How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2009
backstage pass

My bag has definitely been used because it has several marks on it that the seller didn't say anything about in the listing. Maybe I can return it on that account? She listed "no signs of wear" spesifically.

But thank you, Miz! You've been helpful. Luckily I paid with my credit card through Paypal. I'm going to London on Aug 25th and will have to take the bag with me over there to see if they can help me. We unfortunately don't have any stores here with A. Wang. And did the seller have many of these bags? I didn't see that. Oh well, so much for research...

Last edited by Vista; 03-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.

03-08-2009
fashion insider

OK, let me know. I'll remember the situation. Just keep in mind the 45 day rule with PP. IF that passes, you can always go back to your cc company and dispute it there within 90 days, although check with your cc company to be certain of their rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
My bag has definitely been used because it has several marks on it that the seller didn't say anything about in the listing. Maybe I can return it on that account? She listed "no signs of wear" spesifically.

But thank you, Miz! You've been helpful. Luckily I paid with my credit card through Paypal. I'm going to London on Aug 25th and will have to take the bag with me over there to see if they can help me. We unfortunately don't have any stores here with A. Wang. And did the seller have many of these bags? I didn't see that. Oh well, so much for research...

03-08-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz*Bags*Behavin View Post
As I explained to the other poster, I'm not an expert on Alexander Wang's products. But if the ebay seller has a number of these expensive bags (which her seller DOES) and is selling them for half-price, I suspect fake. I don't know what your situation is, but you'll have to evaluate the seller and see how trustworthy they are by feedback and whether or not they are selling a lot of the same model/style/designer at prices way below retail.
I got this from my father actually, and he paid almost retail for it.
EDIT: But he paid through Paypal. Is the dispute..thing the same in my case, even though it wasn´t bought on eBay?

Last edited by Liinna; 03-08-2009 at 03:08 PM.
03-08-2009
fashion insider

Is there some reason to think that the bag is not authentic? Who did he buy it from who took Paypal? If it was a retailer authorized to sell this designer's branded goods, I wouldn't worry about it. If it was from a private party, that's a different story. If it wasn't on ebay, where was it?
To answer your question, YES, basically if the item was misrepresented as authentic and it turns out not to be as stated, your father would have to open a dispute through Paypal to start the refund process IF the seller refuses to refund him. First he'd have to ask for a refund from the seller and explain why. Paypal will want to know the seller's refund policy and all those sorts of details as well. In any case, these are all matters to be determined after you decide whether or not the bag is authentic. It looks good to me, BUT I'm not an expert on these bags. Post your photos in threads dedicated to Alexander Wang's bags and see what others have to say about it. Sorry I cannot help you beyond this advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liinna View Post
I got this from my father actually, and he paid almost retail for it.
EDIT: But he paid through Paypal. Is the dispute..thing the same in my case, even though it wasn´t bought on eBay?

03-08-2009
windowshopping

Nice glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverunway View Post
Please help! They're sunglasses, I hope that's ok

* do not quote images. *

ebay.co.uk

please! i'm desperate. Thanks

Last edited by RoseMary; 05-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.
03-08-2009
V.I.P.

Vista, just based on the color of the denim bag, I doesn't look right. The color of yours is too grey and doesn't capture the denim leather the bag has.

Also, the black brenda bag is fake too. The authentic has suede on the edge (all the piping around bag and pockets).

Hope that helps.

03-08-2009
windowshopping

Hi,everyone,
I have a extremely bad experience online,about a week ago,i bought a Gucci handbag at www.e-bicestervillage.com,a replica handbag online shop. When i received the bag,Oh,my god,there is a 'c' lose ,GUCCI turn to GUCI.I was so angry about it.It make me dare not shopping online any more.
U guys have the same bad experience like me?

03-08-2009
trendsetter

nope

04-08-2009
fashion insider

There is another thread for posting about replica products; this is not the thread for this discussion. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnp4wl View Post
Hi,everyone,
I have a extremely bad experience online,about a week ago,i bought a Gucci handbag at www.e-bicestervillage.com,a replica handbag online shop. When i received the bag,Oh,my god,there is a 'c' lose ,GUCCI turn to GUCI.I was so angry about it.It make me dare not shopping online any more.
U guys have the same bad experience like me?

04-08-2009
backstage pass

Kimkhuu: Yes, you've been VERY helpful! Thanks! Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but....hehe. I sent an email to the seller last night and said that I wanted to return it. I've opened a dispute through Paypal. And since it says in the listing that she offers the money back if you return it in 7 days I'm going to do just that.

Is there any other advice you (or anyone else for that matter) can give me to assure that I get my money back? Is there anything else I should do through Paypal before I send it back?

IM's about this is also appreciated as I'm a total newbie to disputes/claims etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu View Post
Vista, just based on the color of the denim bag, I doesn't look right. The color of yours is too grey and doesn't capture the denim leather the bag has.

Hope that helps.

04-08-2009
fashion insider

Paypal will tell you NOT to return the item because that leaves a counterfeit item in the stream of commerce. Of course they won't tell you this until someone in authority has deemed it fake (need a letter so stating.) It's better if you can get your money back from the seller, but you'll have to return it to get the refund, then hope that the seller honors her refund policy. It's kind of a Catch 22 situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Kimkhuu: Yes, you've been VERY helpful! Thanks! Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but....hehe. I sent an email to the seller last night and said that I wanted to return it. I've opened a dispute through Paypal. And since it says in the listing that she offers the money back if you return it in 7 days I'm going to do just that.

Is there any other advice you (or anyone else for that matter) can give me to assure that I get my money back? Is there anything else I should do through Paypal before I send it back?

IM's about this is also appreciated as I'm a total newbie to disputes/claims etc.

04-08-2009
backstage pass

The dispute I've opened is based on the fact that the bag was not the way it was described. I didn't say anything about the fake part to Paypal or to the seller. I'm returning it based on the fact that it was stained and had tears on various places. Which it had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz*Bags*Behavin View Post
Paypal will tell you NOT to return the item because that leaves a counterfeit item in the stream of commerce. Of course they won't tell you this until someone in authority has deemed it fake (need a letter so stating.) It's better if you can get your money back from the seller, but you'll have to return it to get the refund, then hope that the seller honors her refund policy. It's kind of a Catch 22 situation.

06-08-2009
rising star

Thanks for your help on my bag

One quick question..She have agreed to refund the money.
But she wants me to ship the bag, send her the tracking nr. and then she'll refund it.
I told her I was afraid she'll run away with both money and the bag, but then she told me if that were to happen I could contact Paypal or my credit card company to get my money back.
Is this true?

I just want to get rid of this fake, and purchase an authentic one

11-08-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilee View Post
Do you have anything to say about this one. My mother found it in a vintage store. It doesn't say Hermés anywhere but it's their classic "H" on the front. It's genuine leather on both inside and outside and yeah....I don't think it's a Hermés but does anyone know what label it can be?
The design of this bag is so strang,not like hermes's style at all.I think.

12-08-2009
rising star

Again; About a Brenda.
A tpF power seller listed this bag as authentic. It has two zippers on the main closure. If you´re a part of tpf you shouldn´t sell fake items

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentic, bag, fake