How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2012
fashion icon

^ Random cars that she doesn't really consider cars?

25-04-2012
front row

Love her funny remarks, just wish she would model more.

29-04-2012
V.I.P.

YES! ^ same/same.

29-04-2012
backstage pass

any news??

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

New interview with Snejana. Not sure when the show was actually filmed.

I'll translate it later today when I get home. The only REAL bit of news is that she says she's going to LA in September to enroll in film school. So no FW for her yet again.

trendsetter

So she wants to go to LA for a year and yet she did not want to move to Paris a few years ago ? That's weird.

I can't wait for your translation. I wonder what she's saying about alexander Wang, Natasha P, Sasha, Isabeli and Jessica Stam !
Love the way she says "Isabel Marant".

She needs to get rid of the bangs and the horrible make-up, she looks like a living dead !

V.I.P.

OMG she's coming to LA in September? PUHlease let this be true! I might have a chance of running into her then.

V.I.P.

Translation of the interview above.

-She spends more time in Kiev these days because she wants to spend more time with her family and she's more comfortable here. She's set some priorities for herself and at this stage she wants to be with her family.
-Was looking to get an appartment in Paris, then met her current husband and plans changed. Haven't discussed with husband about them both moving to Paris, but she thinks it'd be difficult for him there given that his business is in Ukraine and he doesn't speak French.
-Not pregnant. First times hears of the rumor. Planning on having children but not right now. "Whenever God allows it."
-When she stops modeling, not sure what she'll do. Plans on going to LA in September to enroll in film school. It's a secret what she'd like to play.
-At this point she hasn't had any movie offers, it's just her wish at this time. It's the first time that she has been able to think about what she'd like to do outside of modeling.
-Refused to say what she earns. She thinks it's wrong (to ask/discuss).
-Among designers, she really likes Frida (Gucci), thinks she's one of the most beautiful and stylish women. She doesn't need stylists, she does it all herself, picks models, etc. Respects her as a person because she's a great human being. New designers, she likes Alexander Wang. Likes his clothes. Likes Christopher (ex-Balmain), sad that he left Balmain. Likes Isabel Marant. She likes working with these people and respects them.
-Says there are designers that she doesn't like working with, but refuses to name them.
-Says she doesn't care if she opens/closes show or if she's in the middle because the pay is the same. Says she opened Dolce three times, and closed, opened Ungaro, Karl Lagerfeld, etc and her pay didn't change.
-From other models, she really likes Natalia Vodianova, Daria Werbowy, Kate Mos, Natasha Poly and Sasha Pivovarova.
-On her relationship with other models, says all those rumors about sabotage backstage and catty behavior is not true. When she first started, she couldn't communicate because she was shy and had a language barrier. Then once she learned the language, she made many friends and talks to all the girls regardless of their nationalities. Says she has many friends, including Jessica Stam, and tries to talk to everyone and be friendly.
-To achieve success in modeling, she thinks the most important thing is to be in the right place at the right time. Also needs patience, be hard working, be understanding, disciplined, be on-time, etc, a lot of different factors, but right place/right time is the most important.
-Tells a story about being in NY and going to casting for Meisel's assistant, then meeting Meisel and the rest is history.

Last edited by Psylocke; 03-05-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: edited out weight talk
03-05-2012
backstage pass

thank you MyNameIs..tbh i was waiting for your translation all day

i'm really curious with which designers she doesn't like working? i don't know why, but i think it could be Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella and Miucca..the first two are egocentric and miucca is really weird as well..sneja is always down to earth in her interview and i like that

Last edited by kostadinka; 03-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
03-05-2012
V.I.P.

^She must have had a falling out with Karl and Dolce/Gabbana. She used to always mention the Dolce duo (can't remember if Karl too) but not anymore. And of course she's not done their shows the last couple of seasons.

PS. Sorry couldn't translate it yesterday like I promised.

trendsetter

nice interview with Snejana and thank you for the translation MyNameIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostadinka View Post
thank you MyNameIs..tbh i was waiting for your translation all day

i'm really curious with which designers she doesn't like working? i don't know why, but i think it could be Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella and Miucca..the first two are egocentric and miucca is really weird as well..sneja is always down to earth in her interview and i like that
How can you presume it could be Karl, Donatella or Miuccia?? she didn't tell anything about it and you can't say statements such as "the first two are egocentric" "miuccia is really weird" because you don't even know them personally let's not build rumours seriously...

Last edited by Wickie; 03-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.
03-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ I think it's legit to say that. When I read it, I assumed it's the impression that kostadinka got from reading/viewing various sources about those designers actions and accounts from people who have met/know them, as well as interviews/footage from the designers themselves.

Off course, if you just read one article about Miucca claiming she was a weirdo and used that as the base of your claim, that would be silly but I tend to assume (or sometimes even know) that most TFS posters are very well immersed with the fashion world and know enough to make such an interpretation.

Last edited by Jenna16; 03-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.
03-05-2012
fashion icon

I think she's very professional in that interview. Good job Snej!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickie View Post
nice interview with Snejana and thank you for the translation MyNameIs

How can you presume it could be Karl, Donatella or Miuccia?? she didn't tell anything about it and you can't say statements such as "the first two are egocentric" "miuccia is really weird" because you don't even know them personally let's not build rumours seriously...
it's not just a rumor, it is a fact!..it's logical that models don't talk in their interviews (f.e models talk etc.) about designers in a bad way because of fear and i completely understand that, it's very clever but when they're ending with their career things are changing!! f.e. Karl said among other things: ˝I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion.˝ ˝I have no human feelings.˝ If you read his biography you will understand who is Karl outside of fashion. Besides of that some retired croatian topmodel which worked with him in a past said in her interview on croatian national tv that he's been really cold and distant person who treat his fav girls like a goddess (one of them was Natasa Vojnovic) and other girls like a ..donatella is very similar..about Snejana i definitely think she must have had a falling out with Karl and dolce & gabbana duo..and btw i didn't say ˝it's˝ - i said ˝It could be˝ - there is a big difference!! so no hard feeling

04-05-2012
backstage pass

Awesome translation !
I like how her point of view on opening/closing the show that the pay are all the say ! She got swag of her own ! You go Snej !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
onopka, snejana