How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
10-12-2011
  76
trendsetter
 
nightclubbing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,371
She had one look in the show and has never even shot for VS. If they even allowed a press event there, I doubt she'd be cutting any ribbons over the Australian angel that they already have. Like I could understand if she had been working with them but yeah... No.

__________________
I'm from New York, I will kill to get what I need. ; tumblr
 
 
10-12-2011
  77
fashion icon
 
Purpledinosaurxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,427
^If Miranda was busy, Shanina could definitely do it. Yes, she has only done the show, but she has had a Lot of publicity since. I am sure we will see her in the catalogue soon, and hopefully some VS campaigns. Not sure if you have been to Melbourne airport, but the store being opened is not some big store like the US. This store will be primarily selling travel items with some lingerie. Like Helen said anyway, likely neither of them will be there.
Posted via Mobile Device

 
10-12-2011
  78
rising star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 175
When they opened the Sydney VS Travel & Leisure store they did it really quietly and no fanfare and it was the first time they opened a VS in Australia. So I'm expecting the Melb store to be the same ... I'm going through the Melb International Terminal next week will have a squizz and take a photo if I can ... :-)

 
10-12-2011
  79
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
Shanina could definitely do it.
The VS machine typically does not work that way. Shanina has zero ties to the company at the moment. There are models who have worked with them for years that don't even do launches, so I can't see how a model who had one outfit in one fashion show would be deserving of the honor. She might be doing interviews with the Australian press promoting herself to get some publicity, but that definitely doesn't make her worthy of doing an event representing the company.

I can't recall a single model in VS history that went from a grand total of zero catalog pictures to doing a launch. If she had that kind of miracle occur for her, then it would be an exception on the ultimate level, but she needs to focus on trying to get in the catalogs first. That's not even a given or a foregone conclusion. Quite a few models have done the show but have never done the catalogs.

It's one thing to have wishes of her being an angel one day, but you're kind of taking her from graduating day care on a Monday and entering college on a Tuesday.


Last edited by tlg00; 10-12-2011 at 08:22 PM.
 
10-12-2011
  80
fashion icon
 
Purpledinosaurxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,427
^I don't expect her to become an angel anytime soon, but I do expect her to do more work for them within the next 12 months. She had a really good response from the show so who knows. I didn't expect her to ever walk for Chanel in her career, yet a month after the VS show she books Chanel. Nobody can predict the future, all we can do is hope of bigger things from her. She may never become an angel, but as a fan all you can do is cheer her on.


Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 10-12-2011 at 09:01 PM.
 
10-12-2011
  81
front row
 
LilBabushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Antipodes
Gender: femme
Posts: 388
^ Brilliantly said Purpledinosaurxo!

Anyway, if the papers are to be believed, she will be shooting with VS this week

Model Shanina Shaik's career is taking off

AFTER landing a Chanel catwalk show and a lucrative Victoria's Secret campaign in the same week, Shanina Shaik's career has officially hit the major league.

The stunning 20-year-old Australian model strutted for the luxury fashion house's Paris to Bombay catwalk show on Tuesday, wearing a breathtaking India-inspired metallic sari dress and leather boots.

It follows her debut last month on the Victoria's Secret runway, at which she must have impressed considering she was offered a print campaign with the lingerie giant, which she shoots this week.

It's a big coup for the former reality show contestant, who lost to Rhys Uhlich in the 2008 television series Make Me A Supermodel and dropped off the fashion radar.

Her relationship with 40- year-old male supermodel Tyson Beckford has also boosted her profile in the US, and we reckon she'll be getting her coveted "Angel Wings" before long.



from the dailytelegraph.com.au

 
10-12-2011
  82
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
^I don't expect her to become an angel anytime soon
Well this whole conversation started with your post asking about her possibly doing an event - something that's typically reserved for mainly contracted models or in a few exceptions models who have built up a bit of work for them: neither one a category that Shanina currently falls in. It's like "Let her at least get a catalog picture published before you jump to hoping she cuts ribbons." It's not 100% impossible for it to happen, but event speculation is going from 0 to 60 for sure.

There's usually so many steps that come before that process. That's what some of us are trying to say.


Last edited by tlg00; 10-12-2011 at 10:35 PM.
 
10-12-2011
  83
fashion icon
 
Purpledinosaurxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,427
^thank-you for the article lilbabushka

'lucrative Victoria's Secret campaign', hopefully this is not an overstatement by the Aussie media. I remember they said the same thing about Jess Hart. They said she signed a big contract and was one of the angels a few years ago, and they still think she has done the show when she hasn't .

Campaign or catalogue its good to finally see her shoot with them. It was going to happen sooner or later. Hopefully it is a campaign


Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Well this whole conversation started with your post asking about her possibly doing an event - something that's typically reserved for mainly contracted models or in a few exceptions models who have built up a bit of work for them: neither one a category that Shanina currently falls in. It's like "Let her at least get a catalog picture published before you jump to hoping she cuts ribbons." It's not 100% impossible for it to happen, but event speculation is going from 0 to 60 for sure.

There's usually so many steps that come before that process. That's what some of us are trying to say.
Well she is shooting for VS this week, and its a rumoured campaign. When looking at steps she is half way there. VS could choose to work with any top model in the world, yet they seem to like Shanina. Shanina went into the show as an unknown, and only really known to her fans. How many top models want to work for them? tbh she has done really done well for herself. She has gone a lot further then a lot of other models have. She is only 20, she has plenty of time. There is nothing stopping her from becoming an angel one day, she is definitely a lot closer to achieving it then where she was 12 months ago.

__________________
VISIT AND FOLLOW MY BLOG- THANK-YOU :) http://purpledinosaurxo.com Follow my Twitter :-) http://twitter.com/#!/purpleamyxo

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 10-12-2011 at 10:45 PM.
 
10-12-2011
  84
V.I.P.
 
helen-rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBabushka View Post
^ Brilliantly said Purpledinosaurxo!

Anyway, if the papers are to be believed, she will be shooting with VS this week

Model Shanina Shaik's career is taking off

AFTER landing a Chanel catwalk show and a lucrative Victoria's Secret campaign in the same week, Shanina Shaik's career has officially hit the major league.

The stunning 20-year-old Australian model strutted for the luxury fashion house's Paris to Bombay catwalk show on Tuesday, wearing a breathtaking India-inspired metallic sari dress and leather boots.

It follows her debut last month on the Victoria's Secret runway, at which she must have impressed considering she was offered a print campaign with the lingerie giant, which she shoots this week.

It's a big coup for the former reality show contestant, who lost to Rhys Uhlich in the 2008 television series Make Me A Supermodel and dropped off the fashion radar.

Her relationship with 40- year-old male supermodel Tyson Beckford has also boosted her profile in the US, and we reckon she'll be getting her coveted "Angel Wings" before long.



from the dailytelegraph.com.au
I'm really hoping this report is true

__________________
Tumblr - http://helensamaryan.tumblr.com/
 
10-12-2011
  85
trendsetter
 
nightclubbing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
'lucrative Victoria's Secret campaign', hopefully this is not an overstatement by the Aussie media.
The overstatement if anything is Tyson boosting anyone's profile, he hasn't been relevant in the states in like 10 years if she's shooting something for VS then good for her! But saying she's closer to an angel contract just because she walked the show and is on a maybe because of a news report, eh. I'll believe it when I see her shoots for the company.

She did look good at Chanel, though, theme aside.

__________________
I'm from New York, I will kill to get what I need. ; tumblr
 
10-12-2011
  86
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 592
Purple Dinosaur, we are talking about two completely different things. You're talking about hoping she becomes an angel one day. I don't care about that at all. My posts are referring to your "cut the ribbon" post where you were talking about hoping she does an event. I'm saying what an exception to the rule that would be. I'm just was pointing out the extremity of that scenario and what a rare exception it would be.

 
10-12-2011
  87
V.I.P.
 
helen-rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,876
Can we stop this please! Everyone will have different oppinions. You can state your differences in opinion once, and that's enough. Or if you want to discuss it further please use private messages. I really don't like reading the thread when it gets so tence, I'm sure there are others that feel the same way thanks

__________________
Tumblr - http://helensamaryan.tumblr.com/
 
10-12-2011
  88
trendsetter
 
nightclubbing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,371
It's not getting tense though? It's just an opposing opinion, it happens sometimes in discussions. It's nice that she's getting the HF work and I'm interested in seeing where she goes from here.

__________________
I'm from New York, I will kill to get what I need. ; tumblr
 
10-12-2011
  89
scenester
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: nyc
Gender: femme
Posts: 69
^^ This is a discussion forum after all. Opinions and differences should be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen-rox View Post
You can state your differences in opinion once, and that's enough.
The same can go with the continued stating of wishful thinking opinions... State it once, and that's enough, right? Thanks!

Glad Shanina is getting exposure beyond catalog work, but if she works for VS, she will return to catalogs, which I think she is great at.

 
11-12-2011
  90
fashion icon
 
Purpledinosaurxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,427
Well said Helen

Anyway, if Shanina is shooting with next week, how long would it be until we see the images. Do VS take a long time with editing and what not? Hopefully it's with Russell James, he usually takes really good behind-the-scenes and uploads them on his Facebook the same day. If I can recall, she shot with him for that bed and body works fragrance. And hopefully she posts some pics on twitter too

Is it in NY, L.A or some island place?


Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 11-12-2011 at 12:10 AM.
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, november, shaik, shanina
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.