anyone have any thoughts on the new coach ocean legacy duffle? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2005
V.I.P.

anyone have any thoughts on the new coach ocean legacy duffle?
i just won this off ebay, after much bidding. i think its a great bag, and perfect for the revival of the bohemian look. i also think it'd look great with jeans or to brighten up an outfit, since i live in jeans and black. what'd you think? i cant wait for it to come! http://www.coach.com/shop/product_nobefree.asp?product_no=6811&category_id=1 53&easyask_id==

24-01-2005
backstage pass

Not my style, but definitely an attention getter.

24-01-2005
fashion insider

...: sick:

24-01-2005
Of too many minds

To each her own.

This bag will definitely get you noticed

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
25-01-2005
trendsetter

i think its pretty

25-01-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

It looks... funny. I can't really form an opinion about it, but I can tell you that it ain't a bag I would carry.

25-01-2005
backstage pass

it's pretty different looking. i like it.
and i think it's always a cute idea to have an attention getting/colorful bag to offset if you aren't a very loud dresser to begin with...

personally, i like the 'soho chevron medium hobo' much more from the spring collection (and will probably buy it and the wristlet to match! haha.)

26-01-2005
scenester

It's an attention getter thats for sure. I think it's going to look great with an understated outfit.

28-01-2005
V.I.P.

thanks and no thanks
well, to tell you the truth....i am super pleased with this bag. a lot of the high end designer bags such as dior, LV, and even prada (spring 2005) are looking a lot like super cheap, trendy bags you would buy at the dollar store. i work at a fabric store and see so many woman carrying those damn LV bags, and about 75% of them are totally fake. occasionally a nice gucci or prada bag will come along, but all the new seasons are really cheap looking. the new chery LV's look like knock-offs, although i did like the carpet styled ones. the new prada bags look like some of lesportsacs really tacky makeup bags, and I LOVE PRADA! its really sad. i also design handbags and have worked for D&B, and saw this suede ocean dufle and had to get it. it doesn't look like a knock off of some other bag, its truely unique, and it references impressionist art. i think its great even if some of you who would rather carry their balenciaga's think its too loud. im sick of seeing everyone with the same damn bag. those balenciaga's aren't even that nice, and so many people are making such a big deal about them. the only bag i will say is unique and in its own that deserves to have people drooling over it is that chloe python....yummmy!

28-01-2005
rising star

Reminds me of YSL's Boheme Hobo bags. Maxi

29-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
well, to tell you the truth....i am super pleased with this bag. a lot of the high end designer bags such as dior, LV, and even prada (spring 2005) are looking a lot like super cheap, trendy bags you would buy at the dollar store. i work at a fabric store and see so many woman carrying those damn LV bags, and about 75% of them are totally fake. occasionally a nice gucci or prada bag will come along, but all the new seasons are really cheap looking. the new chery LV's look like knock-offs, although i did like the carpet styled ones. the new prada bags look like some of lesportsacs really tacky makeup bags, and I LOVE PRADA! its really sad. i also design handbags and have worked for D&B, and saw this suede ocean dufle and had to get it. it doesn't look like a knock off of some other bag, its truely unique, and it references impressionist art. i think its great even if some of you who would rather carry their balenciaga's think its too loud. im sick of seeing everyone with the same damn bag. those balenciaga's aren't even that nice, and so many people are making such a big deal about them. the only bag i will say is unique and in its own that deserves to have people drooling over it is that chloe python....yummmy!
i love balenciaga, i have a medium indigo, but i like the ocean legacy bag too. as for seeing everyone with the same damn bag, i go downtown sf a lot, and i've never seen anyone carrying a balenciaga moto. theyre still waaaaay less exposed than LV (which i cant stand). everyone and their mother has a fake LV, personally i think its ruined the brand, i look at LV and think "cheesy and trying to hard". the balenciaga motos have an enthusiastic following, yes..but thats cuz theyre a great bag

anyways i love my moto and i also really like the coach..tis possible to like both you know

29-01-2005
V.I.P.

i actally pefer the older version of the balenciaga. im not saying i dont like it, im just saying that some people on this post are so die hard about them and trample anyone for a differing idea. also, i think they are much nicer bags than LV, but im seeing a horrible over saturation trend beginning and ive seen a million knock offs already, and so its almost turning into the next "LV gotta have it!", and everyone has it or something that looks like it. i know thats the whole fashion thing too, but i wish companies would start doing their own thing instead of bouncing off of one another because the other things selling.

i was on the design team for doney and bourke last year to do those icky charm bags...the day before the company head showed us his plans to which direction he'd like to got with the design, me and my roomate went to the dior shop in florence, down from our hotel. the dior bag that came out with all the peircings and chains was the "inspiration piece" for those charm bags, but because we were aiming at the tweeny audience, we had to change it from dominatrix sex bag to cutesy, sellable bubble-gum reguritation.

i think thats awesome sf hasn't been hit by the wave. i live just south of santa barbara though and know if you drive down to L.A., there's a bunch of boutique shops that carry knock offs for like $300 bucks! i just thought this coach bag was original, and i have a few coach bags and know they are good quality.

29-01-2005
V.I.P.

i like coach's legacy duffle bags..the shape is wonderful, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by brian; 29-01-2005 at 11:18 AM.
29-01-2005
windowshopping

I really like it. It is different and not something you will see everywhere which is what makes it a good coach bag. I don't think this one will become overly popular which is great since coach is usually everywhere.

29-01-2005
V.I.P.

well, its sold out already and was a limited edition. i have one of their vintage signature studded satchel which i love too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
coach, duffle, legacy, ocean, thoughts