How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
I adore Tanya, the elfin era it's totally over.
Ditto on both of the above comments in the sentence. Am also interested in details about the claim above of "bad career choices".

I believe her current lack of HF work has more to do with her amazing--but very unique elfin--look than anything else. Designer booker preferences, trends and so on change every season, of course. Tanya has a very strong look that doesn't appear to be one that can easily adapt to those changes. Unfortunately unlike models that have continued to remain on top and in demand for years.

Being positive, though, here is hoping she can come back after the downturn like Frankie Rayder (years ago), Lara Stone & Bette Franke (currently, among others) have done and be on top once again .

Last edited by Zimdor; 08-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.

08-07-2012
fashion insider

imo the problem is there that she did too much when she was young she use to be everywhere the industry got tired of her that`s it I still hope she`ll come back big time but...

08-07-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4etozavsi4ko View Post
imo the problem is there that she did too much when she was young she use to be everywhere the industry got tired of her that`s it I still hope she`ll come back big time but...

i don't know if she was really 'everywhere', not to the degree that freja was a year or so ago at least. karlie kloss is everywhere, has been for a while and is only getting more and more successful so perhaps tanya's look was too specific with the trend at the time at which she made it big, and the industry is simply on to the next phase?

08-07-2012
front row

I don't know about her look being out? I don't think her walk will ever be out. Maybe designers just arnt used to her working again and had other models in mind for jobs because of her previous absence in the fashion world? She didnt disappear entirely but we havent seen much of her in the last two years or so. With the right styling I think she is very versatile, and can easily be a model who is outside of the "elfin" label. I wonder if she just grew tired of modeling or wanted to pursue something else?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by thinkbelove; 08-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.

08-07-2012
rising star

^^ #738 my thoughts exactly regarding her look not being what the industry wants currently. But here's hoping she comes back regardless .

As you and others noted, "doing too much early" I really don't think has much to do with it. If that was the case, it doesn't explain Karlie, Lindsey Wixon and so on.

Speaking of management...look to get booked for VS maybe? Brazil & Spain fashion weeks next year?

If you go too far down the rung such as, say, low-end catalog work, it can be hard to rebound. But a place to get work that still will give the opportunity to get back into HF may be an option.

Last edited by Zimdor; 08-07-2012 at 11:27 PM.

09-07-2012
front row

I think it'd be fine if she ended her career now. I mean, she's gotten to travel all over the world, meet all sorts of people, experience lots of cool things, and make a lot of money, and she's only twenty-one years old. She could go to school now and start building for the rest of her life with (Hopefully.) no concerns about finances and with all manner of wonderful memories and experiences. I don't think anyone could complain about that.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ But Tanya herself has said many times that she always dreamt about becoming a model and that's what she loves to do so I doubt she'd end her career right now, even if she's not doing much these days.

09-07-2012
backstage pass

I love Tanya... but I'm not naive enough to think that her look not being 'in' anymore is the only factor as to why she isn't working (as much) anymore
Trends come and go and so do models but there are always girls who are 'leftover' from their look that stick around and have long careers (see; Sasha, Stam, Wixson, etc) because they are good models and have great personalities and are consistent in their work
And this industry isn't very loyal.. we've seen it happen countless times before.. if a model tries to relaunch her career and fails more than once clients lose interest quickly, and once one important person loses interest it sort of spirals downwards from there..
Personally,I feel like Tanya was too young when she started but who knows what her career would have been like if she started now or even a couple of years ago. It's not like she's accomplished nothing.. if she quit now her career would still be considered successful albeit shortlived.. I still hope she will make her comeback and we'll see her stomping down the Versace runway haha

10-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
i don't know if she was really 'everywhere', not to the degree that freja was a year or so ago at least. karlie kloss is everywhere, has been for a while and is only getting more and more successful so perhaps tanya's look was too specific with the trend at the time at which she made it big, and the industry is simply on to the next phase?
probably but can`t she make a come back I mean like it was before true freja use to be everywhere.Tanya`s look is specific that`s why she become so famous at the time but the industry got tired of her- too bad I am not

10-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowsofculloden View Post
I love Tanya... but I'm not naive enough to think that her look not being 'in' anymore is the only factor as to why she isn't working (as much) anymore

Trends come and go and so do models but there are always girls who are 'leftover' from their look that stick around and have long careers (see; Sasha, Stam, Wixson, etc) because they are good models and have great personalities and are consistent in their work
Look is not the only reason, but I suspect its the primary one. And not because I'm naive .

Tanya is both a very good model and has a great personality from what I've seen. Consistency in work was great...at the start of her career. So why hasn't she been able to stick around (in frequency of major shows & editorials) and have a long, consistent career similar to those other models you listed?

Besides possible management problems, her look is the only other reason I can see. Anyway, still hope she comes back strong next season .

14-07-2012
front row

Is this Tanya in an Ed for belleza from January 2010?
http://www.myfdb.com/editorials/5884...a-january-2010
Posted via Mobile Device

14-07-2012
V.I.P.

Yes, that's her.

24-07-2012
tfs star

Since there's nothing new about Tanya, here's a gif. :p

Source: premicesfilms.tumblr.com

29-07-2012
fashion elite

HQ