How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

^No I think she looks good in Chanel and has the potential to do well in highfashion but she looked borderline scary in those Jason Wu photos , I blame the makeup/lack of eyebrows

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^No I think she looks good in Chanel and has the potential to do well in highfashion but she looked borderline scary in those Jason Wu photos , I blame the makeup/lack of eyebrows

ahahhhahaa thats true not many people look good with no brows. But I guess thats the look Wu wanted.

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

New Macys

macys.com

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

Shanina speaks backstage at vsfs @ 2:10

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

I just died

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

One of the highlights of yesterday’s lush Chanel‘s pre-fall show was the diverse cast. Amidst familiar Lagerfeld favorites like Arizona Muse and Stella Tennant a host of Indian & Pakistani beauties glided down the runway and caught our attention. Girls like Lakshmi Menon are already bonafide fashion stars, but the show brought a host of newer faces to the Grand Palais. Willowy beauties*Jyothsna Chakravarthy, Smita Lasrado, Kelly Gale looked elegant in Chanel’s gold and cream palette. Fresh from the brand’s beauty campaign, Alyssah Ali*traisped down the Chanel catwalk. Buzzed about beauty Shanina Shaik proved her versatility by pulling a complete 180 from her sultry Victoria’s Secret look. With her strong brows and refined look Liza Golden radiated classic beauty. Months after Vogue India labeled her the next supermodel Ashika Pratt hit high fashion’s big leagues.
When it comes to presenting a cast that represents the melting pot we all live in, fashion still has a long way to go. It is only in the past few years that brands truly began to embrace Asian models, but as beautiful as the women of South Asia are they are still a rarity on the runway. The theme of Chanel’s pre-fall collection dealt heavily with Indian influences and the casting attempted to reflect that, but out of 70 plus looks only a handful were worn by ethnic models. It remains to be seen if these young ladies will build on this momentum and dominate the catwalks next season, but we’re hoping this is the beginning of a moment.

Models.com

There was also a photo with this article but I cant upload it right now sorry.

07-12-2011
front row

Helen thanks for the upload of the Intimissimi show - she looked sexy and gorgeous in that show. I hope to see her do more for them.

I didn't really like the Jason Wu photos but this has nothing to do with Shanina but moreso the makeup and the idea of bleaching her eyebrows - why???

I believe Shanina will prove alot more people wrong as she does more HF work - time will tell I guess.

Shanina is busy till xmas with work - can only imagine what's in store for her for 2012. She's come along way and I wish her the best as she deserves it! She has a unique look which is bonus.

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

Amazzing do you have any idea how long she will be in Australia for?

07-12-2011
fashion icon

Jason Wu didn't suit Shanina because she dosen't look good ugly. A lot of high fashion models look good with the bleached eyebrows as they can pull of ugly, Shanina is too beautiful to be made to look ugly. If she goes HF it won't last long as 2 common themes in Jason Wu and Chanel work is the Indian, Pakistan, Arabic trend. What happens when the trend is over? Will they want to book her? She needs to focus on getting a cosmetic contract I think.

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

Thank you helen-rox for the photos/videos ! xx I think no one suits bleached eyebrows.. period.

More chanel;

lovevsmodels.com

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 07-12-2011 at 08:29 PM.

07-12-2011
front row

Dunno if this is over-analysing but I read some article (can't remember which website, sorry) about the implications of these Indian themes and how it could be because of the global financial crisis/European debt crisis that India, as well as China, is where the future big spenders of luxury brands are. So it might be just be a fad or maybe a bigger shift towards going where the money is... Not that I necessarily reckon there'll be heaps of Indian inspired collections, but if it means they'll want more girls who look like Shanina on the HF runway, I say yay.

And re eyebrows, I'm tempted to take one of the Jason Wu shots, photoshop some eyebrows back in and see how Shanina looks then. Her strong features are always gonna need brows.

08-12-2011
fashion icon

wow she's getting a lot of hf works after vs

08-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen-rox View Post
Amazzing do you have any idea how long she will be in Australia for?
Shanina is returning to Aus to spend time with her family and rumour is Tyson is accompanying her. She has worked booked here and should be here till 2nd week of January 2012.

09-12-2011
fashion icon

When is the VS store opening at Melbourne airport? If it is the same time Shanina is here I wonder if she would cut the ribbon at the opening

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

They said that there is no plans for an official opening event that Shanina or Miranda are going to attend because of some kind of advertising restrictions on duty free. But try did say it could be a last minute thing.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, november, shaik, shanina