How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-01-2013
trendsetter

part2

neimanmarcus

17-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Why's everyone surprised she's doing VS? She has a classically beautiful face - or shall we say she's beautiful in a very mainstream way, body notwithstanding? And anyway, it's not like VS haven't been using girls who look like adolescent boys for, like, ages now? I mean, look at their 'angels'. Other than Adriana and Doutzen, NONE of the other angels actually have a bombshell body, do they? When VS have been, off late, using someone as weird looking and with a body without an ounce of sex appeal like Karlie Kloss or Cara D, why does Sigrid for VS come as a shock? At least Sigrid's very pretty, which is more than what can be said for some of VS's latest choices.

Good on her.
Absolutely Agree Sigrid is miles better looking than those girls and more suitable for VS which used to be about mainstream classical beauty. However, I think Sigrid's features are very delicate and her body is not the best for VS but even then she's much better than those you mentioned and I'm happy for her

17-01-2013
tfs star

omg those photos are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she looks so freshing in there!

18-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Absolutely Agree Sigrid is miles better looking than those girls and more suitable for VS which used to be about mainstream classical beauty. However, I think Sigrid's features are very delicate and her body is not the best for VS but even then she's much better than those you mentioned and I'm happy for her
Absolutely. A decade ago, when one thought of VS, one thought about women like Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele, Adriana et al. Striking, voluptuous, powerful and sexy women. Nowadays, with the exception of Adriana and Doutzen, all of the other VS angels as well as regulars like Candice, Miranda, Lily, Erin, Toni, Behati, Cara, Karlie, Maryna look nothing like strong, sexy women. A decade ago, someone like Sigrid would've been unimaginable for VS. Now it's hardly surprising.

Still, it's good money, and I hope she does a lot of work with them. I mean, Karlie went from doing VS Pink to actually walking VS shows and getting featured in catalogues regularly. I see no reason way Sigrid can't do that either, with a little luck.

18-01-2013
fashion insider

Elie Saab S/S 2013

zinio.fr Via anlabe32

18-01-2013
fashion insider

^ Congrats!

Quote:
I mean, Karlie went from doing VS Pink to actually walking VS shows and getting featured in catalogues regularly. I see no reason way Sigrid can't do that either, with a little luck.
And some good agents and connections

18-01-2013
tfs star

I bet Sigrid will go far with VS she is stunning and for me, better looking than the other models.

18-01-2013
backstage pass

Still no representation in NY? F/W 13-14 show season is not that far away. Unless she plans to skip NY shows.

18-01-2013
fashion insider

She's with The Society as I said before

19-01-2013
tfs star

What is The Society? A modeling agency?

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveu88 View Post
What is The Society? A modeling agency?
I think it's a brand new agency ...

19-01-2013
tfs star

yeah, its a new agency, I never heard of it before, but crossed fingers for Sigrid.

19-01-2013
backstage pass

Society is a brand new agency in NY opened by Elite World. It's basically Elite World's attempt to expand into the US.

19-01-2013
tfs star

oh, so there's nothing to worry about. and why do they change their best models to The Society and didnt let them stay in Elite??

20-01-2013
backstage pass

Elite New York is not part of Elite World.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, agren, july, november, sigrid