How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2013
fashion elite

translated interview by me:
If by the time you still dont know who the stunning Sara Sampaio you´re quite inattentive (and you dont know what you´re losing). Over the year 2012, the model from Porto - and one of the most beautiful residents of Manhattan - got through our houses in tv commercials, where she rolls in bikini by the sand in a paradisiacal bitch and took care of the national and international newstands of magazines, on the covers of Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire and Telva.
Saying that until today Sara Sampaio is the most sucessful portuguese model is no exaggeration. The big campaigns and the awards thta she has conquered on this last year, like her second Globo de Ouro and Fashion Award in a row, are examples of that.
Nothing bad for a young girl that many doubted when, in 2007, she wom the modelling competition Cabelos Pantene, being not as tall as the other contestants. On the nest 8 pages will be proved that women can also be big with small measures. And by the way, did anybody turn on the heat?

Your 2012 was sensational. Which were the most remarkable moments for the past 12 months?
On the summer 2012 was the first time I was the face of Calzedonia. It was also the first time the label bet so much in a campaign. I was all over the tv and also at billboards all over Europe.

You were also at the Victorias Secret shop window with a big image of yourself. How was living that exposure?
I work with the label since February, almost weekly, but that was my first shop window. A friend of mine called me saying that I was in the shop window at Soho and I couldnt believe it! Its unbelievable staring at myself, in there, one of the biggest international labels.

Do you feel surprised with the woman you see?
Yes. Especialy when Its a sexier photoshoot or something more sofisticated. Because in my daily life Im a normal person, who wears jeans and is always smilling. When I see myself looking more mature Im like "wow, if I dress up my self I can actualy look like a lady".

With all the atention you recive, is it hard to continue having your feets on the ground and have a contained ego?
I know a lot of other models who the fame goes to their heads, but I always try to remember where I came from. Im from a mid-class family estable ,and I think, very well educated. They suport me but also try to keep me close to the ground.

How is your life in New York?
I live by myself, with my dog, and I´ve got my apartment, with all the obvious responsibilities. I can go out whenever I want, without giving any excuse to no one. On top of that I travel every week, which gives me a lot of freedom for someone who is only 21. When I comeback to Portugal and I want to arrange somthing with my friends, they stilll have to ask their parents (laughs).

When we talk with models there are always the same complains: spending a lot of time in aeroports, the waits and delays on photoshoots and fashion shows...lets be honest, is it that hard?
For me its the best job in the world because I love to do it. If it has hard things? Yes, like any job. People tell I cant complain because Im always travelling, to give you an idea, I was in 6 countries for the time of 2 weeks. When we have to stay in high heels for 12 hours the jet lag gets even bigger. You dont need to be a genious to do this work, but you need a lot of mental strenght to handle a lot of crap that this industry have, to be very badly treated in castings.

What about the men. Do they flirt with you?
It goes through phases. They do it when Im wearing make up, because when Im not, I look like Im 12 years old. At airports I feel like Im a let down because Im always with the most comfortable clothes and with a very tired face. On other hand when Im in New york I notice something very american: sometimes in the streests people stop and say "wow beautiful, I just wanted to tell that" and then they go on! Thats bizare, but it gives joy to the day. At night when im wearing more make-up and I look like a woman I cant complain (laughs).

Was it hard to recive the new that you wouldnt walk in the Victorias Secret fashion show 2012? Its a big show...
Of cours it was. I worked all year with that goal. I have a lot to thank to my excellent relation with the label. Im the only model doing the 4 lines of VS and I´ve got my own shop window...

Did they say why?
I cant say it for contractual reasons, but I worked 2 days after the day of the show. I´ve been in Mexico photographing, Im going to shoot again when I comeback to New York....I cant complain. I rather create a long relation with the label than do the show and never colaborate with the brand, something that heapens to several girls.

What will we see from you in 2013?
I would like to try acting, because I love the relation betweent the model and the camera but for now Im going to focus on modeling.

sorry for the bad translation but it was the best I could do in a short period of time

07-01-2013
backstage pass

^You, sir, are awesome!!! And don't worry about the translation. I understood everything perfectly. Thank you :flowers:

fashion insider

by Mariano Vivanco

models

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

she is so HOT, VS doesnt use her like they should, i feel she is so much prettier than B palvin

backstage pass

^Sara and Barbara are both incredibly beautiful. Its not even worth comparing them to one another (especially as they're best friends). I just hope VS promotes them to Angel status one day.

V.I.P.

VS Pink

victoriassecret

08-01-2013
V.I.P.

cute adds thanks love

V.I.P.

^You're welcome LMS
VS PINK

victoriassecret

09-01-2013
V.I.P.