How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-07-2010
front row

I didn't buy it just yet, I'm going to france next week and will get it for cheaper there. If it hasn't been posted by then I'll do it.

21-07-2010
tfs star

She is on the cover of Finnish Elle (August), though it is a reprint from French Elle. There is an interview, I can translate it later, once I`ll read it. Just bought the mag. The headline is "I`ve got everything I wanted". I hope she tells little about her plans there

21-07-2010
oh! darling

^ Hey, that's really exciting! "I've Got Everything I Wanted." Maybe it has something to do with her boyfriend. I really look forward to the interview TommyGirl.

21-07-2010
tfs star

Oh I soooo cannot wait for the interview!!

21-07-2010
tfs star

Nah, the interview was boooring, actually I am not even sure if they really interviewed her, there is only few quotes. The rest of it we know already.

First they repeat "her story", how she won the Model school, Prada debut, blah blah blah.. Then there is a quote from Sophie Lamarre, casting director of French Elle: " Suvi is really present in every shot. She can move amazingly, and her eyes speak to the camera.".

She also says that she doesn`t care what is her spot in MDC`s rankings. She also talks about her break in 2009, how she felt she needed it and such. She mentions the numerous suicides in fashion industry lately. She wishes everyone would take a break before work pressures take over.

Now she chooses her work projects carefully, and does only what she is really interested in. One of those projects is Rock Revival jeans-campaign.

She talks about her tattoos, there are seven of them!! The word "Imported" on her chest, the name of her best friend on her wrist (Cat, isn`t it?), and number 5 on her back, the rest are on her feet, hands and neck. She says that tattoos are ok in the business, and "as long as I am happy with my looks and my economy is fine, I don`t care what others think."

Suvi mentions how people underestimate the intelligence of models, and she emphasizes that she decides about her own body and business. She thinks, that fashion industry is not abusive for young girls, at least for her, and thinks it is good place to work.

She mentions how she enjoyed Purple shoot (with Hanne), and how she always tries to have fun in shoots. In the end she says she`s still grateful for Miuccia Prada for taking her in Prada show, where everything started. She is also planning her future, but doesn`t know yet what is her field. It would be "dream come true if I could make something good in this world."

Oh yeah, and "I´ve got everything I wanted" was just referring to her achievements in modelling, campaigns and shows. That is pretty much it.

edit: there is also an ed inside, but I do not have a scanner.

Last edited by TommyGirl; 21-07-2010 at 12:30 PM.

21-07-2010
tfs star

Well I figured she was just choosing to do things she was interested in so it's good that Suvi cleared that up for us.

Thanks for posting it!

22-07-2010
oh! darling

Thank you TommyGirl. That was a pleasure to read over.

Is she no longer with Supreme?

22-07-2010
tfs star

No, she and Meghan Collison both switched to Next months ago.

02-08-2010
V.I.P.

Vogue UK September 2010.
Quote:
Perfect Pitch
Model: Suvi Koponen
Fashion editor: Lucinda Chambers
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Review by Chanelcouture09.

02-08-2010
V.I.P.

^ Oh my a Vogue UK spread? THAT'S what I call exciting news Can't wait to see it!

02-08-2010
tfs star

Oh my God!! I hope the editorial is amazing! This is such excellent news!!!

05-08-2010
V.I.P.

Perfect Pitch
Model: Suvi Koponen
Fashion editor: Lucinda Chambers
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

Scans by honeycombchild

05-08-2010
fashion icon

she looks funny in ed is great

05-08-2010
V.I.P.

Aw, now this is what I have missed Suvi always manages to strike in print Thanks for sharing these shots! Adoring each one of them.

05-08-2010
tfs star

The sophistication in those shots is reminiscent of Suvi for Calvin Klein
That and she's such a great poser.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, april, koponen, march, suvi