How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

Absolutely stunning in Vogue UK.

The story was shot by Daniel Jackson.

(via Willy NY)

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

Sometimes her mouth seems a little tense... I like her vibe though.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Officially in love with this girl's looks, she's stunning! I am glad she's already booked Prada and Vogue UK in so little time, I can't wait to see more from her!

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Wow! A newcomer in Vogue UK

Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanvinray View Post
Wow! A newcomer in Vogue UK
Yeah! So neat! But I wish it wouldn't look like a poor man's Freja rip-off. I really liked some of Sojourner pics posted before, why can't photographers and stylists be inspired for once? She is herself on natural pics, they could use this singular look for other puproses than bland stuff.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

^Your point is valid.... quite sad that creative proccesses are limited to 'hipster-ish coolness', 'sex on the seaside' or pseudo artistical Hedi Slimane rip offs with models wearing cow horns on their heads... But how should Daniel Jackson and his colleagues do better with so much time pressure? I guess ideas are there, but shooting/styling like 4 editorials each month + rescrictions from the magazines editors limit the entire processing.
Timing and editors are the biggest facor... I don't blame photographers and stylist, see how much better some of the mainstream photographers and especially stylists do for some of the non-vogue magazines that don't publish monthly like 032c.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 02-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.
02-08-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
^Your point is valid.... quite sad that creative proccesses are limited to 'hipster-ish coolness', 'sex on the seaside' or pseudo artistical Hedi Slimane rip offs with models wearing cow horns on their heads... But how should Daniel Jackson and his colleagues do better with so much time pressure? I guess ideas are there, but shooting/styling like 4 editorials each month + rescrictions from the magazines editors limit the entire processing.
Timing and editors are the biggest facor... I don't blame photographers and stylist, see how much better some of the mainstream photographers and especially stylists do for some of the non-vogue magazines that don't publish monthly like 032c.
Yours is valid too and I'm tempted to say unfortunately, when it comes to creativity being literally flushed down to the toilets by this neverending rush. I understand well it's all business of selling clothes but creativity sells sometimes more than sex and the businessmen&women of our dear fashion should remember this well. It's a harder way but if you hire talented guys it works fine most of times.
Also true about 032c and others of that kind. Though, I'm still begging for something interesting to hit Vogue again. Like this summery editorial with Lily Cole in India (Vogue UK, circa 2005) by Tim Walker. Was very Vogue but not uninspired as most we see currently.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

Strong statement for a newcomer to get such a publication at once. But a bit monotonous?
Both style- and expression-wise.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

More from Vogue UK September 2011

disneyrollergirl.net/uk-september-vogue/

Umm, so after reading that model profile I'm starting to wonder if she's from some sort of a aristocratic background or something? The Spanish Riding School thing, her going to school in Switzerland & NY, playing viola & painting, inheriting Hermès scarves...it all sounds like she's coming from a good and wealthy family, no? Or she's just a "Wunderkind"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sojourner-Morrell.jpg (198.2 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by youarearockstar; 04-08-2011 at 09:53 AM.
04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah it seems like it.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Cake Magazine Issue #4

cake-mag.com

25-08-2011
front row

There's an outtake of her at Sans. http://sansartifice.com/2011/08/outtakes-sojourner/

I like her face, there's an elegant air to her features. A bit like an Old World portrait, but more expressive.

31-08-2011
V.I.P.

models

08-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Not a fan, but for those of you who are, looks like she'll be at Proenza as they just tweeted a picture of her at their casting:

twitter.com/proenzaschouler

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Would be a good match. Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
morrell, sojourner