How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-08-2009
V.I.P.

Nice shots, she's so pretty !

30-08-2009
fashion insider

Agreed. Some lovely shots here.

Good luck in Fashion Week, Sam!

30-08-2009
HOLLY ROGERS &lt;3

Great new shots Sam, they're so beautiful!

31-08-2009
V.I.P.

Show Card Spring Summer 2010

imgmodels.com

01-09-2009
V.I.P.

Madisyn Ritland + Meghan Collison = Samantha Gradoville

01-09-2009
V.I.P.

^ Actually, I also see a bit of Daria Pleggenkuhle in her (especially in the pics on the first page!) Hope she has a fantastic S/S10 season. She'd deserve some more attention!

01-09-2009
rising star

thanks so much guys!

theres some new pictures on the IMG website!!

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

imgmodels.com

08-09-2009
rising star

from British GQ

my scans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 1.jpg (472.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 2.jpg (449.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 6.jpg (487.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 5.jpg (470.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 7.jpg (386.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Sam GQ pg 8.jpg (480.4 KB, 6 views)

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
"SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
Interview - Samantha Gradoville (IMG Models)

[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Tell us about the industry itself. Is the industry like you have imagined it to be before you started modeling?
No, not at all! I thought it would be so glamorous and all fun and games! But modeling is really serious hard work, some people don't understand what is going on behind the scenes and what models have to deal with physically, emotionally, mentally... It hard when you are constantly compared to hundreds of other beautiful girls, you start doing it to yourself as well. Its difficult to really stay true to yourself [/CENTER]
Read the full interview on Digital-Diamonds.blogspot.com

Enjoy

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Samantha, tell us, how & when have you started modeling?
I was actually a very shy child growing up. I was more reserved, and I really wanted to break out of my shell before starting high school. So when I was 13, my parents enrolled me in some modeling classes. The first few weeks of the classes focused on being more outgoing and being able to present yourself well. Then the modeling classes started after that. For me, I never thought I was the 'beautiful-model type' and told my teachers that I didn't want to participate any of the fashion shows or shoots. However, I still kept going to classes and eventually a fellow student talked me into doing a small fashion show at the local mall. I ended up loving it! I had so much fun, so i continued with the classes and started working more and more. When I was 16, the agency I was with in Nebraska closed down and so I went out to LA with my mom and signed with Next there.

Do you prefer walking HC or RTW shows?
I really like doing both! But if I had to choose, I'd go with Haute Couture. When you do a show, it’s as if you get to be a princess for a couple of hours!! Haha. I've seen and even worn some of the most beautiful garments. It’s really just an honor to have the opportunity to present these priceless outfits on the runway.

Does modeling make you lucky?
I wouldn't necessarily say it makes me lucky.... However I did get out of a ticket from a cop once because he thought it was funny how I was a good foot and a half taller than him.

Tell us about the industry itself. Is the industry like you have imagined it to be before you started modeling?
No, not at all! I thought it would be so glamorous and all fun and games! But modeling is really serious hard work, some people don't understand what is going on behind the scenes and what models have to deal with physically, emotionally, mentally... It hard when you are constantly compared to hundreds of other beautiful girls, you start doing it to yourself as well. Its difficult to really stay true to yourself and keep a positive attitude, especially if you are in a market where you aren't working a lot, or are just starting out. But don't get me wrong, because if you can keep your head up and really focus on your work, you can meet some of the most amazing people! I've gotten to experience more things and travel to more places than I ever thought I would. I feel really blessed to be able to be work in this difficult industry. And I love doing what I do, because Hey, we are basically getting paid to walk, right? What could be better than that?

What is the most annoying and the best thing about it?
The most annoying thing would probably be having to spend so much time away from my friends and family. It gets hard moving from city to city and rarely seeing the models you have made friends with. Each time I move, it’s a different set of roommates, different place, different metro system...its hard to really get settled. I feel more like a nomad. Haha. The best thing would be getting to travel and experience life! I am so grateful for getting into this industry, because I know I would have never traveled like this. I've gotten to see the most beautiful things! Everything from the Louvre, to the Statue of Liberty, the beaches of Malibu, the Opera House in Sydney, the black sanded beaches in Auckland, and the Duomo in Milan. Its really been more than I could have asked for.

Your “biggest goal” since you started working as a model?
I really want to be on a billboard haha!! I think it would be so funny to look up at an advertisement and see yourself being 100 times bigger than you actually are!!

I have noticed that you belong to the club of 'death stare' models, such as Karlie Kloss, Madisyn Ritland, Lara Stone, Egle Tvirbutaite. How do you manage to look so 'fierce' on the runway?
Practice makes perfect I guess! I've been working on my walk for about 6 years now. And I still practice it everyday. But for me, whenever I step on that runway, everything kind of stands still and the world seems to go quiet. I'm able to simply focus on whats ahead of me (and making sure I don't trip!).

How much effort do you expend for your body?
Well, I do think about everything before I eat it. As much as I hate it, its been somewhat programmed into my head over the years. Hey, don't get me wrong, if i want ice cream, I'll eat ice cream, haha just not to excess. And I get my work out basically by walking around the city. I go to all my castings by the metro system/walking and I love it! It keeps me in shape, and is better for the Earth, what's not to love?

You're signed with IMG New York and have already been to New York for the job, right? Is there a main difference between the American and European market?
In Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami there is more of a commercial market. And in Milan and Paris it’s a lot more high fashion and editorial. But New York falls in both categories, there is commercial work and a lot of editorial as well. It really just depends on the city.

Is it a strange feeling to have a fans and people who admire you because of you talent?
I feel rather honored, actually, to be considered a role model and looked up to. It makes me feel really good that people can recognize my work and be inspired by it.

Since you are a rising star: Have you been confronted with envy yet?
I found this quote by Jim Rohn in which he says, 'The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.' I think that anyone who can put themselves out there, knowing that they might be facing failure are always going to be envied by the ones who merely live a safe life. The ones that felt 'fine' in their comfortable zone, so they stayed there forever. I just change their negative energies into positive ones, and keep working towards my goals and my own happiness.

Please tell us about your time in Paris. How did an usual ‘rising-star’-day look there?
During Haute Couture it was really busy. I'd wake up early, take my shower and get ready. Skype with my boyfriend for a while and quickly run out the door. I'd have a fitting early in the morning, and then from there, run to a casting. And then run from casting to casting for the rest of the day. Stopping for a fast lunch whenever I had time. When I'd finally get home, after dark, I'd make dinner and eat with the other models in the apartment. We'd talk about our day for a while, and then one-by-one all go off to bed. During the shows there can be anywhere from 5 to 15 castings a day. So some days end up being more busy than others, but you are constantly running around. And the agencies don't close on the weekends during the shows, so last minute fittings and castings come up all the time. It’s quite stressful, but always worth it! I end up having a lot of fun every season.

What do your parents think about your job. Are they worried about you being thousands of miles away from home?
My parents have always been very supportive of my happiness. And they know this is what I really love to do. I've been leaving home by myself to go work since I was 16, so my mom is pretty used to my traveling. My dad was always confident that I was a smart girl and 'could handle anything.' But my mom likes to worry a bit. We talk everyday though, and things are working out really well. I come home for just about every holiday, and its nice that I'm working in NY now, so our phone calls aren't quite so expensive

Are you going to walk shows next month? If so, do you look forward? Where are we going to see you?
Yes! I'm so excited for the shows to start! I can't wait to start running around to castings, It gives me such an adrenaline rush. Hopefully it all goes well, and I'll book some shows!!
How much money does a newbie earn per HC show?
It really depends on the client, the model, and the agency. You can get anywhere from 900 euros to 2500 euros per show, or even more sometimes. There really a lot of factors that play into it, so its hard to say an exact amount, especially with the recession happening

Is modeling something you have always dreamt of?
Since I was really young I always used to go through the magazines and admire the perfect faces on the pages. I had a hard time believing they were real people! To me each girl was too perfect to be real, and that was another reason why I didn't think modeling was for me. I don't view myself as being perfect, and I know I have my flaws. But what I've learned to except is that everyone feels the same way, and honestly, we are all just human.

How do your future plans look like? Is there anything planned apart from modeling?
I'm going to model for as long as I can. And after that I was thinking about maybe becoming a counselor. I really like helping people out when they are feeling down. So that's why I'm starting my studies in Psychology, to see how I feel about it, and if I really want to pursue it farther. I think it would be a really fun and rewarding job. But at the same time, I would love to just be a stay-at-home mom and raise a family (many years in the future of course!)
digital-diamonds.blogspot.com

09-09-2009
User Friendly

Can I ask you Samantha who are you with in Europe?

I just learned you are with NEXT in London

source: NEXT modelwire

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

Agencies:

Paris: Marylin Paris
New York: IMG Models
Los Angeles: NEXT Models
Australia: Chic Management
London: NEXT Models
Milan: IMG Models

10-09-2009