How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2009
nervous like a knivefight

I liker her in the last one

12-07-2009
V.I.P.

As much as I like Shelby, she definitely did not walk at last year's Chanel Resort 2009 I'm really positive! maybe she got cancelled hours or days before the show

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

Shelby at Ford Supermodel of the World Canada 2008

fordmodelsearchcanada.com

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

Ford SMOTW Canada 2009 casting call: Shelby at 1:21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXP2MLiSLs

05-08-2009
windowshopping

Chanel Show
Shelby was one of 3 Canadian girls in the Chanel show in Toronto in November of 2009. It was a recreation of the Miami one.

05-08-2009
front row

Ford Model Shelby Furber at The Paper Bag Princess Boutique in Toronto wearing a "Hollywood Looser" T-Shirt by Alex Paterson
Hollywoodlooser.com

And an interview with her:
Interview With Ford Supermodel of the World Runner-Up, Shelby Furber.

When frolicking at fashion week a few months back, I had scheduled an interview with none other than the beautiful Ford Supermodel of Canada, Shelby Furber. Just this past winter, Shelby flew to the coastal resort town of Budva, Montenegro to compete in the global finals for the Ford Supermodel of the World competition as the representation of Ford's Canadian Supermodel. At 5"10 with blue ocean-spray eyes, the brilliant brunette landed an impressive third runner-up pick in the competition, setting a phenomenal start for her modeling career. Soon after, the crowned Canadian super-queen was already walking for big names such as Lucian Matis, Diesel, Joe Fresh, Renata Morales, Evan & Dean as well as Gaudet and Pink Tartan. She also appeared in the prestigiously high-profile Chanel Resort Show last November 2008, held at a hanger in Santa Monica Airport. Shelby has recently appeared in editorials for Glow and Cheek Magazine, stunning the pages with an Alana Zimmer-esque profile with an added look to call her own.

Have a look below for some bits and bites from our fashion week interview.
Name: Shelby Furber
Agent: Ford
Interviewer: Nadia, TFVG.
Hey Shelby, how are you doing today? Enjoying yourself?
Yeah, I'm loving the week so far! It's been such a long week, but in a good way!
Yeah, I'm with you on that one! So let's get started?
Sure!
Alright, so how long have you been modeling Shelby?
Since last summer, so almost a full year now. I was crowned Ford Supermodel of Canada in June 2008, so yeah just a few months short of a year.
What's your favorite part about modeling?
I have to say I love the runway shows! They're so colorful and they are always a great experience.
What about your favorite part about being here at fashion week?
Honestly, every single bit of it is amazing. I don't know, it's just like, once you get on the runway it's so much fun, just being out there has got to be my favorite part. All the lights and just being on stage, it's really great!
Do you mostly do runway, or catalog work as well?
Both. I've mostly been doing runway, but recently I've done two shoots for Glow and one for Cheek Magazine so those were great.
Wow, that's a great start, only in a year and already rocking Glow Magazine!
Yeah, for sure! But there is still a lot I want to do!
So it seems you are looking to pursue modeling a great deal further?
Definitely, I hope so and I will see where it takes me.
Well, you have a gorgeous face darling and I definitely look forward to see you on catwalks and covers alike in the next little while!
Haha, thanks so much!
So what do you have left to do today?
Well this evening I'm walking for Pink Tartan, the invite-only show later tonight, but I have been so busy all day I think I'll go relax a bit with my family and then come back for hair and makeup.
Sounds great! Well I will be keeping an eye out for you from the front row, silently rooting for you! Good luck tonight Shelby and thanks for your time!
Thank you very much!
What a sweetheart! TFVG Loves Shelby Furber. XO

thefashionvisionboardgirl.blogspot.com/

front row

A polaroid

1. How did you become involved with Supermodel of the World?
    My mom started an online submission to Ford and then we began to receive all the emails. My dance studio also received the information for the Toronto audition.
  2. Did you have any experience with modeling prior to the search?
    No.
  3. What would you say was the best part about your experience with the Supermodel of the World search thus far?
    It was really fun having my hair and makeup done by the professional artists. The greatest thing was to be chosen to model the Diesel clothes. It was my very first modeling and I loved it.
  4. Why do you want to be the next Supermodel of the World?
    I would feel privileged to be a part of the world of fashion and beauty. It would feel and be great to be a part of an industry that allows others to see and know their true beauty.
  5. What are some of your other interests?
    I love to dance, perform and compete. I love art, concerts, theatre, great music, and having fun with my friends.
If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things could you not live without?
  1. My friends/family
  2. My ipod/music
  3. My Computer
fordmodelsearchcanada.com

www.nkpr.net/nkprblog.php

front row

the hollywoodlooser.com pic in #21

hollywoodlooser.com

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelie View Post
Shelby was one of 3 Canadian girls in the Chanel show in Toronto in November of 2009. It was a recreation of the Miami one.
Woops 2008!

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

This was so last year...oh well, better late than never

Ford Models Supermodel of the World 2009 Top 12

From L-R:
Venezeuela- Rachelle Garzon
USA- Clara Buchanan
Norway- Johanna Friis
Australia- Stacey Grant
Brazil- Tayane Leão
Canada- Shelby Furber
Lithuania- Gabrielle Doveikaite
Israel- Alisa Gourari
Poland- Magdalena Fiolka
Philippines- Gisselle Paqueo
Russia- Julia Pyankova
Serbia- Anastasija Ruzdic

supermodelsoflithuania.com

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

supermodel.se

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

Ford Models Supermodel of the World 2009 Top 5

(L-R) Shelby/Canada (4th), Julia/Russia (5th), Tayane/Brazil( winner), Alisa/Israel (2nd) & Rachel/Venezuela (3rd)

flickr.com/photos/fordmodels

06-04-2010
V.I.P.

Shelby walked some shows in Toronto Fashion Week

windowshopping

Pictures from last year...
At Ford Models Supermodel of the World Search held at the Eaton Centre in Toronto:

Photos from www.jeeperspeeper.com

Look at how she towers over Sandy Gold! She has a touch of awkwardness about her - like most models - but it's endearing. Her skin looks like it doesn't even know the meaning of "blemish". Anyone have more recent photos? Maybe from fashion week?

05-05-2010
V.I.P.

Shelby switched to Elmer Olsen Toronto & it seems like she's not with Ford NY anymore

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
furber, shelby