How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
16-06-2009
  16
windowshopping
 
Gloriaa^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Norway
Gender: femme
Posts: 27
ill ask, And post as soon as i get it.
Thank you: )

  Reply With Quote
 
20-06-2009
  17
windowshopping
 
poudrerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 27
Hey everyone,

what do you think about this Miu Miu bag:
http://bit.ly/geW5X

Thanks in advance!

  Reply With Quote
20-06-2009
  18
fashion insider
 
Miz*Bags*Behavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fashionista-ville
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,228
This actually looks authentic to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by poudrerie View Post
Hey everyone,

what do you think about this Miu Miu bag:
http://bit.ly/geW5X

Thanks in advance!

  Reply With Quote
23-06-2009
  19
trendsetter
 
mkd1187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC-LES
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,015
I recently bought a LV tote at an upscale thrift vintage store (not many designer items - but a few that were described in detail.

I was skeptical - because I am not a LV expert - but I can spot a bad knock of easily. I examined it inside and out - and determined it was real - because the quality seemed IMPECABLE (every stitch was in PERFECT condition and looked hand sewn - even though the bag was used). Also - it didn't seem like a model that is usually knocked off. All buttons etc. are stamped.

I asked if they were sure it was authentic - and the sales people said they were nearly 100% sure. They said that when they received designer items - they did their best to authenticate it. They said knock-offs come in regularly from donations - and they price those at next to nothing and put "knock off" on the label. Items deemed authentic are put in their high-end case (where this was). Also - one of their SAs used to work at Macys - IN handbags but not LV - and said she could tell. I trusted them that while they could not be 100% sure - everyone determindes it to be authentic.

I apologize about the quality of the photos - my camera broke =( so I had to take it on webcam. Let me know if you need clearer photos.

Thanks in advance!!!












photos - me

  Reply With Quote
23-06-2009
  20
trendsetter
 
mkd1187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC-LES
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,015
^ it would have been probably from Spring 2006





style.com

  Reply With Quote
23-06-2009
  21
fashion insider
 
Miz*Bags*Behavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fashionista-ville
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,228
In order to authenticate we'd need to see a lot more photos. However, why don't you post it in the LV thread and see what they think. Or you can post over at the purse forum in authenticate this LV, however, they'll need a lot more photos to give an opinion. Since you're sure about it, why not just use and enjoy it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd1187 View Post
I recently bought a LV tote at an upscale thrift vintage store (not many designer items - but a few that were described in detail.

I was skeptical - because I am not a LV expert - but I can spot a bad knock of easily. I examined it inside and out - and determined it was real - because the quality seemed IMPECABLE (every stitch was in PERFECT condition and looked hand sewn - even though the bag was used). Also - it didn't seem like a model that is usually knocked off. All buttons etc. are stamped.

I asked if they were sure it was authentic - and the sales people said they were nearly 100% sure. They said that when they received designer items - they did their best to authenticate it. They said knock-offs come in regularly from donations - and they price those at next to nothing and put "knock off" on the label. Items deemed authentic are put in their high-end case (where this was). Also - one of their SAs used to work at Macys - IN handbags but not LV - and said she could tell. I trusted them that while they could not be 100% sure - everyone determindes it to be authentic.

I apologize about the quality of the photos - my camera broke =( so I had to take it on webcam. Let me know if you need clearer photos.

Thanks in advance!!!

edit: please do not quote images

photos - me


Last edited by PrincessImp.; 28-06-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: please see TFS guidelines
  Reply With Quote
25-06-2009
  22
fashion insider
 
loverunway's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,137
Please help! They're sunglasses, I hope that's ok





ebay.co.uk

please! i'm desperate. Thanks

__________________
  Reply With Quote
25-06-2009
  23
fashion insider
 
Miz*Bags*Behavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fashionista-ville
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,228
It's fine to post them. These look FAKE, however, to be certain have the seller provide a photo of the other inside arm. I need to see the markings. How much is the seller asking? I can tell a lot by the price.


Quote:
Originally Posted by loverunway View Post
Please help! They're sunglasses, I hope that's ok

















ebay.co.uk

please! i'm desperate. Thanks


Last edited by Miz*Bags*Behavin; 25-06-2009 at 01:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
25-06-2009
  24
fashion insider
 
loverunway's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,137
Miz- thank you.
Can you tell anything by the serial number? because I have that. And the seller's auction starts at 50 which isn't that much but they might be expecting it to rise ;/

__________________
  Reply With Quote
25-06-2009
  25
fashion insider
 
Miz*Bags*Behavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fashionista-ville
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,228
I actually need to see the font used on the glasses; that's where the tell is.
I highly suspect these are fake. There have been a rash of this style showing up on ebay and all have been fakes. The authentic pair, were they ever to appear, would end up going for over $3,000 USD, I'm positive.



Quote:
Originally Posted by loverunway View Post
Miz- thank you.
Can you tell anything by the serial number? because I have that. And the seller's auction starts at 50 which isn't that much but they might be expecting it to rise ;/

  Reply With Quote
25-06-2009
  26
tfs star
 
Gainsbourg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,750
^Yeah this style pops up A LOT and so far I haven't seen a single authentic pair

__________________
Down the avenue, into the lost bayou
Lolita au Pays de Merveilles
  Reply With Quote
28-06-2009
  27
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roma
Gender: femme
Posts: 4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2

what do you guys think?

  Reply With Quote
28-06-2009
  28
fashion insider
 
Miz*Bags*Behavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fashionista-ville
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,228
It looks authentic to me based on these photos. His stuff has declined in value so much over the past few years, I'm not surprised at the low price for this item.



  Reply With Quote
28-06-2009
  29
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roma
Gender: femme
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz*Bags*Behavin View Post
It looks authentic to me based on these photos. His stuff has declined in value so much over the past few years, I'm not surprised at the low price for this item.
thank you for the superfast response!

  Reply With Quote
30-06-2009
  30
rising star
 
Dianochka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd1187 View Post
I recently bought a LV tote at an upscale thrift vintage store (not many designer items - but a few that were described in detail.

I was skeptical - because I am not a LV expert - but I can spot a bad knock of easily. I examined it inside and out - and determined it was real - because the quality seemed IMPECABLE (every stitch was in PERFECT condition and looked hand sewn - even though the bag was used). Also - it didn't seem like a model that is usually knocked off. All buttons etc. are stamped.

I asked if they were sure it was authentic - and the sales people said they were nearly 100% sure. They said that when they received designer items - they did their best to authenticate it. They said knock-offs come in regularly from donations - and they price those at next to nothing and put "knock off" on the label. Items deemed authentic are put in their high-end case (where this was). Also - one of their SAs used to work at Macys - IN handbags but not LV - and said she could tell. I trusted them that while they could not be 100% sure - everyone determindes it to be authentic.

I apologize about the quality of the photos - my camera broke =( so I had to take it on webcam. Let me know if you need clearer photos.

Thanks in advance!!!

photos - me
I posted a reply for you where I saw your question first, in the Louis Vuitton questions thread. Here is my response:

That Louis Vuitton bag would be from the 2006 Spring/Summer Monogram Charms line. I don't recognize the style and I am trying to research it right now. My first thought is that it is not real, unfortunately, but I cannot answer for you for sure. Those bags were made of silk and coated in a shiny clear vinyl, and just about all the styles had a little gold lock attached to the name plate. The handles had chains and not all leather. I also think they would have made the name plate brown and not pale in order to match the rest of the leather. I could be wrong, so you may want to wait for someone who knows more than I do.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentic, bag, fake
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.