How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaLucas View Post
WOW...I've got some catching up to do. Lavieenrose, now I know where you got that gorgeous avatar. Yasmin is simply...stunning.
Wow, someone actually posted to this thread!! :p Though most of the time I think it's only me and you, Shana.

Aside from the Red, Yasmin also co-starred on the cover of Vogue UK July 2007 (her third since August 1987) and was on the covers of View of the Times spring/summer 2007 (with some amazing photos inside), Irish Tatler March 2007, and Madame Figaro Taiwan December 2006. (I only found out about this last one after reading her interview in VooT in which she said her most recent cover was for a Taiwanese or Korean MF and, after deducing there was no Korean MF, found a small photo of her cover on her agency's site. Then I wrote to the publishers, and they sent me one for free. Sweeeet.)

Now I just have to find out where these are from:

source: http://www.models1.co.uk

I hope the links to the photos work, cause my .htaccess file is designed to block people who hork my bandwidth from using my photos.

Unfortunately, they don't work. So just visit my site (link in my sig)!

01-08-2007
tfs star

^Yasmin just rules. I'm so happy to see her so busy. I admit that I am sad that she doesn't appear in US mags these days.

Thanks so much for posting all this info and keeping us updated.

14-08-2007
trendsetter

She is one of my favorite models, very iconic of the 80s SUPERMODELS, although she's still a very beautiful working model. It's a shame that 2 decades later, there are few models with her diverse looks. The modeling world has gone backwards for the worse, models today have a hard time matching her portfolio of beautiful photos and covers.

Last edited by angel222; 14-08-2007 at 01:19 AM.
20-08-2007
tfs star

^It truly is a shame that there is so much less diversity in the modeling world these days. Not only diversity in skin color, but in body shapes as well.

Yasmin will always be special to me. She's a great model that should never be forgotten.

26-08-2007
V.I.P.

truly hope it is not a repost but anyway i loved this edit...

famousbabes.com

26-08-2007
backstage pass

^ No, it hasn't been posted here before! It's from Purple Fashion, I think the spring/summer 2006 issue.

trendsetter

Girls Best Friends
VOGUE Portugal June 2005
ph. Amelia Truebridge

my scan

23-09-2007
front row

My favourite cover of her (Elle France January 1989):

Last edited by Evita; 23-09-2007 at 03:15 PM.
10-10-2007
tfs star

^GREAT cover!!

And KissMiss...thanks for posting those pics. Yasmin looks so much better in that Yves St. Laurent gown than Linda did when she wore it. Awesome!

10-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaLucas View Post
^GREAT cover!!

And KissMiss...thanks for posting those pics. Yasmin looks so much better in that Yves St. Laurent gown than Linda did when she wore it. Awesome!

you are the most welcome;-) glad you liked them

18-10-2007
tfs star

Gorgeous Yasmin at Williamson and Marchesa Party in London!
source: style.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williamson marchesa.jpg (35.6 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by ShanaLucas; 18-10-2007 at 10:07 AM.
22-10-2007
front row

Venice, 25/08/07 - Tamara Beckwith & Giorgio Veroni Wedding
Yasmin and Simon Le Bon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ve1.jpg (38.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ve2.jpg (47.6 KB, 9 views)

19-11-2007
trendsetter

Yasmin Le Bon announces formal retirement from modeling.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008945747

Sally Grover - Celebrity News Service News Writer

London, England (CNS) - The fashion industry has lost one of its most influential faces. Yasmin Le Bon, one of the most successful supermodels of the 90s, has declared that she is finished with the industry. At 42-years-old, Le Bon has admitted that she considers herself to be too old to be strutting down catwalks and posing for pictures. The beauty believes that once she retires she will never earn money again. During her years as a jet setting beauty, Le Bon had ideas to produce her own fashion line and design clothes. However, now that it is crunch time, Le Bon says that she has given up on her dream to be a designer because she doesn't know enough about business. She told Contact Music, "I thought of it years ago - but I'm a model not a business woman. I love fashion, but I don't know anything about that side of the business - so I just don't see it happening. I'll probably never make another penny!" However, someone else in the Le Bon family is going to give fame and wealth a try. Le Bon's 17-year-old daughter with Duran Duran front man husband Simon, Amber, is going to venture into her mother's territory and model. The Yasmin look-alike launched her career in Scotland for U.K. label All Saints.

19-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
Yasmin Le Bon announces formal retirement from modeling.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008945747

Sally Grover - Celebrity News Service News Writer

London, England (CNS) - The fashion industry has lost one of its most influential faces. Yasmin Le Bon, one of the most successful supermodels of the 90s, has declared that she is finished with the industry. At 42-years-old, Le Bon has admitted that she considers herself to be too old to be strutting down catwalks and posing for pictures. The beauty believes that once she retires she will never earn money again. During her years as a jet setting beauty, Le Bon had ideas to produce her own fashion line and design clothes. However, now that it is crunch time, Le Bon says that she has given up on her dream to be a designer because she doesn't know enough about business. She told Contact Music, "I thought of it years ago - but I'm a model not a business woman. I love fashion, but I don't know anything about that side of the business - so I just don't see it happening. I'll probably never make another penny!" However, someone else in the Le Bon family is going to give fame and wealth a try. Le Bon's 17-year-old daughter with Duran Duran front man husband Simon, Amber, is going to venture into her mother's territory and model. The Yasmin look-alike launched her career in Scotland for U.K. label All Saints.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She looks super good and did not really aged at all... plssss tell it is not true... i love her

19-11-2007
backstage pass

I don't believe it. Nowhere in that comment did they say that she was quitting. Also, she recently visited Elite while her husband was touring in New York, had some polaroids taken, and they announced that she was available.

http://ryanelitemodel2.typepad.com/m...-le-bon-i.html

I think that when Amber was in that All Saints show, it was a one-off charity thing. As I mentioned in her thread, I see Amber getting into other artistic endeavors but probably not modelling.

I'll have to ask Yasmin just to confirm, cause I've heard that "news" repeated from the rather unreliable Contact Music on many internet outlets. It's making me wonder more every time I see it, but I think that her visit to Elite earlier this month speaks volumes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bon, le, yasmin