How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2011
fashion elite

Yeojin Bae:

fashionising.com

06-05-2011
fashion elite

Romance Was Born:

Lover:

Manning Cartell

Camilla and Marc (C):

Dion Lee:

Ellery:

(Not sure if this is her) Toni Maticevski:

vogue.com.au

06-05-2011
fashion elite

Saint Augustine Academy:

Some backstage/runway photos:

ohjamie.com

06-05-2011
trendsetter

I love her hair at Yeojin Bae.

fashion insider

beautiful!!!! such an elegant, refined beauty!

fashion elite

RAFW 2011 Showlist
Opened: 5 Closed: 4
Total: 21

Alaistair Trung
Alex Perry (O)(C)
Arnsdorf
Camilla and Marc (C)
Carl Kapp
Dion Lee
Ellery
Flannel (O)
Limedrop
Lisa Ho
Lover
Manning Cartell
Morrison
Romance Was Born
Saint Augustine Academy
Sara Phillips (O)
Shakuhachi
Stolen Girlfriends Club (C)
Therese Rawsthorne (O)
Yeojin Bae
Zimmermann (O)(C)

She wasn't at Toni Maticevski by the way.

Last edited by Hoother; 11-05-2011 at 03:05 AM.
11-05-2011
V.I.P.

She's been doing so well

V.I.P.

Backstage at Zimmerman:

champagnehangover.blogspot.com

V.I.P.

after her ysl exclusive this girl will be a top newcomer next season

V.I.P.

Backstage at Therese Rawsthorne:

runningunderthesprinkler.typepad.com

V.I.P.

Backstage at Zimmerman:

same source

backstage pass

This girl is amaziiiing!
Seriously...She's going to make it BIG

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

Backstage at Lisa Ho:

same source

backstage pass

I love her looks!!

sonnyphotos,zimbio.com,igorandandre.blogspot.com,t hedownlowe.tumblr.com(two last photos)

Last edited by Frws; 15-05-2011 at 02:08 PM.
15-05-2011
backstage pass

A great interview from stylexicon.blogspot.com

Quote:
After strutting as first face exclusive for Yves Saint Laurent, Ruby Jean Wilson is a star on the rise.
While most 16-year-old's would see this as a daunting experience, all eyes of the elite high fashion world looking upon you with critical eyes, Wilson reveled in it and marks it as a highlight of her career and life thus far.
After her hectic fashion week schedule, the down under darling took off to Scotland to spend time with her aunty Jean (who she tells Stylexicon she is also named after) and reports `it's so lovely. Edinburgh is a beautiful city.'
She shares her most memorable moments backstage with the world's top models in this exclusive q&a:

You were booked as an exclusive for the Theyskens Theory show at NYFW, then to add to that you walked as an exclusive for coveted YSL and as first face, how did it feel to be named an `exclusive'?
It's great to know that a designer doesn't want to share you!

What was going through your mind when you walked out there? As first face surely you can feel everyone's eyes on you, how did you handle that on the runway?
I love that feeling! Haha, it felt great.

What was it like being backstage at YSL - there were so many incredible super models, were you starstruck by any of your long time idols? or is it too chaotic back there to take too much notice?

Not starstruck as such, but it was a great feeling to know that I was amongst them, and walking for such an incredible designer too.

There are so many Australian models walking the fall winter show season, was it a big party backstage? Did you see many of them off the runways? Who are the Aussie models you are most proud of and are close to?
I lived with Julia, Emily Wake, Amanda Ware and Alice Burdeu in the model apartment in New York and it was great to have so many australians around, we had lots of fun.

While the agents and fashion designers battle it out for the best girls, do you ever feel any of that competitiveness behind the scenes?
It is definitely apparent, but i've never really seen it to be an issue between girls. Sure, some people will always book better things than other people etc etc! But you have to learn to appreciate what you have. Which in actual fact, (although it may be hard) travelling around the world meeting interesting people at often such a young age as a job is pretty fantastic.

As an exclusive, this meant you didn't walk any other shows, so what did you get up to in Paris? What are some of your favourite Parisian haunts?
I actually didn't have any time in Paris at all! Often when a girl is booked exclusively they do what is called 'looks' for a designer. Where the designer will style the collection on a girl so that they can see how it will really look in the show rather than on a hanger. It was very interesting working with Jo and Stephano during fashion week.

You also stayed in NY city for a while before the show season kicked off, did you enjoy the big apple? would you consider moving there for work?
I do very much enjoy New York, it's a great city. Everything is so easy, it literally is the city that never sleeps. If you want frozen yoghurt at 2am it will be delivered to your door in ten minutes! haha its so good, and good vintage shopping.

The weather is freezing in Europe right now, what were some of your favourite winter fashion items? or cool survival pieces to keep out the chill?
I've been layering a lot. i'll wear say a long dress with tights and then layer a long singlet and a jumper and my faux fur gilet that i got last time i was in scotland for about 1.50GBP. I've got used to the cold weather now, god help me i'm starting to like it.

How would you describe your personal style? And what are your everyday style staples?
I dont feel the need to wear expensive clothes, i'd rather be wearing something that no-one else is wearing. As i said i layer a lot and i like to wear a lot of silver jewellery. But i definitely wear too much black. If i see a nice piece i always think oh that would be so good if only it was black..

Doll Wright of Elite Model Management recently told an Australian media source that you were the next big face to watch - how does it feel when high profile industry figureheads give you such a title?
It feels great, Doll is an incredible booker and one of my good friends.

Have you always wanted to be a model?
Not at all, when i was really little i wanted to be a pop star! but then i started thinking seriously about becoming a psychologist, i also for a while was interested in studying nutrition. But for now modelling is definitely what im concentrating on.

What would you be doing if modelling didn't work out?
I really have no idea, and it is a daunting thought. I would obviously start studying again but I don't know where/what it would be.

Do you prefer editorial or runway?
I love doing shows. But all the castings, fittings etc beforehand aren't so fun, so i suppose i'll say editorial. I enjoy both.

On your whirlwind tour of the world from NY to Paris, what was your favourite city? and why?
Paris was beautiful, but i much prefer the people and the atmosphere in New York. It's so fast-paced and fun.

You are now in Scotland for a brief break to unwind, but often this can be the busiest time with many girls being secured for lucrative contracts from their success on the designer runways, where are you off to next? Are you excited for the future?
I'll be between Europe and new york over the next month or two doing different things.
I am indeed very excited for the future!

Last edited by Frws; 15-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rubyjean, wilson