How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

09-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
baghag, I went down to Chanel to check out the cerf, and it retails for S$3180 in Singapore. Unfortunately, they only have the tan and the pink available, though I did ask the SA to help me order a black.

All I can say is, GO FOR THE CERF!!!

I think it's really gorgeous whether you carry it on your arm or over your shoulder. It's the kind of bag that will last and last in terms of style and it is so classic.

Thanks sweetie!!! They sell out the black like yesterday. I saw an older lady with an old-school sophistication style using the bag. Was a very safe albeit blend complement to her attire. The tan is a good looking one too but am unsure about pink although I am a big fan of the Chanel pink.. :p

09-05-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
Thanks sweetie!!! They sell out the black like yesterday. I saw an older lady with an old-school sophistication style using the bag. Was a very safe albeit blend complement to her attire. The tan is a good looking one too but am unsure about pink although I am a big fan of the Chanel pink.. :p
im not too sure about the pink one either..
i saw the pink / tan on display and they looked kinda weird

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

i still wanna see the cerf in the other colours! i've only seen it in black!

09-05-2005
Of too many minds

^
You lucky gal!

That's the only colour that I want, yet I seem to be the only one that just missed it!!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

09-05-2005
front row

hope i'm not repeating a question from anywhere, but, how can i tell a real paddington from a fake? are there a lot of replicas even made of this bag? thanks!

09-05-2005
rising star

You cant really...not yet. For the simple reason that every seller claiming to sell a "mirror image replica" ie on ioffer has posted a pic of the real thing so there's no pics of fake Paddy bags to compare with it.

I think if you actually had a fake in your hand you could tell - the quality is sublime.
Remember how six months ago there were no Roxanne fakes on ebay? Well now there no genuine ones! Sad to say the same thing is going to happen with the Paddington.
Its much harder to post pics of a fake on ebay and get away with it (as opposed to, say, ioffer) where these bags are concerned, so shortly we should see plenty of pics of fake Paddys on eBay.
In the meantime, check out the pics of the Lush one which has started popping up on eBay...

09-05-2005
fashion elite

I have an love them both, so it really depends on which one you find more aesthetically pleasing and whether you need a big bag. I find the paddington to be a decent size for everyday use but not roomy enough for those times when I have a lot of stuff. I've used the roxanne for travel and it was perfect. as for fakes, it will be readily apparent if you've got one -- the leather and quality just can't compare.

09-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatGal
You cant really...not yet. For the simple reason that every seller claiming to sell a "mirror image replica" ie on ioffer has posted a pic of the real thing so there's no pics of fake Paddy bags to compare with it.

I think if you actually had a fake in your hand you could tell - the quality is sublime.
Remember how six months ago there were no Roxanne fakes on ebay? Well now there no genuine ones! Sad to say the same thing is going to happen with the Paddington.
Its much harder to post pics of a fake on ebay and get away with it (as opposed to, say, ioffer) where these bags are concerned, so shortly we should see plenty of pics of fake Paddys on eBay.
In the meantime, check out the pics of the Lush one which has started popping up on eBay...
wow, thanks! those replicas look obviously fake. being that the chloe leather would be very hard to duplicate, would it be safe to say that the real life pictures of the paddingtons selling on ebay that "appear" real are actually authentic?

09-05-2005
fashion elite

people have gotten good at selling fakes and one of their tricks is to use pictures of the real bag stolen from someone else.

09-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
I have an love them both, so it really depends on which one you find more aesthetically pleasing and whether you need a big bag. I find the paddington to be a decent size for everyday use but not roomy enough for those times when I have a lot of stuff. I've used the roxanne for travel and it was perfect. as for fakes, it will be readily apparent if you've got one -- the leather and quality just can't compare.

now your making the decision more difficult! so i guess it's coming down to FUNCTION OR FASHION....ughhhhh....decisions, decisions

09-05-2005
fashion elite

not really because the paddington is highly functional -- it's just not as big as the roxanne.

09-05-2005
front row

is the roxanne is substantially bigger or are they very close? my dilemma is i want the distressed leather that both bags offer, but i want the size of the roxanne, but the looks/style of the chloe...i wouldn't mind buying the roxanne just because i really tend to carry A LOT, but from the responses, it sounds like it could be cumbersome and more of a "trendy" looking bag.

just wondering, because the information on the chloe dimensions are bigger, is it the closure that makes the roxanne more roomy? thanks!

09-05-2005
fashion elite

that actually would surprise me because the roxanne seems bigger. but it could just be due to the fact that (1) the roxanne has two outside pockets (big enough for a phone), (2) the roxanne has one big main compartment (the paddington has the two side compartments and a medium size main compartment), and (3) the roxanne can be totally opened, like a tote (while the paddington is less accessible due to the zippers, lock and side buckles). have you looked on NAP yet? they have pictures of the bags held by mannequins which might give you a better idea.

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

definitely the cerf. the balenciaga is just not as durable or sharp for work

09-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
i still wanna see the cerf in the other colours! i've only seen it in black!
I've seen the pink (nay), tan (eh) and white (scary). I haven't seen the dark brown since it's for fall.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag