How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-04-2013
fashion insider

Could she be any more perfect? What a neck, what a complexion, those legs, those hands... She's just beautiful beyond words and so FRESH. I simply adore her.

I got goosebumps and butterflies when I saw Vanessa in the first seconds of that video.

Last edited by Creative; 22-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.

22-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Could she be any more perfect? What a neck, what a complexion, those legs, those hands... She's just beautiful beyond words and so FRESH. I simply adore her.

I got goosebumps and butterflies when I saw Vanessa in the first seconds of that video.
Agree with you 100%, she has such a natural grace, she really pulls off any look that's placed on her. Her legs and neck are so long and she knows just how to move them without giving her a "lollipop" head affect.

26-04-2013
V.I.P.

Valentino Couture Spring/Summer 2013 Backstage

cherrry-blossom.tumblr.com

26-04-2013
fashion icon

^ I think she's an angel.

27-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ a princess too

27-04-2013
V.I.P.

I'm in love with that Nanushka video.

28-04-2013
fashion insider

Prada campaign is OG this season. It would be more than amazing to see Vanessa fronting it.

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Prada campaign is OG this season. It would be more than amazing to see Vanessa fronting it.
I don't think it's her, it was shot last week in New York, maybe even this week and she was in Paris this week and at home in Hungary last week. I'm pretty sure Amanda Murphy will be fronting the campaign this season. Hopefully we can see Vanessa in Miu Miu!

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
My "little" rabbit Home

twitter.com/VanessaAxente

So cute

29-04-2013
fashion icon

I feel that she's shooting for something big campaign by Meisel.

Last edited by kwonsm; 29-04-2013 at 06:02 AM.

30-04-2013
fashion insider

Her teeth. Her smile. Even the most random picture of her is as full of emotion as the best fashion photograph. I really can't handle her beauty.

Vanessa is too good to be real.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

Vanessa Axente @ New York / London / Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2013/2014 – Look forward into the sun

Quote:
I have to say Vanessa isn’t one of those models I viscerally and kind of instinctively love like others, yet at the same time… because of 1000 different reasons (we’ll see some soon, some others involve questions that have nothing to do with what I want for this website to be about: models and models only, so not girls…) it’s just like looking at the sun, it’s something which marks you (hehe and your retinas specifically) in an instant and inevitable way, whatever you want. Btw no, I didn’t want to compare Vanessa to a quite bothersome thing like a solar retinopathy, yet take the good part of that point… and… yep, be blinded by that light has many different facets, first of all, I mention one of those questions that have nothing to do with what I want for this website to be about but you’ll soon see why I do it: have you ever met her?, seen a backstage shot?, or anyway any kind of not-fashion-related-casual shot?, the first things you’ll notice (even before her astonishing beauty) will be her bright smile and radiant aura. She’s actually beaming, in such a genuine and incredibly mesmerizing way, it’s something hard to describe, but really, just like looking at the sun (yep, the title: since these days I’m listening to The Libertines…), it’s a wonderful impact you won’t avoid – and in this case specifically even if the bright light is similar to the one of the sun the result is way more welcome and pleasant.
Why I mentioned that not-fashion-related side of Vanessa?, ‘cause it will help us understanding her runway impact. So, where to start from? I have no idea, I mean… for example with Antonina Vasylchenko or Katya Riabynkina and their FWs season it’s been easy and quite natural to plan the post, in this case for many reasons the thing is a little harder. Is it possible to find one(/two/even three) quintessential side(s) of her specifically?, I guess not, Vanessa is many things, and that’s one of the most fabulous aspects of the Hungarian model.
Btw I certainly adore her flawless impeccable and nonchalant elegance, and the many facets such a consideration implies. So: mature, confident, minimalist, subtly austere, freshly cocky, simply impeccable, refined, sophisticated, a little snobbish (but in such a relaxed way), there are many different nuances, and Vanessa embodied (and generally embodies) them all in such a great way.
I decided to mention separately something like these two shows on purpose, because their immutable identities made of romantic elegance give me the opportunity to underline two things: how great she looked there too, yet at the same time how… something like that can be considered Antonina Vasylchenko’s “congenial territory”, are them for Vanessa too?, I don’t think so, but the result is wonderful the same. I mean, Vanessa doesn’t have an intrinsically evident grace and delicate beauty, yet something like those two shows give me a fabulous opportunity to underline that not-fashion-related beaming side of her, and underline the thing it wonderfully comes out in fashion contexts too – and in ways different and always suitable, in some cases even perfectly fitting.
I mean, if in shows like Valentino or Nina Ricci that radiance has its most natural and crystal clear expression, at the same time I adore how nonchalant (wait: if you’re thinking nonchalant = detached, no: it’s not the detachment of Elena Bartels or Ondria Hardin, that for the record I love, but something completely different) the intensity she expresses on the runway is and can look. At Marc by Marc Jacobs for example she was one of my favorite models, and reasons why are to be found in that consideration above: makeup (see that red lipstick) and hairstyle were quite intense, the show as usual (and as usual one I liked… yep, nothing to do with what I’ll write below about Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton) is a wonderful mix of diverging vibes and tensions, and Vanessa nonchalantly embodied them, looking great, thing that not so many models did on that catwalk.
From some points of view I’m reevaluating a model like Cara Delevingne (Bazinga! hehe, no, I really am, and don’t hate me for this, I’m hating myself enough… but you know, even if I still don’t love her, some considerations have to be objective, and from many points of view she’s objectively a noteworthy model…), from some others I adore the fact Vanessa embodies what of anti-“whatever of Cara Delevingne-sque” there is in fashion. With Cara in any case (so: despite the positive things I may now think about her) “c’mon, take it easy…” is what I think 99% of the times I see her, for Vanessa such a consideration would be quite useless and senseless, she’s so genuine, marvelously natural, and the thing doesn’t come out only in shows like Valentino or Nina Ricci, but in others where a different attitude and certain intensity is required, and Vanessa expresses it with an impact as actually powerful as… hehe yep, “anything but Cara Delevingne-sque” explains better than 1000 words what I may mean…
Now I could also write about her fantastic body structure, the amazing walk, but from some points of view with a model like Vanessa I somehow take those things for granted, still underlining in her case they aren’t just “good” but way more (yet still in that marvelously nonchalant way). And… well, what else to say?, a model as “reassuring” as interesting and unique (in print too) is something you don’t often see around, plus, if you consider something like those first shows above time for Vanessa will be an outstandingly positive and beneficial factor, so that “Look forward” of the title will appear for what it is: not only in contrast with the “Don’t look back into the sun” title of The Libertines song, but an actually optimistic approach to what future will represent for the Hungarian model, now amazing, fated to become even something more.
isthisitmodelsreview.com

30-04-2013
front row

She's got a big campaign coming out for the fall, you guys! Can't say what, though

30-04-2013
trendsetter

I'm going to guess Miu Miu! Miuccia loves her, she opened, it makes sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyforareason View Post
She's got a big campaign coming out for the fall, you guys! Can't say what, though
Awesome news, thanks so much for sharing! But can't tell us the photographer, french or italian brand... anything?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, axente, january, june, vanessa