How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2009
V.I.P.

Is this bag Fake / Authentic?
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, we are going to be periodically starting a new thread. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed. The old thread can be found here.
  • Please stay on topic! This thread is for asking for assistance determining if bags are fake or authentic. We also have "The Identify This Bag" thread if you have seen a bag and want to know the brand, the "iOffer Bags, Lushfashion.com, etc." about replica bags and several threads on specific brands such as LV, Balenciaga etc. (use the search function).
  • Brief words of appreciation are fine, but please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • Please remember to credit pictures according to the announcement which you can read here - don't use abbreviations e.g. "nap" or "style", but write net-a-porter.com or style.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you help me with this one?

http://www.tradera.com/Markesvaska-C...ktion_92808229

Last edited by Zarina; 07-07-2009 at 12:47 PM.

27-05-2009
front row

I would like better pics inside but do not like the way the shoulder strap attached on the inside. Looks fake to me.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Do you have anything to say about this one. My mother found it in a vintage store. It doesn't say Hermés anywhere but it's their classic "H" on the front. It's genuine leather on both inside and outside and yeah....I don't think it's a Hermés but does anyone know what label it can be?

08-06-2009
front row

I dont know if it is allowed to post an eBay link here? But I came across this completed listing on eBay for a Black GSH work. Do you ladies think this is an NBF bag?? What caught my attention is the shape of the leather plate in front....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Balenciaga-Black-work-with-GSH_W0QQitemZ160338189336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_ s_Bags?hash=item2554e69c18&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177 &_trkparms=240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

08-06-2009
fashion insider

it might be. they don't give away tassels for free, so i doubt they'd give you/repair a stud for free.

front row

and the seller has so many feedbacks too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
it might be. they don't give away tassels for free, so i doubt they'd give you/repair a stud for free.

08-06-2009
backstage pass

shopaholic... I'm pretty sure this bag is authentic actually, von179 has sold quite a few authentic bags, I just checked on Goofbay.

08-06-2009
fashion insider

It is allowed to post ebay links now.
This looks authentic to me, but would need more photos to be sure. It sure went cheap, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholic48 View Post
I dont know if it is allowed to post an eBay link here? But I came across this completed listing on eBay for a Black GSH work. Do you ladies think this is an NBF bag?? What caught my attention is the shape of the leather plate in front....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Balenciaga-Black-work-with-GSH_W0QQitemZ160338189336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_ s_Bags?hash=item2554e69c18&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177 &_trkparms=240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

13-06-2009
Geometric Discharge

Hi guys, I have a few questions about the authenticity of an Hermes Birkin bag I may have found in a charity shop . . but I haven't bought.

I saw it the other day sat on a high shelf and I gasped because it looked heavy, leather and nice. I took it down and checked it all but it doesn't have a name on it anywhere. Then I left it. Came back a few days later and checked it again for about fifteen minutes.
I've been checking out big pictures of Birkins and this one seemed to be pretty much the same - usually you can tell a fake from a mile away because of the crap quality but I thought this was pretty good.
On the keys of a Birkin what is inscribed into the metal? This one said something on the lines of 'Made in Italy'.
I would have bought it (I should have bought it at £4.00 . .) but I didn't really want to own a fake Birkin . .
Where should there be names? Did older versions not have names on maybe? What other qualities should I look for?

I'm just wondering whether I should run at full pelt to the shop tomorrow and pray it's still there??

13-06-2009
fashion insider

There are many tells on a authentic Birkin. People have written books about it. If this bag has no names or Hermes inscriptions, then it's fake especially of the low price. If you want a nice leather look-alike bag for the low price, get it, but it's not an authentic Hermes Birkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
Hi guys, I have a few questions about the authenticity of an Hermes Birkin bag I may have found in a charity shop . . but I haven't bought.

I saw it the other day sat on a high shelf and I gasped because it looked heavy, leather and nice. I took it down and checked it all but it doesn't have a name on it anywhere. Then I left it. Came back a few days later and checked it again for about fifteen minutes.
I've been checking out big pictures of Birkins and this one seemed to be pretty much the same - usually you can tell a fake from a mile away because of the crap quality but I thought this was pretty good.
On the keys of a Birkin what is inscribed into the metal? This one said something on the lines of 'Made in Italy'.
I would have bought it (I should have bought it at £4.00 . .) but I didn't really want to own a fake Birkin . .
Where should there be names? Did older versions not have names on maybe? What other qualities should I look for?

I'm just wondering whether I should run at full pelt to the shop tomorrow and pray it's still there??

13-06-2009
Geometric Discharge

^ Thanks a lot - I don't

14-06-2009
rising star

Hi everyone,
can someone help me out with this balenciaga?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/100-Genuine-B...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks in advance

fashion insider

Authentic

16-06-2009
windowshopping

Real Chanel?
http://www.finn.no/finn/bap/object?f...=null&tot=null

What do you think guys?

Thank you

16-06-2009
fashion insider

Ask seller for a photo of the hologram sticker and post. It looks promising, just want to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriaa^ View Post

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentic, bag, fake