Is This Bag Fake / Authentic? - Page 21 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2016
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I have never seen that model before. Do you have any more info? When she bought it etc?

My initial reaction is that it doesn't look like a quality product. The lining is very odd (reissues and classic flaps have leather interioirs) and the bag looks so soft/unstructured. The stitching on the inside looks questionable as well. I have never seen a mademoiselle lock with details like that either. And it looks a bit plain to be a limited edition bag.
My friend only said that it's "old" (but she's 23) and she thinks it's the real thing, but I am dubious due to certain little things and certain big things (such as Chanel bags being some of the most faked).
I'm used to handling quality pieces and there are small things about this bag that make me suspicious. If it's a fake, it's a relatively good fake.

Plus she's asking me to sell it for her and I don't want to sell a fake.

Last edited by Crying Diamonds; 14-09-2016 at 07:17 AM.
14-09-2016
V.I.P.

There is such a thing as an old fake though...

The Purse Forum do not assist sellers I seem to remember, so maybe the best thing is to use an online authentication service. Considering the value of Chanel bags and how sceptical buyers can be, it might be money well spent for her (assuming it isn't a fake of course). If she is confident it is genuine, convincing her to invest in the service might not be too hard.

The more I inspect the pictures, the more I think it is a fake. The intervowen leather in the handle looks less than perfect as well. See here.

fashion elite

That looks like the cheapest Chanel fake I've ever seen. The zipper is white plastic, yikes.

fashion elite

^ The fact that the zipper is white or plastic is not the issue, actually, because the "original" bag does have a similar interior. But I think it's apparent in the photos you've provided that the zipper used there is very low quality, the fabric around it is the basic fabric that comes with low-quality zippers and the "metal" part doesn't seem to be metal as it doesn't look heavy enough.

Also, the bag Chanel has with such lining is the Reissue Executive Cerf Tote Shoulder Bag. I can't seem to find a different Chanel bag with such an interior.

fashion elite

Last post, I think I'm spamming. This is what the interior of the original tote looks like so you can notice the differences yourself

portero.com

14-09-2016
Geometric Discharge

My suspicions were confirmed, thank you so much for your expert eyes.

CD

08-06-2017
windowshopping

I am in love😍 But the seller has some negative feedback that leaves me worried. Hoping someone can help!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282478299705

🌺

1 Week Ago
rising star

Hi All,

Can anyone identify whether this Celine Knot bag is authentic? I would forever appreciate the advice

Seller: lieblings*stueckchen
Item: 172811196920

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3420-CELI...53.m1438.l2649

1 Week Ago
rising star

Hi All,

I just purchased this Celine Mini Tie Tote. May I kindly ask your opinions if you think it's authentic? I'm 98% sure that it is, but I really need to be certain to ease my mind

Image Cred: starcatshopping ebay

Seller:
starcatshopping

Link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gently-Us...53.m2749.l2649

Thanks in advance

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m a n d y View Post
Hi All,

I just purchased this Celine Mini Tie Tote. May I kindly ask your opinions if you think it's authentic? I'm 98% sure that it is, but I really need to be certain to ease my mind

Image Cred: starcatshopping ebay

Seller:
starcatshopping

Link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gently-Us...53.m2749.l2649

Thanks in advance
For such an expensive bag, I would definitely ask at the purseforum if no one here knows.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
For such an expensive bag, I would definitely ask at the purseforum if no one here knows.
Great idea, I have just posted on purse forum, also

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentic, bag, fake