How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2011
V.I.P.

^ I've seen a lot of girls here with the Coco/Rocco and seen a girl on my bus with the Brenda.

On another note, my Donna hobo (the older one with rectangular zips) is starting to have rusty zippers!!!! I can't believe this would happen to a bag of this price range! I've contacted AW customer service and they just told me to send pics of the bag and I am now waiting for them to send me a reply.

16-01-2011
girl who fell to earth

do you guys think the bags are getting played out and overexposed?
there was definitely such an air of anticipation when the first bags were coming out...
they were selling out all over the place

or do you think there are particular styles that will become sort of "classics"?

V.I.P.

^ I see these bags are being to trendy to become classic. Of course only time will tell but I don't think they will stay around forever. Most classic bags have very simple design and AW is not the case (from the very grainy leather to the studs and multiple zippers).

17-01-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^and if you're saying that your zippers are rusting then it seems there could be a quality issue as well...
which, surely is a hindrance if these things are falling apart in a few short years

front row

I want to buy rocco when I go Paris this spring but I have an interest on hauling marc jacobs and Proenza Schouler bags.cant decide yet.

23-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
^^and if you're saying that your zippers are rusting then it seems there could be a quality issue as well...
which, surely is a hindrance if these things are falling apart in a few short years
I have the bag from when they initially made the Donna hobo with the rectangular zips. I sent the pics to the AW Customer Service. They're really slow to respond. I was at least expecting a reply when they received the pics but nada yet and it's been a week.

23-01-2011
Meg
inspired contemplation

I mean, of course these bags are expensive, but I could tell as soon as my Rocco arrived, it wasn't the same quality as my YSL Muse (which has held up incredibly well over the years). I noticed this weekend that the leather piping around the edge of the bag has started to wear, meaning the plastic underneath is visible - not a good look. I feel that for the most part, I have treated this bag with care, so I'm a bit surprised it happened so quickly (I got the bag about 5-6 months ago - but I do carry it just about every day).

That said, while I don't think the design is timeless in a Birkin sense, I don't see a ton of women in London carrying any of the Wang bags, and I think there is a sort of simplicity to the design, with the studs being a kind of nice edge. So I don't find it played out, at all.

23-01-2011
trendsetter

I'm having the same problem too, meg... is there any way to fix that?

24-01-2011
Meg
inspired contemplation

well glad i'm not the only one! To be honest - I don't think so. They'd have to replace the piping around the whole barrel of the bag and I can't imagine that anyone could do that, or do it cheaply. I may take it in to my local leather person and see, but honestly, what are the chances he has leather in the exact same shade of bottle green and can do such a fiddly job?

25-01-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
well glad i'm not the only one! To be honest - I don't think so. They'd have to replace the piping around the whole barrel of the bag and I can't imagine that anyone could do that, or do it cheaply. I may take it in to my local leather person and see, but honestly, what are the chances he has leather in the exact same shade of bottle green and can do such a fiddly job?
Oh my God... I just posted about this on The Purse Forum!! My friend who works at Holt Renfrew in Toronto asked her coworker downtown why Holts currently didn't have any in stock... the coworker said that it was because apparently, the leather on the piping was ripping and showing the white part underneath so customers were bringing their bags back so Holts had to ship them all back!

I hope this isn't the case with all of their bags that are out at the moment because I just ordered the Forest Rocco from Aloha Rag just two nights ago and I was planning on carrying it every day, which is the reason why I had to sell my grey one..

25-01-2011
fashion icon

the zipper keeps breaking on my first generation Brenda bag...but nothing so crazy as the piping coming apart...Has Alexander Wang offered to replace or repair it? I know that Proenza Schouler is really great about repairing bags..they even sent a girl a wallet as well!

fashion icon

When do the spring bags come out?

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
the zipper keeps breaking on my first generation Brenda bag...but nothing so crazy as the piping coming apart...Has Alexander Wang offered to replace or repair it? I know that Proenza Schouler is really great about repairing bags..they even sent a girl a wallet as well!
I just heard the complaints about the newer Roccos with the straps.

25-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
ditto mine's the grey, so i doubt that would be easy, either. i bought mine on sale at opening ceremony, so i wouldn't expect them to be willing to have it fixed.

31-01-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
When do the spring bags come out?
some of the spring bags are available for pre-order on some sites (luisaviaroma, saks)

the bags will be out for order on the official site tomorrow (Feb 1)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, handbags, wang