How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
yeah i have the gray, the navy suede and the black on black and I think im going to sell all the but the gray..
I love the navy suede, but I think out of your amazing collection the gray would be the one I would keep. Why are you selling them?

21-05-2010
fashion icon

I just really have too many bags and I really just like the gray one more than the others.

front row

man Opening Ceremony called me up to let me know about the new arrival of Diego bags... checked it out and really like the Forest bag... but now I'm broke! well i don't ike having too many of the same things so I'm satisfied with the gray

14-06-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

well I've decided that I really want the rocco duffel as a gift to myself for my long exam season but now I'm a bit torn. It's a lot cheaper in the US, but by the time I import it to Canada or the UK, I'll be paying in customs fees the difference of just purchasing it in store here (unless I got a great deal on it - something which seems like I missed).

I want one asap but at the same time I don't want to buy it and then have it go on sale next week or the week after when the sales start. I know Selfridges started their sale today and I'm pretty sure it's not in the sale. But the black rocco duffel was in the US NAP sale and I'm just wondering if it'll be in the UK sale as well. Dilemmas dilemmas

14-06-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

Well to update from my post earlier - I just bought a rocco mini duffel!

For those interested - NAP US has the black with black studs just added to their sale section. I was sorely tempted by this but I really wanted one with a strap and I wanted the studs to be contrasting so in the end, I opted for a pre-fall rocco.

I was torn between the black/brass and the forest/silver. NAP didn't have the black/brass combination (of course I could order it from shopbop) but in the end I went for the forest/silver because I already have black (and navy) bags but nothing this color. While I love the black/brass combo, I think the forest/silver might have a bit more longevity and look great in fall but I think because while the black/brass is classic I might get tired of it after awhile. Plus, the forest green shows up as a kind of faded black depending on the light so it's not too bright. However, if when I get it I don't like it I can always return it and get the black/brass combo in Canada.

Pics from net-a-porter.com

eta: bag received! Wow, I'm dominating this thread today! I'm really really happy with this choice. I still love the brass/black combo but I love that the forest green color is a bit more subtle - it's almost a grey with forest green undertones. Someone elsewhere mentioned when they saw the forest in store that the handles and the bag color did not match so I inspected the bag as best I could and I can see the handles are slightly darker but I think within a short period of time it will be uniform and it's not obvious unless you were looking for it. The only downside as far as I can see is the opening isn't very wide - so even if it could fit my macbook for example, I'm not sure i could get it through the zippered opening. The bag is a bit deep and with the black interior it's kind of hard to see things so the small opening doesn't help.

Also, I've seen a couple of people and some celebs with the bag on their shoulder but it was a pretty tight squeeze for me. I'm not sure if they've decreased the handle drop or I just have big arms though I think this will be easier the more the bag is used. Either way, the strap takes away the need to carry it over the shoulder. I know some people here didn't like the strap (though for me it was a selling point) but it's nice that it's adjustable to 3 different lengths (though you could punch more holes in the strap and make the length shorter/longer). I also love the 'hidden' zippered pocket on the side - super handy for travel cards and having your blackberry or phone at quick access. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but thus far I am super happy with my purchase! Hopefully it will continue to improve with age.

Last edited by Meg; 14-06-2010 at 11:11 AM.
15-06-2010
rising star

I have the black/black diego and love it.
I returned the "grey" one, as the colour was for me not as expected...more taupe, with too much purple undertones in it for me

I am now thinking of buying this one. Has anyone seen it in real life? it looks more grey/brown to me, or am i wrong?
Source pic: mytheresa.com

15-06-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I can't see the picture all that well - is it like a modified diego or?

15-06-2010
rising star

another try
source: mytheresa.com

15-06-2010
rising star

colour "smoke grey".......

18-06-2010
trendsetter

This is the new addition to my collection of bags, my rocco in black with gold studs. It was a gift from my mama
The texture is just amazing! I wish it showed in the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2010-06-18 at 09.19.jpg (93.6 KB, 24 views)

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

wow, i really like the rocco with the long strap! i think it would be really worth it to punch an extra hole in it with an awl (be careful...this is how louis braille went blind!!)

i'm very interested to see how long the drop is...if its long enough, i plan on getting one!

trendsetter

have any of you with his grey bags done anything extra to help protect the color? i just got a grey rocco duffel and i'm in love. i saw the tag inside mentioned natural discoloration when in contact with other things, but has anyone really seen this kind of coloring/aging with their bag? i just don't want it to get spotty!

19-06-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't have the grey but I have read that some people did have problems with it picking up color. I'm sure a simple spray would do the job though

19-06-2010
front row

yes my bag is started to get other colors particularly a bluish/blk stain but it adds a distinct effect.

21-06-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

meant to add Dana - the bag looks great! Hope you are enjoying it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, handbags, wang