How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2012
V.I.P.

Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank You

Snejana attended Miss Ukraine 2012 on Saturday in Kyiv.

gaganews.com.ua

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 04-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.

03-04-2012
V.I.P.

Two short interviews with Snejana, one video one just text (probably both from the Miss Ukraine event).

Video
http://hochu.ua/cat-stars/online-con...video/photo-1/
-Says she looked over the Miss Ukraine contenders on jetsetter.ua, but doesn't have a favorite because she's not a jury or a man (lol).
-As far as male beauty goes, she says her husband is the epitome of male beauty. Among all the famous men, her husband is the most beautiful.
-Generally speaking, she says a man has to live in harmony with himself. She was looking for a kind, honest and animal-loving man and she found exactly that. Plus she loves dark-haired men and her husband is exactly that.
-Asked about her personal beauty secrets, she says she has none, other than waking up, brushing teeth, washing the face. She also says her husband has thought her some exercise moves, like bench press and sit-ups (lol).

In another interview to Gazeta.ua.
-"I don't like dresses. Perhaps when I'm grown up, I'll start liking them. Sometimes an event calls for a dress, but I just can't put it on. Just can't. On the runway I wear one if the designer thinks I look good in it. Because I tell him/her, "No, lets wear a pair of jeans."
-"My husband really likes my style and he never asks me to change. But if he were to ask me to wear a dress, I would. I'm often reproached for my jeans and gray tops, but as Kat Moss says, jeans and jackets have not been excluded from fashion."
-"I typically wear American brands. Jeans take up about half of my wardrobe. I have about 200 pairs. Of course I have dresses, but there are less of them. [Dresses] are Balmain and Emilio Pucci."
-"Yes, I really like [diamonds]. Before I would purchase them myself, but now I have a husband and he gifts them to me. These massive ones that I wear often, are his wedding present [cost 75K euros].

fashion icon

She is just so honest. Love Snej for that!

front row

Quote:
I'm often reproached for my jeans and gray tops
LOL I love her so much ^^

04-04-2012
Mr. Magic

Quotable as ever since 2005™

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
04-04-2012
I don't know

She looks a bit like Taryn Manning with that eye make-up.. not a good look

04-04-2012
V.I.P.

well she would look divine with silver eye shadow..or some white pearly color
anyway she looks great and healthy and she's happy!

fashion insider

Since so much personal stuff from her comes up now - is there a home-story or something? I`d love to see her house & interior design style.

04-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic View Post
Since so much personal stuff from her comes up now - is there a home-story or something? I`d love to see her house & interior design style.
Not of which I'm aware. There was something way back when she first started out, iirc. It has been reported that she moved into her husband' s home after the marriage but no pictures of what it looks like.

BTW, in that interview I translated above where she talks about wearing a dress on the runway, it should read "I can't tell designers...".
Posted via Mobile Device

04-04-2012
fashion icon

Thank you so much for taking your time and translating so much recent interviews of Snejana,MyNameIs I really enjoy reading them

V.I.P.

Her interviews are the best, it's always a pleasure to read them.

backstage pass

her husband has to be animal-friendly...how cute is that? :p
i do love her interviews, too! thx, mynameis

07-04-2012
dream a little dream...

Haha yeah so cute and honest in interviews, I totally love her for her jeans and grey tee addiction!

fashion elite

I just watch and re-watch those videos were she's speaking ukrainian/russian, i just melt.
Thanks Mynameis.

V.I.P.

She has a small interview in today's edition of Gazeta.ua. Some of it I have already posted here (her love for jeans, dislike for dresses, etc). Here are the parts that haven't yet been posted.

-Didn't go to Milan, Paris or New York for shows because wanted to rest (I posted this before). But she also says that she only flew out for shoots for Vogue Paris and Vogue Japan. The way it's worded makes me think it was during the fashion week, in which case these aren't the eds we saw in the last editions of those magazines. Hopefully not, anyway.
-Says she started career at 15, but until 18 she couldn't get anything going. Then went to NY, lost passport, etc.
-She vacationed in Courchevel in February. Says she would've liked to go to the beach, but because of all the flying she did in the last seven years, she's not ready to fly 14 hours for Maldives or Seychelles.
-Says when she's done with modeling, she'll go to acting school. Doesn't want to open a modeling agency. Her mom says she'd be a good actress (lol).

Full article in Ukrainian here.
http://gazeta.ua/articles/people-new...-onopko/430872

ETA: The writer maintains Snejana gets 30+K euros for a runway appearance (consistent with other reports in Ukrainian press that she makes 50/70K dollars per appearance). But they also claim she's one of the ten richest models in the world, worth 20M, which I don't think is true, so who knows.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 11-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
onopka, snejana