How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-08-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaObsessed View Post
I don't think it's so different now than in times past. The supermodels of yesterday all had personalities that they used hand in hand with their modeling skills to propel them to the levels they achieved. It wasn't as 'in your face' as it is now, but it was there. It just wasn't as obvious because social media hadn't been invented yet.
excepting that they were models, not actresses.
If you see at Vogue US they only cast actresses or singers, not even famous models, is very very difficult whenever they cast Gisele or one of the famous models.

05-08-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceePriincess View Post
excepting that they were models, not actresses.
If you see at Vogue US they only cast actresses or singers, not even famous models, is very very difficult whenever they cast Gisele or one of the famous models.
I was refering to models not actresses and celebs. The top models of today each have their own personalities and traits whether natural or created to help maximize exposure. There are Karlie's Cookies, Cara's funny faces, Natalia's humanitarian efforts. Not so different than Linda's "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day" statement.

Vogue US has been on the wrong track for years casting actresses and celebs for their covers. Anna isn't stupid though, she picks cover girls that will sell the magazine and in the US actresses and celebs sell better than top models. Sad, but true. I wish times would change and the people who buy the magazines would take more interest in the girls who are making fashion happen one catwalk, one editorial and one ad campaign at a time.

05-08-2013
rising star

Quote:
I was refering to models not actresses and celebs. The top models of today each have their own personalities and traits whether natural or created to help maximize exposure. There are Karlie's Cookies, Cara's funny faces, Natalia's humanitarian efforts. Not so different than Linda's "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day" statement.

Vogue US has been on the wrong track for years casting actresses and celebs for their covers. Anna isn't stupid though, she picks cover girls that will sell the magazine and in the US actresses and celebs sell better than top models. Sad, but true. I wish times would change and the people who buy the magazines would take more interest in the girls who are making fashion happen one catwalk, one editorial and one ad campaign at a time.
I agree.

06-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelavender View Post
Harper's Bazaar Korea August 2013

HQ COVER

facebook/harper's bazaar korea

It's their 17th anniversary issue.
Cover story "Classy Cool" for Harper's Bazaar Korea August 2013

Photographer: Mark Pillai

Model: Sigrid Agren

Source: Fashion Scans Remastered (fashionscansremastered.net)

Last edited by meidude; 06-08-2013 at 09:17 PM.

06-08-2013
tfs star

^ Thanks a lot for posting the ed, meidude.

It's a great one. I love all the shots especially those against the grey background. Kudos to the makeup and hair styling, along with great pose, they managed to make the awful Chanel fall collection look desirable.

07-08-2013
front row

"Classy Cool" is amazing and I love it! As Jelavender said, the team and Sigrid make the not so hot Chanel fall collection look good.

I like the cover too, even though I'm not a fan of the dress (another Chanel fall 2013 fail).

07-08-2013
Vogue Paris Intern

She is becoming more and more expressive in front of the camera. Love it!

07-08-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
She is becoming more and more expressive in front of the camera. Love it!
I would say she's becoming "again" a great model, I remember her pictures when she started and I was quiet amazed by her posing/expressions, but after some time she became kinda lifeless on the runway and in eds. I'm happy to see a bit of the old Sigrid back, and I have to say that she never looked better than now

11-08-2013
trendsetter

Daria Strokous and Sigrid Agren in Marie Claire Runway UK.

tumblr/officialrodarte

12-08-2013
tfs star

Quote:

I agree with you. Models are more interesting than celebs...

But well, Linda and Natalia aren't runway models anymore.. I love them anyways.. but there are certain models that made her life as a celebrity and thats hateful.. like Tyra Banks or Heidi Klum, that I consider them more like actresses or presenters rather than models.

I like the fact that Karlie, Barbara and specially Cara are famous, but so sad the press always referred about them as " The Victoria's Secret model", like if working for VS was their biggest achievement.

12-08-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelavender View Post
Chanel beauty Fall 2013 : Rouge Allure Moiré Collection
weibo.com/vsfs
HQ

zinio.com

14-08-2013
tfs star

i-D Prefall 2013 Street Issue

Photographer: Matt Jones
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher

twitter/Elite London

14-08-2013
fashion insider

^ Stunning for i-D, I can't get enough of Sigrid with a strong red lip. She wears it perfectly

15-08-2013
trendsetter

"Classy Cool" is nice but somewhat bland IMO.

Sigrid is at her best when she is slightly angry.

19-08-2013
V.I.P.

Sigrid for Peek & Cloppenburg

peek-cloppenburg.de

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, agren, july, november, sigrid