How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Heart and Soul
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2006
rising star

The Fashion Spot is GREAT! Why do You Like it?
I have never had the opportunity to debate some of the subjects I have debated here. I've had strong opinions in many areas for many years that I've never been comfortable discussing with people in person.

I wanted to start a thread thanking the people who run this board for keeping up such a great message board. They may have some rules that -initially- seem obsessive, but it keeps this message board the great place that it is.

Maybe to a lot of people, style is not something to debate, but here it CAN be, if people want to. I've learned a lot from the people on The Fashion Spot--I've learned a lot of facts, a lot of opinions, a lot of philosophies, and a lot of takes on things that I thought were unusual but come to realize that they're common.

Thank you for being here!

08-06-2006
Diamond

Thanks for the kudos Kizzume! tFS really is an amazing place. I was never really involved in any forums until I stumbled across tFS - now I'm a certified addict! I also want to take a moment to thank AndyR and my fellow Mods for all the time, effort, and hard work they put in every day! I'm so proud of our team and our members. You all make this place great!

~Madeleine Albright
08-06-2006
rising star

I really appreciate the honesty of people on this board too. I learned something major about myself today--I learned that I have been very quick to judge people. I started looking back to things I've done in my past, the ways I've reacted to people, the ways I've judged people, and really started to see how judgmental I have been, and it hasn't been very pretty. ************************************************** * How do I have the right to judge someone for buying an outfit that costs over $1500? What kind of hypocrite am I? How can I talk about being "so poor" when I was wasting my money like that?

Thank you all for giving me a reality check. You really don't know how much you have helped me.
no drug related talk please

Last edited by Orchide; 13-06-2006 at 08:36 PM.
09-06-2006
scenester

Can I get a Whoo Whoo? It takes a lot of courage to A: admit you've made mistakes and B: share that you were a slave to something.

Nice work, hopefully everyone who reads this will take what you have said with them, too!

10-06-2006
front row

I have to agree wholeheartedly - I feel so comfortable and welcomed in this place, which is unusual at most message boards!

I tfs!

13-06-2006
backstage pass

wow, i feel liberated, the tFS has had similar affects on me..Time for a GROUP HUG!!!!!

Been things & seen places

This is a nice thread but just wanted to give a reminder of our posting guidelines (no drug talk allowed).
Here is a link:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ing-rules.html

backstage pass

why do you like forums
discuss?

trendsetter

because you can talk to people from all over the world about stuff.

15-08-2006
V.I.P.

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!

It is the only one where i have been able to find people who love fashion, models and magazines as much as i do. I can ask someone what their favourite Daria editorial is or whether i should get a certain pair of shoes without this or

All the people here are so sweet and understanding!! It's just a really great place to be

Last edited by jssy4eva; 15-08-2006 at 09:17 AM.
15-08-2006
trendsetter

yeah that too hehe.

also I've noticed that there is no bitchiness on here unlike some forums I've visited.

27-07-2009
V.I.P.

I love tFS. It's most of the times the first site I open when I come to the net ... this big community is amazing, there's many wonderful & intelligent people here It's the only site where I post & it's enough, it has everything I need & it's the best fashion site on the net, I'm proud to be part of this community

Last edited by Filipe; 27-07-2009 at 02:01 PM.
27-07-2009
backstage pass

I like it best for the community and people! To be honest, I'm not nearly as interested in fashion, as I was over a year ago, when I first came to tFS, but now I can't leave, cause there's too many awesome people I've gotten to know and love talking to, and I love all the off-topic discussions, and hey, when I do need fashion info, tFS is the only stop I need to make!

Really though, I don't think I've ever met or been a part of such a sweet community, as tFS almost everyone here calls everyone else, "dear", and that really made an impression on me, when I first came here, and people didn't even know me, but we're like, "dear", "darling", and I found that so charming, and still do. And plus, there's so many intelligent people here, and people who are just fabulously interesting to have conversations with.

fashion insider

"supporting cast" is my fav I love to see new work from all the models. And its nice to have the people from everywhere and not just from one country.

27-07-2009
oh! darling

I love the networking. You meet some amazing people here and create some great friendships.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, great, spot