks like you reached the top, you get into the icons list. How does it feel like to be around names like Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista?
Raquel Zimmermann:
I'm really happy, because I feel that, once more, my work has been recognized. And I understand the responsability about having such a special title. They are beautiful and powerful women and I'm proud to be on the same list as they are.

D: What comes next? When you get where you are, can you still dream with more?
R.Z:
I believe there's always more to be achieved. Getting where I got was a challenge and it took a lot of work. I'll always try my best to be as good as my jobs needs me to be. I'm learning everyday, I'm always ready to evolve. By the way, that's my wish: to always evolve.

D: Gisele BŁndchen ended up investing on an acting career… Do you think about any other career after you're done modelling?
R.Z:
I love what I do, at least for now, that's what I wanna do. Being an actress is not on my plans, even though I've had offers and I got in touch with it. I did a film for Gucci, directed by David Lynch. I think about going to graphic design school or something related to art.

D: In 2008, you were elected by American Vogue as one of the best dressed women of the world. How do you choose your outfits?
R.Z:
My style is simple, but with a rock touch. Working in the fashion world, it's only natural you develop a bigger sence of what's your style, but I always look for comfort.

D: You have ten years of career. In this time, what would be one of the most exciting things you've lived?
R.Z:
The most recent exciting job I got was the one with snakes, for McQueen. Besides that, I met great people, amazing places and had the opportunity to make some great friends.

D: Tell us more about the work with the snakes…
R.Z:
Only when I got to the studio I was told about McQueen's idea. I confess I was a little nervous at first. But, I take every job professionally, so I went ahead and took the challenge. The experience was amazing and everything went well, at the end, I wanted to have a snake (laughs).

D: How did you receive the news about McQueen's death?
R.Z:
It was a shock for everybody. We lost an icon and a genious influence. He had an irreplaceable talent, I've always walked his shows. In my career, he was an icon and an inspiration.

D: You started your career at 14. Don't you think models today are starting to work at a very young age?
R.Z:
Yes, I stared at 14. I gave up a lot of things, but it was my choice. Choosing to work at such a young age really is an option. The opportunity was in front of me and I embraced it.

D: What about the controversy about very thin models? What's your opinion about that?
R.Z:
I think that some models should pay better attention to their health, but there's a good part that takes care of themselves, especially with their food. A lot of models are naturally thin, they are like that, with the rush of fashion weeks, they can loose some weight. And that gives the impression they're a lot thinner, but the truth is they're naturally thin.

D: What makes a model number one, an icon?
R.Z:
More important than her beauty is her attitude and her professionalism. Beauty is very relative, discipline and how her career is conducted are more important things.

D: How can you be different characters when you're working? Is it something that happens at the time?
R.Z:
It's all about practicing, understanding and knowing to work you best angles. Knowing your face and body is essential. Besides that, of course, you gotta capture what the stylist/photographer/work demands and how you can pass the most positive message.

D: The classic question is: what do you do to take care of your hair and skin?
R.Z:
Taking care of your hair and skin is indispensable. A good creme and hydration, healthy meals, taking walks and drinking a lot of water… These are my secrets to a healthy life. Where there's health, there's beauty.
descolex.com.br

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

Very safe answer regarding the W word. I think she's so right though, she has always seemed professional and I have no doubt that was part of the huge success she's had!

24-03-2010
fashion icon

I always love reading Raquel's interviews. She's the consummate professional and someone all other models should look up to and aspire to be.

24-03-2010

With I&V Raquel has been doing so great. (look at my avy lol) If the ed is in Japanese Vogue it must be epic, so I can't wait to see what it looks like.

26-03-2010
V.I.P.

Ig.com.br says Raquel was in London this wednesday shooting something, and after she would go to Morocco and then to Paris also for work.

Morocco really is a hot place to shoot this year Can't wait to see her new work!

Last edited by ThiagoMello; 26-03-2010 at 06:46 AM.

26-03-2010
fashion icon

^^ Amazing! I wish there were shots of them together though.

28-03-2010
trendsetter

I really think she's the most positive model in the fashion industry.
she's just so positive and judging by her interviews she seems lovely and really good person that you would like to have a real conversation as friend or something further.
and then of course..she's a rock'n'roll chick

30-03-2010
trendsetter

Chloť F/W10 backstage, hope it's not a repost

corbis
she is gorgeous, always

30-03-2010
front row

Vogue Nippon May 2010
Mistress in Monochrome
Photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Styled by George Cortina