How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-12-2011
front row

Shanina is shooting for VS next week!!! I can confirm!!

There is nothing this girl can't do and based on how far she's come in such a short time I think she has the potential for anything as she seems to be proving.

The opening of the VS shop at the airport would be great to see if Shanina and Miranda could be there but who knows - anything is possible -

I can see Shanina being an Angel and there's nothing stopping her from getting there - she has done really well in the pre-show interview prior to the VS launch in the US and obviously chosen to participate in the interview as one of the new girls was something to be proud of. There's nothing stopping this girl - time will tell.........

11-12-2011
fashion icon

^Thanks for the confirmation Amazzing : You always give us such great updates

And your right, Shanina is unstoppable at the moment, I can just imagine what 2012 is going to be like

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 11-12-2011 at 12:38 AM.

11-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
Well said Helen

Anyway, if Shanina is shooting with next week, how long would it be until we see the images. Do VS take a long time with editing and what not?
There's usually a two to three month lapse between when something is shot to when the images are first released for vs (ex. VS Christmas campaign was shot in July and first images started coming out in September and for VS Swim 2012 pics are starting to be released when most models shot during the begginnig of Paris fashion week.)

11-12-2011
front row

Woohoo! Thanks for confirming Amazzing!

And it would be fabulous if she had some involvement in the Melbourne launch, being the hometown girl n all. Given the momentum around her right now, I agree, anything is possible.

Last edited by LilBabushka; 11-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.

11-12-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemusic22 View Post
There's usually a two to three month lapse between when something is shot to when the images are first released for vs (ex. VS Christmas campaign was shot in July and first images started coming out in September and for VS Swim 2012 pics are starting to be released when most models shot during the begginnig of Paris fashion week.)
Thanks for that Lovemusic22

Could it be for Valentine Day? Or is that only an angel thing? Maybe its for their cotton range or something

11-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Most likely not since the Valentine's day pics are being released right now. It's most likely for one of their Spring clothing/lingerie campaigns.

11-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Hopefully it's with Russell James, he usually takes really good behind-the-scenes and uploads them on his Facebook the same day.
Actually, he hasn't done a same day Facebook upload in a while. He now focuses on doing the instant photos via Instagram, so you need to watch his feed there.

95% of the time he only posts a picture of angel or girl who is doing a ton of VS work at the moment (like Lais or Edita), but once in a while he throws a bone to someone else.

Last edited by tlg00; 11-12-2011 at 06:15 AM.

11-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Actually, he hasn't done a same day Facebook upload in a while. He now focuses on doing the instant photos via Instagram, so you need to watch his feed there.

95% of the time he only posts a picture of angel or girl who is doing a ton of VS work at the moment (like Lais or Edita), but once in a while he throws a bone to someone else.
No I tend to think that Russell has a good eye for beauty and appreciates this by uploading the excellent work he is proud of. I now he was impressed with the work Shanina did in the Bed and Bath Bodyworks and therefore uploaded the pics. I mean who wouldn't appreciate true beauty and then share it with all to see??

Like I said I think Shanina is unstoppable at the moment and good on her! She looked sexy and gorgeous in Initimissimi and the VS show and now working for the likes of Chanel and other designers is merely just the beginning I'd say.

If VS are interested in Shanina - I say "great" I can really see her in VS

11-12-2011
front row

http://www.fashionunited.in/news/tre...s-081220112860

The Chanel show looked lavish and exotic!

11-12-2011
fashion icon

I think Shanina is very beautiful, and I hope we continue to see her wrork for VS; however, I don't think she will become an angel anytime soon, because it is pretty obvious now that Lais is the newest angel. Both Shanina & Lais are almost the same skin color, and given the VS track record, I highly doubt they would have two angels who appear racially ambiguous. If VS were two have two models of color, the other one would most likely have a darker skin tone.

Now, I do thing she has a chance at landing a big beauty contract like L'oreal or Covergirl.....

11-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I think Shanina is very beautiful, and I hope we continue to see her wrork for VS; however, I don't think she will become an angel anytime soon, because it is pretty obvious now that Lais is the newest angel. Both Shanina & Lais are almost the same skin color, and given the VS track record, I highly doubt they would have two angels who appear racially ambiguous. If VS were two have two models of color, the other one would most likely have a darker skin tone.

Now, I do thing she has a chance at landing a big beauty contract like L'oreal or Covergirl.....
I think both Lais and Shanina though coloured have two totally different looks and I tend to think Shanina's are more exotic (personally both beautiful however I prefer Shanina's) but again that's just me stating my preference. If VS were to consider Shanina as the next upcoming Angel that would be terrific yet a bonus of two coloured girls with totally different looks.

I agree some beauty work would be good to see as she has done some though bigger opportunities of this would be good to see as well - who knows what 2012 holds for Shanina - she seems to be extremely busy considering the year is winding up.

12-12-2011
fashion icon

I don't think VS will have a problem with having 2-3 coloured girls, I mean we are living in the 21st century don't think it would be an issue. Like Amazzing said her Lais and Shanina are really different, when looking at them I can't tell one similarity. Plus looking at her preshow interview, she is a really good spokesmodel, and her English is obviously really good. She is also a fantastic role model, due to fact in a recent interview she said is against bullying (she was bullied) and wants to help children who are being bullied. Plus, Shanina has a famous boyfriend, VS like that. She has the whole package...

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 12-12-2011 at 01:51 AM.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
HOPPERS Crossing beauty Shanina Shaik has officially hit the big time, modelling for Chanel and signing a lucrative deal with Victoria's Secret in seven days.

The 20-year-old took the catwalk by storm last Tuesday, wearing an Indian-inspired sari dress and leather boots in the couture giant's Paris-to-Bombay show under the watchful eye of Karl Lagerfeld.

After her debut for Victoria's Secret alongside Miranda Kerr last month, Shaik will shoot a print campaign for the lingerie giant this week.
Herald Sun

12-12-2011
trendsetter

Jason putting the final touches on model Shanina

from Jason Wu's tumblr

12-12-2011
fashion icon

^I love the shoes Shanina also looks great

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, november, shaik, shanina