How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2009
fashion insider

By the way I also saw one of the members of Duran Duran at one show in Paris, i think it was Galliano, the blond one...and I was wondering if Yasmin is with her hubby in Paris.

11-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
By the way I also saw one of the members of Duran Duran at one show in Paris, i think it was Galliano, the blond one...and I was wondering if Yasmin is with her hubby in Paris.
I didn't see any pictures of him at the shows in Paris or London (which Yasmin also attended).

tfs star

Sorry if this is a repost - I thought it was a gorgeous image!
source. justloomisphotography
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yasmin le bon.jpg (20.5 KB, 16 views)

French Chic

^That's gorgeous
And Rado those pics with you took off Yasmin alone and with yourself are some of the best pics you have taken IMO. Really lovely and thanks for sharing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
You mean Nick Rhodes?

trendsetter

Yasmin Le Bon for Wallis

Yasmin has designed the unique YLB collection of clothing and jewellery for Wallis inspired by favourite items from her own wardrobe. YLB captures the essence of Yasmin, her Persian descent, her iconic style and love of vintage, for a timeless sophisticated collection.

11-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsley V View Post
Sorry if this is a repost - I thought it was a gorgeous image!
source. justloomisphotography
Lovely! Thanks for the site info. I wonder what season it was from... I have images from many of her Bloomingdales appearances but can't match up that image with any particular season.

fashion insider

Dd
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiB View Post
You mean Nick Rhodes?
I think so, yes, it was not Simon or John, so it must be Nick

18-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissIvana View Post
Attachment 484083 ebay
Does anyone have this editorial from Vogue UK January 1991. "Glam meets rock"?
GLAM MEETS ROCK
Yasmin Le Bon, Simon Le Bon
Vogue UK January 1991
ph. Michel Haddi

my scans

Last edited by Mťlange; 18-10-2009 at 12:27 PM.
18-10-2009
don't look down

A short interview from The Times (timesonline.co.uk):

Quote:
A Life in the Day: Yasmin Le Bon

The model and fashion designer, 44, on husband Simon, late nights and eating leftovers

October 18, 2009

When I get up, I see to the animals first. Weíve got two cats, Dusty and Chooch, and two dogs, Tinker, the chihuahua, and Luigi, the pug. Luigiís only 11 months old and he chews everything. Him and Simon get on great; in fact, I think the pug wants to become Simon and Simon wants to become the pug. Itís a little bit worrying! Then Iíll sit down and have green tea and a couple of seeded Ryvita with Benecol spread. Theyíre great heated, but they burn really easily, so you have to watch they donít set the toaster on fire. If Simonís in the kitchen, heíll make something like porridge, scrambled eggs and cooked tomatoes.

Now our three daughters are older, I have a bit more time to myself. When I gave birth to my first child, Amber, I was 24, and I was back on the catwalk within weeks. My twenties and thirties were pretty full-on, trying to juggle motherhood and modelling, but now lifeís easier, and I only get involved in projects that I know I will really enjoy.

And I love nothing better than fannying around in the morning when Iím getting ready. Iím a real product queen. I try everything. Iíve always been good at slapping creams on. Whether they make a difference to my face is another matter. Simonís into them as well ó he always goes for my expensive ones. And if he sees me using a particular one over and over again, he knows Iím onto something good and starts using it too.

More stressful is getting dressed. My wardrobeís hell. Thereís so much stuff itís a battle to get into it. It drives me mad, it drives my housekeeper mad. In fact, itís so bad that Iím now doing the thing that used to drive me crazy about the girls, and thatís wear the same three things over and over again. The youngest two, Tallulah and Saffron, are still at boarding school ó theyíre 15 and 18. Amberís 20 and back home. Sheís done a bit of modelling, but she doesnít know what she wants to do yet. Hey, sheís got plenty of time to make up her mind. Iím the one who should be worrying! Iím nearly 45. What am I going to do with the rest of my life?

But I suppose Iíve been lucky. Itís amazing that Iím this age and still being asked to model for fashion and beauty campaigns. Now Iím fronting Avonís new anti-ageing skincare range, Reversalist, which, with my wrinkles, is right up my street ó I definitely need help in that department. Iíve also just designed a small autumn/winter fashion range for Wallis. Itís my first time designing anything, so itís been a huge learning curve for me. But itís a challenge, itís great fun, and I love being around creative people.

If lunch is at home then I tend to eat up leftovers from the fridge. Iím the leftover queen. I canít help it. I might mix them into an omelette or throw them all into a soup. One of the children wonít eat soups any more because sheís worried what old food Iíve put in it. Simonís mother, Ann Marie, often comes round with homemade bread and cakes. Her house and garden back onto ours ó weíre like the Waltons really ó and the animals love it. When theyíre bored with us, they go and watch afternoon TV with her.

Our house is a bit higgledy-piggledy. I call it bohemian; some would call it unfinished. I can potter for hours. I like to think Iím getting things done, but most of the time Iím not. I donít beat myself up about it, though. At the end of the day you get no thanks for being too tidy, do you? Nobody gives you a medal for cleaning out three cupboards. But Simonís pretty hands-on when it comes to a bit of DIY. And if heís doing a job, it has to be perfect ó probably a bit too perfect. But I wonít let him use a power tool. Once, he was trying to put a portable phone on the wall and drilled through a load of cables. He was lucky he didnít kill himself.

The house is quiet when the kids are away, but Simon makes up for it. Heís got the lungs of an opera singer, so you can hear him all over the house. If it gets too much I tell him to shut up. But then, if heís not singing, heís got one of his guitars out ó I mean, heís not even a bloody guitarist! His noise is the reason we moved to a detached house on a main road. Iíd love to be on a quiet road, but I know the council would be round and weíd get thrown out. I wouldnít mind if we were having wild parties, but itís just him!

Iím not a great cook, so I donít tend to do things that require too much scrubbing and peeling and chopping. Apart from anything else, Iím in danger of consuming too much wine in the process. So I keep meals short and sweet. In the evenings Iím a bit of a home bird, so if weíve been invited out somewhere I often have to be dragged by the hair. But then Iíll end up having such a great time Iíll need to be dragged by the hair back in again.

I never get to bed early, though. Itís probably the result of marrying into rockíníroll in the early days. And even if I do want an early night, Simonís such an avid bookworm I know the light will still be on for ages. But we always end up having a laugh about something thatís happened. I guess Iím at a stage in my life where itís often the simple things that make my day, make me realise how fortunate I am. If my life just carries on as it is now, then Iíll be more than happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunday_Magazine_628879a.jpg (13.8 KB, 157 views)

V.I.P.

Harper's Bazaar Russia November 2009 via journal-plaza.net

11-11-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirik View Post
Harper's Bazaar Russia November 2009 via journal-plaza.net

Thank you!

fashion elite

http://www.life.com/image/93249862

She has gone blonde!!! It suits her....

10-12-2009
don't look down

Yasmin Le Bon on the cover of the January 2010 issue of Red magazine (redmagazine.co.uk):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REDUK1001 Yasmin.jpg (17.4 KB, 93 views)

V.I.P.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bon, le, yasmin