How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-03-2006
front row

omg^gorgeous pictures.she was great!

30-03-2006
scenester

Stephanie - Versace ad

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Love Stephanie,out of all the associated VS models she is among the few that I really like b/c she can really model. Photo Credits:Elgort,Ritts,scanned by me,D'orazio & Avedon

30-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIFAN9
Love Stephanie,out of all the associated VS models she is among the few that I really like b/c she can really model. Photo Credits:Elgort,Ritts,scanned by me,D'orazio & Avedon
OK Stephanie can model - I love Stephanie - but - excuse me - I, think, so could some other stars of the VSC, like Yasmeen Ghauri, Karen Mulder, Elsa Benitez (yes, dear exquisite Elsa ,including being the D&G muse back around 98 - she did plenty of runway and had real class - class to spare, maybe even too much for mere modeling - too bad she sold out to SI), Eugenia Silva, Isabeli Fontana, Gisele (?!?!) Karolina Kourkova etc, and how about new girls like Izabel Goulart, Nicola Trunfio, etc. And can you blame them? What's better: being constantly jet-lagged running all around the world doing shows, or just doing a couple of VSC photo shoots a year and being handed a check for a million dollars. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. Let's face it: models are models. They're not actresses or ballerinas. Simply by being born more beautiful than just about anyone else was 90% of the job. Strutting down a runway in no way can be compared to dancing the lead in Swan Lake, or playing Lady Macbeth or Hedda Gabler!

P.S.: This is a comprehensive Fashion web-site, As such, some drone has got to document VSC hsitory! It's only the two ton elephant sitting in the middle of your living-room that you'd like to ignore.

Last edited by capt_bob; 30-03-2006 at 07:55 PM.

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

I'm not talking about you, so don't take it personal. The older VS girls are good Helena,Karen,Elsa and some others but there is a difference in modeling. VS has gone way down IMO since the mid/late 90s. Speaking of money I had a roommate in college who stripped to pay her tuition SURE SHE MADE MORE MONEY THAN ME who just worked at the bookstore. Are we the same, can she do that kind of work forever(NO), who is got looked at better(ME), is she better or just as good as me b/c of how she paid for school?! That's the way I look at the whole thing, most do too. That's why alot of this kinda work is forgettable.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 30-03-2006 at 07:58 PM.

30-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
OK Stephanie can model - but - excuse me - I, think, so could some other stars of the VSC, like Yasmeen Ghauri, Karen Mulder, Elsa Benitez (yes, dear exquisite Elsa ,including being the D&G muse back around 98 - she did plenty of runway and had real class to spare, maybe even too much for mere modeling - too bad she sold out to SI), Eugenia Silva, Isabeli Fontana, Gisele (?!?!) Karolina Kourkova etc, and how about new girls like Izabel Goulart, Nicola Trunfio, etc. And can you blame them? What's better: being constantly jet-lagged running all around the world doing shows, or just doing a couple of VSC photo shoots a year and being handed a check for a million dollars. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. Let's face it: models are models. They're not actresses or ballerinas. Simply by being born more beautiful than just about anyone else was 90% of the job. Strutting down a runway in no way can be compared to dancing the lead in Swan Lake!

30-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
I'm not talking about you, so don't take it personal. The older VS girls are good Helena,Karen,Elsa and some others but there is a difference in modeling. VS has gone way down IMO since the mid/late 90s. Speaking of money I had a roommate in college who stripped to pay her tuition SURE SHE MADE MORE MONEY THAN ME who just worked at the bookstore. Are we the same, can she do that kind of work forever(NO), who is got looked at better(ME), is she better or just as good as me b/c of how she paid for school?! That's the way I look at the whole thing, most do too. That's why alot of this kinda work is forgettable.
Hey OK OMIFAN9: you're great - I love you ! I didn't take it personally!!! I was just trying to make a point. And yes, 90% of the VSC photography is routine - the models' poses are all the same. I know that! And a lot - not all - are mere swim suit/underware models (although I'm not sure where Alessandra or Adriana fit in here - they are just soooo big & soooo hot you need an entirely seperate category just for those two!) But, weather it's VSC, or Target, or Newport News, or Wallmart, or... these catalogs and box stores are probably selling 90% of all women's clothes in America!!!

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Yeah, okay! I know that your a guy so I will let this go. But to make a long story short Steph,Yasmeen,Karen,Helena,etc are more than just the typical VS girls. So what I said was a compliment to those few girls, who are bigger than this panty brand. So if you don't mind I might pop back to this thread from time to time with some photos that aren't VS(I see you post them everywhere on the boards) b/c she is one of the few with a more 'serious' if you will, modeling side. Thus not making her one dimensional. No love lost although I see you don't post fashion stuff. But I'm not mad, so don't be mad since I'm not posting VS:p! It's a balance.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 30-03-2006 at 08:41 PM.

30-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Yeah, okay! I know that your a guy so I will let this go. But to make a long story short Steph,Yasmeen,Karen,Helena,etc are more than just the typical VS girls. So what I said was a compliment to those few girls, who are bigger than this panty brand. So if you don't mind I might pop back to this thread from time to time with some photos that aren't VS(I see you post them everywhere on the boards) b/c she is one of the few with a more 'serious' if you will, modeling side. Thus not making her one dimensional. No love lost although I see you don't post fashion stuff. But I'm not mad, so don't be mad since I'm not posting VS:p! It's a balance.
Hey I've posted tons of runway & fashion 'zine editorials to the Elsa Benitez (OK I want to keep the memory of Elsa alive- so shoot me! ) and Yasmeen Ghauri threads. And there's more. I've a huge backlog of scans other than VSC. Please don't write me off as a "guy" VSC Johnny-One-Note!

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bob
Hey I've posted tons of runway & fashion 'zine editorials to the Elsa Benitez (OK I want to keep the memory of Elsa alive- so shoot me! ) and Yasmeen Ghauri threads. And there's more. I've a huge backlog of scans other than VSC. Please don't write me off as a "guy" VSC Johnny-One-Note!
I was kinda joking, but I haven't seen the Yasmeen or Elsa threads in awhile. So I don't think I've seen otherwise. Either way I believe you! But I think there should be a balance. See I've seen only VS stuff here. If you don't mind I would love to post for Stephanie?!

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 30-03-2006 at 09:05 PM.

30-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
I was kinda joking, but I haven't seen the Yasmeen or Elsa threads in awhile. So I don't think I've seen otherwise. Either way I believe you! But I think there should be a balance. See I've seen only VS stuff here. If you don't mind I would love to post for Stephanie?!
By all means - the more Stephanie - the better ! Ciao e buona notte!

Last edited by capt_bob; 30-03-2006 at 09:15 PM.

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bob
By all means - the more Stephanie - the better ! Ciao e bonna notte!
Well, I guess so! I don't think I've been able to mention that Steph is in my Top 10 of fav models ever, during this whole thing.

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

From a 1992 Vogue layout. Photo Credit:Herb Ritts

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Ohmigod. Amazing photos. Thank you. I love Steph so much!

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
If you don't mind I would love to post for Stephanie?!
The more editorials the better!!!! I love editorials and I really appreciate all the pictures you post for TFS. Karma for you! You're great!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2013, april, february, seymour, stephanie