How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

Shanina Shaik (November 2011 - February 2013)
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep yourpicture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you!

terrysdiary.com

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 26-11-2011 at 06:28 AM.

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

She looks great thanks for posting.

26-11-2011
V.I.P.

love the shots by terry

26-11-2011
fashion icon

I can't believe this is Shanina's 3rd thread, some models haven't even filled one

I can imagine when Shanina comes back to Australia, she is going to be so busy. All the media outlets will want interviews. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Cosmo, Cleo, Shop Til You Drop, Marie Claire, Grazia, and Madison want shoots with her.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chic wasn't already inundated with jobs for when she returns

The Aussie media gets excited when a model just does the catalogue, let alone the show

26-11-2011
V.I.P.

lol @ what she just tweeted:

'Some men unfortunately rudely stare. Not kool buddy...please be a gentleman'

^ I'd stare @ her if I saw her though...her face is too flawless.

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
I can't believe this is Shanina's 3rd thread, some models haven't even filled one

I can imagine when Shanina comes back to Australia, she is going to be so busy. All the media outlets will want interviews. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Cosmo, Cleo, Shop Til You Drop, Marie Claire, Grazia, and Madison want shoots with her.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chic wasn't already inundated with jobs for when she returns

The Aussie media gets excited when a model just does the catalogue, let alone the show
Hahahhaa this just shows that some of us update her thread way too much

28-11-2011
front row

Does anyone know whether the VS show will be on U Tube after the show airs in the US on the 29th November? I know aussies get to see the show on Foxtel 13th December but just curious whether we can view earlier?

I believe Tyson is joining Shanina on her trip back to Australia for christmas.

29-11-2011
fashion icon

She has an interview on CBS 20 mins before the show is aired. Also she has an upcoming interview on Today Tonight this week. Not sure of the date though
Posted via Mobile Device

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

Today tonight is that the Aussie version or is it in America?

29-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen-rox View Post
Today tonight is that the Aussie version or is it in America?
Australian I was told.

What did you think of the interview on the pre VS show aired tonight?

30-11-2011
fashion icon

this is from the today tonight website

Quote:
The Victoria's Secret catwalk is packed with most gorgeous women in the world, and now more of them are coming from Australia.

The famous rhinestone runway sets hearts racing and attracts an international audience of close to 40 million people.

It boasts performances from Jay-Z, Kanye West, Maroon 5 and Nicki Minaj, this year's Victoria's Secret fashion show is much more than just a show case for underwear - it is a world event.

This year, alongside 37 of the world's most famous figures, Shanina Shaik made her Victoria's Secret debut and proved to the world some of the best angels don't come from heaven, but from down under.

More stories from Today Tonight
'Soapumentary' reveals all
Kim Kardashian speaks out
SJP sexes up the city

"Even though it was my first show I thought it was one of the best", Shanina said.

The 20-year-old Melbourne girl was only good enough to finish second to Rhys Uhlich on Seven's reality TV show Search for a Supermodel.

From reality TV to the big time runway, it has taken three years for Shanina to arrive at this point.

While beautiful in her own skin, Shanina and the 37 other models get a lot of help putting together the 30 minute Victoria's Secret show.

A team of 21 make-up artists, 19 hairdressers, 30 bottles of bronzer, 90 tubes of lip gloss, over 2 million Swarovski crystals and teams of security guards are needed to watch over Miranda Kerr's 71 carat diamond encrusted bra which is worth a cool $2.5 million.

"It's nearly a 14 hour day. You're in hair and make up for about 4-5 hours, so there's hair then do your face, then it's all your body, moisturising and then they actually take you downstairs into a dressing room and it's 20 minutes before you head onto the catwalk", Shanina said.

Then the most important and impractical part of the show - the 31 pairs of angel wings.

The price tag for this year's production was $12 million dollars - 100 times more than the first show cost in 1995.

"The next dream for me, or achievement, would be to become a Victoria's Secret Angel definitely. Doing the show this year was hopefully a stepping stone to that, so we'll see, fingers crossed", Shanina said.
au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight

30-11-2011
fashion icon

Just watched the show Her walk was pretty good, way better then expected. The only thing that bothered me was she blew way too many kisses, she would have been really nervous . I hope we see her there in 2012.
Posted via Mobile Device

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

I just watched it too and here is the video. I agree she did well, but yes too many kisses but I think she would have been nervous and she got caried away blowing kisses to her mum and Tyson. But it's kinda cute you could tell she was really happy to be there

30-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
Just watched the show Her walk was pretty good, way better then expected. The only thing that bothered me was she blew way too many kisses, she would have been really nervous . I hope we see her there in 2012.
Posted via Mobile Device
It just seemed that way cause they don't show her walking all the way down the runway after Candice. Its a long runway and the editing makes it seem as if she was blowing lots of kisses. Far different watching the show live to editing stage.

We all hope she's back next year cause I'd like to see her in more outfits or even wings!

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

I would love to see the pre show interview if someone can find it

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, november, shaik, shanina