How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-07-2012
fashion insider

i surprisingly like the j crew shots, but i hate her expression in the third to last pic. she really does this expression way too often, and it makes her look so lifeless and kind of dull.

i came across a video from the zeiss calendar she shot with adrien brody. i hope it's no repost, but i don't remember seeing it. toni and brody make such a sweet couple.
the video is in german (boy, has olli dittrich grown OLD!), she only says a few sentences. she talks about how she normally never works with actors, only with other female models, very rarely also with other male models, so she is excited to work with brody, who is a really cool and relaxed guy and some kind of buddy to her.

don't know how to embed, it's not from yt, so here's the link:
http://www.amica.de/mode/mode-videos..._vid_1420.html

22-07-2012
front row

fotovalise.blogspot.co.uk/

Regarding the pose that you mentioned, I COMPLETELY AGREE. Its like she has a lazy mouth or something. In virtually all her shoots, you bet you can find at least one with that look. They must edit so many out. When I watch videos of her posing on set, and she does "that pose". I almost cringe and want to shout "Toni close your mouth, you're doing it again".

Thank you for the video link. There were a couple of videos of this shoot (very original, I love it) posted, but I don't believe this was one of them, so nice find.

Thank you for the translation.

Last edited by alexrbates; 22-07-2012 at 06:01 PM.

22-07-2012
front row

New VS:

victoriassecret

Wish I could wear that blue dress like that.

23-07-2012
front row

OMG Toni is shooting with Sean O'Pry in Montreal today...

Quote:
@RyanMCheung Where you flying back? Did you get to see Toni Garrn coming Mtl airport? we are shooting with her&Sean O'Pry tomorrow;-)
@VPOgilvy

Cannot wait so see these two together... heaven.

New VS:

victoriassecret

Last edited by alexrbates; 23-07-2012 at 04:11 AM.

23-07-2012
fashion insider

^thanks for the update!

here's a concept drawing for tomorrow i found on the same twitter:

Quote:
Ogilvy fall/winter2012 brochure last drawings before shoot tomorrow.I love to be xtra prepared]

Quote:
Shooting CanadaGoose tomorrow hot pink+lime green+giant Ogilvy plaid scarf

Quote:
CanadaGoose + Ogilvy micro kilt perfect match...

twitter.com/VPOgilvy

omg, they almost seem to anticipate her awful pose in the third drawing!
love them though, i didn't know shoots were prepared like this.
never heard of ogilvy or canadagoose though?

edit: can't believe they don't know how to spell her name!

Last edited by sore; 23-07-2012 at 08:52 AM.

23-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore View Post

omg, they almost seem to anticipate her awful pose in the third drawing!
love them though, i didn't know shoots were prepared like this.
never heard of ogilvy or canadagoose though?

edit: can't believe they don't know how to spell her name!
I think Toni could look super-cute in that parka if they pull it off right (i.e. not too much make-up).

I never knew about concept drawing either, suppose it makes sense. He mentions that he likes to be "extra prepared", so perhaps not all photographers do it. We know its for the Ogilvy fall/winter2012 brochure at least.

Cant wait to see her next to Sean O'Pry, hopefully we'll get some tweets.

Last edited by alexrbates; 23-07-2012 at 09:24 AM.

23-07-2012
front row

@RealToniGarrn:

Quote:
Best work day! Beautiful location somewhere outside of montreal, amazing weather and pilatis by the lake after lunch pic.twitter.com/lGnuvWBO
This picture is a bit of a shot in the foot for Toni, love her to bits, but there is no need to be so overly, and blatantly, sexually provocative.

She doesn't need to sell herself on twitter this way.

Last edited by alexrbates; 23-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.

23-07-2012
tfs star

^are you joking? she's stretching for pilates..

23-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrbates View Post
@RealToniGarrn:

This picture is a bit of a shot in the foot for Toni, love her to bits, but there is no need to be so overly, and blatantly, sexually provocative.

She doesn't need to sell herself on twitter this way.
She wrote she's doing pilates ... I've never done it, but this could be just a pilates pose

23-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsandspooky View Post
^are you joking? she's stretching for pilates..
Not joking at all. Why ask someone to take a picture of you, then do that particular stretch, and then post it on twitter??? A million stretches she could have done.

Just seems OTT to me.

Quote:
She wrote she's doing pilates ... I've never done it, but this could be just a pilates pose
It is a Pilates pose. BUT it's also asking someone to take a picture of you "stretching", and then doing that particular "stretch".

Last edited by alexrbates; 23-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.

23-07-2012
scenester

You are too funny Doesn't look provocative to me Most yoga and pilates poses look like this. If the picture would be taken from behind then maby it would be 'sexually provocative' - but this?! c'mon

23-07-2012
fashion insider

what's wrong about the stretch? the legs? i don't get it.

i just wouldn't pose for a picture and put it up on twitter in general. although i'm a member here and in a couple of other forums, i would never ever expose my daily routines on twitter or on facebook. toni decided to be on twitter, and i think she's thoughtful about what to share and what not to share - and obviously we enjoy her tweets and would be more than dissappointed if she decided to stop tweeting.
but apart from this kind of self-exposure which is so common nowadays, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this pose in my opinion. i would never ever have thought about her being "sexually provocative" if you hadn't posted it.

23-07-2012
tfs star

She doesn't need to sell herself on twitter this way.[/QUOTE]

^ Thanks for a good laugh, before going to bed!

23-07-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrbates View Post
Not joking at all. Why ask someone to take a picture of you, then do that particular stretch, and then post it on twitter??? A million stretches she could have done.

Just seems OTT to me.

It is a Pilates pose. BUT it's also asking someone to take a picture of you "stretching", and then doing that particular "stretch".
Wait. Where does it say she asked someone to take that photo of her? Someone could have just taken it of her. And there's nothing wrong with that photo or her wanting to share it.

23-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_isis View Post
Wait. Where does it say she asked someone to take that photo of her? Someone could have just taken it of her. And there's nothing wrong with that photo or her wanting to share it.
You know what, you're right. After someone took a picture of her bending over - when she just happend to be looking in their direction and smiling - she asked them if they would be kind enough to let her post it on twitter.

END OF SARCASM.

But seriously, looking back at what I said, even though I stand by it, perhaps the bit about "selling herself" was a little extreme.

My brother and his friend saw the picture and they said "got to love German girls", and that's what bought the whole provocation thing to my attention.

I think Toni would have to be the most naÔve girl on the planet to not know what she was doing, it's not like she didn't know she was being pictured and was simply stretching away.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, garrn, july, october, toni