How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-04-2015
Automated Thread Manager

Sun Feifei
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

18-04-2015
V.I.P.

Sun Feifei
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you.

Proenza Schouler FW13 Vogue/CFDA Americans in China show and after party

bfanyc

18-04-2015
fashion icon

'Go East' is fantastic editorial, the range throughout the shoot is a true testament to Fei Fei skill as a model. The last image particularly gives slight goose bumps. I hope Meisel continues to use Fei Fei throughout the year.

18-04-2015
fashion icon

Quote:
6 Chinese Models Share Their Hometown Beauty Secrets: From Egg-White Face Masks to Peach-Blossom Nails
APRIL 17, 2015 3:04 PM
by LAURA REGENSDORF

Next month, when the parade of Met Gala attendees streams through the latest Costume Institute exhibition, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” they will be met with a visual feast that spans centuries and continents. A slinky one-shoulder dress by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent calls to mind a Qing Dynasty court robe; a voluminous Roberto Cavalli design reinterprets blue-and-white porcelain. Of course, China has supplied the fashion world with more than just inspiration: An increasing number of today’s most sought-after models call the country home. With that in mind, we tracked down six runway favorites, from all-star Liu Wen to newcomer Luping Wang, to talk about local beauty traditions and the skin-care lessons passed down from mothers and grandmothers.

FEI FEI SUN

With her regal cheekbones and wide-set eyes, the 26-year-old has become a regular in the pages of Vogue and appeared on the magazine’s cover this past September alongside her fellow Instagirls. Hailing from Weifang, in Shangdong Province, the model has logged miles on the runways (including Chanel, Givenchy, and Alexander Wang) and on the streets of Manhattan, her adopted hometown.

What’s your first childhood beauty memory?
My mother’s red lips and her curly hair—when I was six years old, she would bring me to the hairdresser.

Any local beauty habits you observed at home?
My mother often told me to apply sunscreen before I went outside in the summer. She was insistent upon it, even on days when the sunshine wasn’t so strong.

What hometown health or wellness rituals do you miss?
Healthy eating was emphasized because my parents love vegetables so much. We ate light meals prepared with less salt and oil. My mother cooked red date soup for me once a week, with walnuts, brown sugar, goji, longan meat, and red bean. My hometown has a tradition of cooking this soup because it’s really good for skin and health.

Can you define the Chinese beauty ideal?
Smooth skin, beautiful bright eyes, and a feminine smile.

Who is your beauty icon?
I have always looked up to my mother; family is very important to me. Outside of our home, I looked up to Gong Li. She’s such a beautiful woman!
vogue

tfs star

Gagging on those Go East shots! My fave is the one in the purple gaultier dress. It's so In The Mood For Love.

19-04-2015
tfs star

She's in Iceland for something! I hope its for some future work or a campaign!

Last edited by FND74; 19-04-2015 at 05:16 AM.
19-04-2015
fashion icon

^ Oh that's exciting, Iceland is one of my favourite locations for shoots. Hoepfully its for work! -- And that jacket!

19-04-2015
V.I.P.

So amazing to see her get that kind of treatment by Meisel in US Vogue. I also loved that OG ed she had by Lindbergh.

20-04-2015
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
So amazing to see her get that kind of treatment by Meisel in US Vogue. I also loved that OG ed she had by Lindbergh.
Yep that shoot was very cinematic. I love it. Kudos to Vogue for giving her 2 OG multipage editorials to date. She is the first asian model I believe to get that privilege for Vogue US. She is going from strength to strength.

21-04-2015
fashion insider

fei fei rules. "go east" will easily be one of my favorite editorials of the year.

fashion insider

US Vogue May 2015
Fei Fei by Steven Meisel
----------------------------
"GO EAST" in UHQ

photocouture-show.com

V.I.P.

^This ed is everything!!!

22-04-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
FND7 say:

Ive a question to any of you guys who might be from China. I hardly see Fei Fei do any local magazines or even local campaigns. Some of her local work had been shot in the U.S. Is it because she's mostly in New York or she's too expensive or she's not what people like in China?

You know that's a good question. It seems Fei Fei indeed doesn't do as much if any domestic work besides VC...

Personally and hypothetically speaking I think Women and Fei Fei are just that exclusive - not all but mostly - or in the sense they are molding a niche for her. Think western publications and advertisers. Just a hunch.

Also this comes to my next point. Now that Liu Wen has seemingly transitioned (sadly), Fei Fei is thus carrying that torch.
As we have seen from her early career, she was most definitely groomed to be the next icon. Her recent Vogue US editorial is a clear testament to her talent and status as a model.

This is just too exciting. Really hope an OG blue-chip ad campaign comes her way (and more of course!).

fashion icon

Blurred Lines: US Vogue May 2015

Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Make-Up: Yadim
Hair: Shay Ashual

*storemags.com via Melancholybaby

23-04-2015
V.I.P.

"Go East" for US Vogue May 2015

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Grace Coddington