How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-05-2012
tfs star

Her precense is amazing in that shoot! Quite a different from Constance, imo. And her body looks so strong and gorgeous.

07-05-2012
fashion icon

Honestly I feel like Suvi outshines Constance and I'm not saying it cause I'm biased, I love both girls. Constance is too delicate imo.

07-05-2012
tfs star

^Yeah, I love Constance, too, but in this particular shoot she is undeniably the backround girl.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

She will be at the Costume Institute Gala! (according to her Twitter)

08-05-2012
fashion icon

Suvi was looking absolutely gorgeous last night.

08-05-2012
tfs star

Where could I find pics from?

08-05-2012
fashion icon

I think there's any pics now. But she was wearing a beautiful red dress by Chloé.

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

^here's a picture from her twitter

the fact she's wearing Chloe confirms her shoot with Anja was probably the Chloe campaign

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Absolutely stunning.

08-05-2012
fashion icon

Totally yes. She screams Chloé to me. Perfect match, isnt it?

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

another picture

vogue.it

08-05-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
CHLOÉ DOES THE MET BALL; CLARE WAIGHT KELLER
Creative Director. Chloé. New York

When we got an impromptu call from our friends at KCD we quickly booked our plane tickets and hopped on the first flight to N.Y.C. The plan? Follow Chloé’s creative director, Clare Waight Keller, around for a day as she—along with her two dates, models Suvi Koponen and Bonnie Chen—prepped for the Met Ball. Joining the iconic brand just last year after leaving Pringle of Scotland, Clare had some big shoes to fill: her predecessors include HannahMacGibbon, along with Stella McCartney—and how could we forget Karl Lagerfeld? We caught up with Clare, Suvi, Bonnie, a slew of hair/makeup peeps, and our KCD crew—with a few surprise guest appearances (uh… Heidi Mount!)—at The Carlyle on Monday morning. The day started off with fittings for Suvi and Bonnie—Suvi in a red, one-shoulder number from the F/W '12 collection and Bonnie in an adapted, all-lace ensemble—before breaking for brunch. Between call times, we caught up with some future Covs (we can’t name names!) and fashion legends in the hotel: Tom Ford, Diane Kruger, Jessica Biel, Milla Jovovich, Charlotte Olympia, Christopher Kane, Stella McCartney, Liv Tyler, Jennifer Meyer, Shailene Woodley, and of course, the woman of the hour, Mrs. Miuccia Prada. We even ran into some Cov alums, including Rachel Zoe (we all know who she dressed), Adir Abergel—who was in town to do Kristen Stewart and Gwyneth Paltrow’s hair—and Estee Stanley. We reconvened with the Chloé crew, documented the hair and makeup transformation, and then Coveteur’d the contents of Clare’s suitcase before gathering Clare and the girls up for a mini photoshoot on the veranda. And being the voyeurs we are, we couldn’t miss the op to get in on the limo ride to the Met. Call us biased, but Clare and the girls were definitely on our best dressed list.
Quote:
This the first time I’m going to the Met Ball. I’m nervous and excited. It's kind of like I’m having a baby. I don’t really know what to expect! I think it’s going to be fun. I try not to think about it too much because if I set the expectations too high, I’m going to be disappointed. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
I have like fifty lip balms because my lips get really dry. I try to switch it up and I feel like if you use one product too much it just kind of plateaus. I get bored with things that I used a lot. I’m an Aries: I get bored with everything really quickly. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
I always pack warm socks for the airplane so that I can stay warm; one time I forgot them and got really sick. I try to bring a neck pillow so I can get my beauty sleep. I usually pack my jump rope so I can do some kind of exercise—unless I’m in London, because the hotel rooms are too small; you can never jump rope there. I worked out this morning. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
I’m looking forward to the whole feel of it—it’s such a big deal. You hear people talk about it all the time, so it’s going to be cool to see it from my point of view. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
The dress is gorgeous; I love red. I trust all the clothes that Clare and the team at Chloé design. Chloé is so wearable: It’s cool and the quality of the fabrics is awesome. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
I’m not nervous now, but I’ll probably be more nervous closer to the time. I try not to think about it. I’m a little bit older now, so there’s not much to be nervous about. I’m not afraid of falling. I’m more nervous about runway shows, because it’s really that one moment that you have. The Met is different: nobody is telling me to walk at a certain pace or anything—it’s natural. - Suvi Koponen
Quote:
Suviis really the ultimate Chloé girl —and Bonnie, too, in a totally different way. That’s what I liked about the choice of those two: they’re so beautiful, but they’re completely from other sides of the world. In their own way they both embody the Chloé girl. They’re gorgeous with relaxed style, and they’re the kind of girls you want to be. Suvi’s in our current campaign, which is coming out next January. Bonnie is a fabulous face from Asia. She just is really beautiful and looks fantastic in the clothes. They’re both lovely! - Clare Waight Keller
-thecoveteur.com

Last edited by Bezimienna; 08-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.

08-05-2012
fashion icon

-thecoveteur.com

08-05-2012
tfs star

She looks so beautiful. And truly gets better when she ages
Red is her colour and I love how natural she kept the make-up and hair.

Thanks for posting all these, Bezimienna! I can't give you karma, but I'll give you a flower bouquet-smiley

Last edited by Darling_Myy; 08-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.

09-05-2012
tfs star

Oh my goodness, what a look! The dress is perfect on her, hair and make up are just spot on and so happy to hear she really snabbed Chloe campaign!

I gave karma for you, Bezimienna, and thanks again your contributes in Suvi`s thread.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, april, koponen, march, suvi