How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2010
V.I.P.

Stephanie Cherry
Very cute new face with Chic Australia

Height: 5'11
Bust: 32
Waist: 24
Hips: 34

chicmanagement.com.au

05-02-2010
V.I.P.

gorgeous~~

backstage pass

she is more than georgous !!

Just keep running...

Beautiful in the first; commercial all the way in the rest. Would like to see her done up for some decent HF test shots rather than in Shop Til You Drop style ed pics!

27-04-2010
V.I.P.

Harper's Bazaar Australia June/July 2010

Source: twitter/BAZAARAustralia

27-04-2010
goodbye kiss

Harper's Bazaar Australia June/July 2010 by Simon Lekias
HQ Newsstand Cover

sassisamblog via birdyandme

01-05-2010
scenester

Beautiful shot the cover - looking forward to issue coming out. Saw some photos of her on the Chic Management site. In the first post on this page, 3rd photo down she looks like a young Katie Holmes. Does anyone else see it?

03-05-2010
V.I.P.

Lisa Ho S/S 10.11 RAFW

Vogue.com.au

V.I.P.

Seventh Wonderland S/S 10.11

vogue.com.au

V.I.P.

I'm not quite sure if I like her look... maybe i'm crazy but she sort of reminds me of Lara Bingle, which isn't a good thing (except stephanie's prettier).

Little Joe S/S 10.11
backstage

Last edited by *Bianca*; 04-05-2010 at 03:19 AM.
04-05-2010
V.I.P.

She looks great in the blue jacket, her eyes just pop!

Thanks for your posts Bianca

05-05-2010
windowshopping

Does anyone know who the girl is with Stephanie in the first picture in post #10?

05-05-2010
V.I.P.

Juliana Forge

V.I.P.

soo pretty.

MODELS are often dismissed as glorified coathangers. But these Bambi-legged creatures replete with exquisite bone structure are so genetically blessed they can command more money during a brief career than their parents can hope to earn in a lifetime.

At first, cash flow is a trickle for debutantes.

New faces can expect to be paid about $300 a catwalk appearance. A return season can bring $500 a show. Established Australian models who flit from New York to Paris and back demand about $1000 a show - much less than the $10,000 a day Linda Evangelista once demanded to get out of bed. But if a career is ignited it can mean earning millions a year.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Australian Fashion Week will see 200 young hopefuls hit the runways from Monday.

Next week: Live coverage of fashion shows and picture portfolios of the latest looks on the catwalk.

And they will parade inspired by the knowledge that Australian models sometimes set the fashion world on fire.

Gunnedah-raised Miranda Kerr is a million-dollar face whose steady cash flow comes courtesy of David Jones and Victoria's Secret contracts.

Abbey Lee Kershaw from Melbourne has starred in advertising campaigns for Chanel and Gucci, collecting an estimated $200,000 from each fashion house.

Right now the buzz surrounds several Australian models on the Fashion Week catwalk including Sarah Pauley, Greta Chesterman, Lauren Brown, and Bambi (aka Stephanie Northwood-Blyth).

Some of them have already been booked for advertising campaigns, international catwalk appearances and magazine cover shoots.

Julia Nobis, 17, was discovered while shopping at Bondi Junction. In February she was booked exclusively by Calvin Klein for its New York show.

Also on fashion's radar are the Melbourne beauty Juliana Forge, 18, who features in a new campaign for Ralph Lauren, and Samantha Harris, 19, who is featured on the latest cover of Vogue Australia.

Stephanie Cherry, 17, from Penrith, started out as a child model but makes her catwalk debut this week.

This year's Fashion Week has attracted talent from Cairns to Narrabri and overseas. But despite the apparent glamour, it can be a ruthless business.

For Ksubi's show on Friday 120 models auditoned, but only 30 were cast. For Jayson Brunsdon's show on Wednesday, 70 aspirants were culled to 25.

"It can be a ****ty life if you're not amazing [looking]. You have to be thick-skinned," said Nicole Bonython-Hines, stylist for the Brunsdon show.

Kannon Rajah, a New York-based casting director who has worked with Fendi, Donna Karan and Oscar de la Renta, cast the Ksubi show. His checklist is long: body proportions, skin tone, hair, face structure, walk, attitude, personality and an X-factor.

"There's got to be freshness and coolness about them. When the right girl comes along, you know. I liken models to athletes. They have to work hard, be dedicated and be mentally and physically focused to do well. It's not just about being a pretty face,'' he says.

Like athletes, models do train.

Model agencies have regular catwalk sessions with senior models taking rookies under their wings.

Chadwick agency's Mink Sadowsky, a former international model, knows what it is like to start out.

"The fact is some girls are natural walkers and other are not, so we train them up."

http://www.smh.com.au/

08-05-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
I'm not quite sure if I like her look... maybe i'm crazy but she sort of reminds me of Lara Bingle, which isn't a good thing (except stephanie's prettier).
I keep going back and forth with her. Sometimes she looks quite amazing on the runway, especially with the way her bright, piercing blue eyes stand out. Other times, depending on the angle of the pic, I'm not as impressed.

Will be interesting to see if she goes for the international catwalks. Does she have representation anywhere else yet?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cherry, stephanie