How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-12-2012
fashion icon

I thought she would become a main girl of victoria's secret when they announced she as an officially angel.

28-12-2012
fashion elite

She should be an angel oh well, VS likes what they like & she did close the show
Posted via Mobile Device

29-12-2012
fashion insider

she was never officially named an angel though. vs referred to her as an angel in a tweet but took it back the next day.

she is number 3 in fashionista.com's "Vogue Top Model for 2012" after karlie and arizona.
the text says:

Quote:
Speaking of meteoric rises… Despite the fact that Toni has been in the modeling game for about five years now, she has barely registered a blip on the Vogue radar, at least until now. And what a way to debut! Toni owes her success to significant appearances in Vogue Italia, Japan, Paris, Spain and her native Germany.
it never crossed my mind that her success in vogue only started in 2012. i don't think she 'has barely registered a blip on the vogue radar', but it's true that 2012 has been full of appearances in different vogue editions. and the ranking seems to be based on each girl's number of pages, number of different editions and probably covers (don't know for sure), so it's not just out of the blue, even though toni owes her rank to vogue spain and germany for sure.
hope she will be ranked even higher in 2013!

Last edited by sore; 29-12-2012 at 09:59 AM.

30-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetz View Post
"artsy crap" is what makes those pictures interesting, strong and nice to look at. VS, H&M, Zara are just boring, both the clothes and the pictures. i'm really not a fan of boring photography and kind of hate the cheap vs or h&m shoots of the girls.
You could compare it to plain product photography, of a beer bottle or a screw. Nothing creative about it.
The definition of 'boring' is not universal. Not everyone likes to scrutinize every aspect of a picture. I don't think a person walking on the street cares about the lighting, the brand, the photographer who shot it, they just see a picture and I'm sure the conventionally appealing H&M and Zara shots capture more attention than some high end brands.

Last edited by Maximilian S; 30-12-2012 at 07:41 AM.

30-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
she was never officially named an angel though. vs referred to her as an angel in a tweet but took it back the next day.
Why did they do that?

30-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Why did they do that?
i don't know.
toni did the dream angels bra campaign with erin and lindsay. when vs first announced this, they called her a 'new angel'

Quote:
Hey, NYC! @ErinHeatherton, @LindzEllingson + new Angel @RealToniGarrn will be at SoHo VS on 4/17, 6-8PM! Who's going?
twitter vs

then a day or so later they just called her a 'new face' and took the above tweet off their twitter page:

Quote:
Want the scoop on new face @RealToniGarrn? Check it out: http://www.modelinia.com/blog/is-ton...et-angel/36093
a few days later, models.com tweeted:
Quote:
"Toni is the star of the latest @VictoriasSecret ads, not yet an angel - can we petition for Toni to get her wings? #WeLoveToni"
according to the vs thread here on tfs, something similar happened when erin, lindsay and candice were announced angels. they called them angels first, then took down the post again. i don't know if they think they can raise more attention (i.e. gossip) by doing this or if it was really just a mistake by the person who is responsible for vs' twitter account in toni's case.
she's clearly not all over the place as erin or candice were when they became angels. the only big vs deal she had was the dream angels bra where she was on big billboards and appeared in a tv spot. since then, she did solid catalogue work and closed the vs show - which is pretty major again I think.
i'm really curious to see where this is going.

30-12-2012
fashion insider

^ Thanks for the information sore VS is really fickle and all about the hype and ratings. Personally, I believe Toni deserves to be an angel more than most of the new angels but le sigh

30-12-2012
fashion insider

a few more Peter Hahn S/S 2013 Catalogue pics:

peterhahn.de

Last edited by sore; 30-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.

30-12-2012
fashion insider

thanks for posting, i absolutely adore her look for dolce!

Bild (german tabloid, normally not very reliable) says she is the actual face of h&m swim S/S 13 and not only in the catalogue like i thought she was. what do you think?

31-12-2012
tfs star

The beauty shots are all reposts, I posted them a while ago here and here...

^ I think we will have to wait until the H&M swimwear campaign surfaces in the magazines as it usually does.

VSFS 2012 backstage

wireimage

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

Her skin is amazing

31-12-2012
fashion insider

^ Everything else about her is amazing as well, love the beauty shots

01-01-2013
fashion elite

She is so gorgeous in backstage shots

04-01-2013
V.I.P.

realtonigarrn on twitter

04-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Yolanda Sacristán ‏@ysacristan
Choosing the Vogue Beauty Cover with amazing options: Toni Garrn, Cara Delevigne, Doutzen Kroes and more! Dificult! Coming soon.
twitter/ysacristan

she's the editor-in-chief of vogue spain.
well, fingers crossed!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, garrn, july, october, toni