How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2005
rising star

Andrea Brueckner Handbags
Hey guys, I'm new here and REALLY interested in buying an Andrea Bruecker medium saddle bag in tan -- so interested, in fact, that I've tried it on at multiple stores and have gotten to the checkout page online numerous times. The only thing stopping me is the price. I'm new to designer handbags, so I feel uncomfortable spending a lot of money on a bag, and I'm a bit worried that while I adore the look of the saddle bag, it may not be a trend for much longer. Do you girls feel that this bag has enough staying power to make it worth $340 (with discount coupon)? Do you like the bag at all? When I asked the girls at another message board what they thought of it, 9 out of 10 people hated it! While that doesn't change the fact that I love it and it would make a great everyday bag, it did make me wonder about how long its trend will last.

Thanks!

06-07-2005
front row

I almost bought that exact bag a few days ago!! I love it. It came down to I couldn't choose between that and another bag, so I polled my friends and they chose the other bag, so that convinced me to get that one. But I still think the AB bag is fabulous!! Don't worry about it being trendy, don't even think in your head that it's either IN or OUT, like it b/c you like the way it looks. It has a very Bottega-ish look and that's always popular. As far as spending alot on a bag... A few years ago I bought a bag for $200 (when I was 18). I have used and enjoyed that bag ever since!! I'm 21 now and the bag is all worn out, so I just speant $$$ on another bag to last me the next few years. I have to save up for my own college tuition, which as you know is a tremendous amount, so spoiling myself w/ a great bag is my reward. If you LOVE the bag and won't regret it, then buy it!! It will make you smile every day you use it.

06-07-2005
fashion elite

If you're going to use this bag for a few years then the $340 is well worth spend. I very like this bag I almost got myself one in large size but because I had spent in other bag so I decided not to get it. If you love it then go for it.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

06-07-2005
fashion elite

for that price, you're not going to get better quality or a less trendy (i.e., a more enduring) look. so I do think it's a good deal, especially with the coupon. and not everybody has it -- yet. so go for it.

06-07-2005
paint it black

I'd say yay!

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

i say go for it... but i like the larger one better.

06-07-2005
Of too many minds

I haven't seen one in real life yet, but I think the design's really nice.

Go for it in the large!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
06-07-2005
fashion elite

the large is quite large, but I like it better too.

06-07-2005
tfs star

I really like the design of the bag too; the only reason why I didn't get it is because it is embossed, not woven, leather.

06-07-2005
rising star

The large looks pretty ridiculously huge on me, and I don't carry around THAT much stuff, so I'm definitely going for the medium. Thanks for your advice and for encouraging me, guys, I'm definitely ordering it today!

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

i ordered the medium one and have seen it in person and it's wayyy too small for my tastes... it's just like a tiny shoulderbag

06-07-2005
rising star

I've tried on all the sizes about three times each, and for me the medium is definitely the best for me. The large feels more like luggage on me, I'm not a really large bag person. The medium still seems pretty big!

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

hey whatever works for you congrats

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

Is there a pic?

V.I.P.

lindsay lohan with the large size (from nessaleestyle.com)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
andrea, brueckner, handbags