How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
15-01-2006
  1516
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
muppy- paddy
dimension- lv!

 
 
15-01-2006
  1517
front row
 
EskimoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Gender: femme
Posts: 385
mupy- definitely the paddington.

dimension- as much as i love chanel and don't love lv, i think i'd still say the lv.

 
15-01-2006
  1518
V.I.P.
 
jun3machina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: along the lines of my mind
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,198
muppy~ i kinda like the jimmy choo longer.....i think the paddington is getting a little watered down.....and i think the choo will last longer...

dimension~ if a bag 'that is going to last is' what your after, i'd go with the LV denim. i like the chanel and think its pretty chic, but its a light color and will probably get dirty no matter how you take crae of it, if indeed you use it as an everyday bag. it is also something i have seen similar knockoffs of too. the Lv denim would be super sturdy, and i dont think the faking of the denim is out there as much as the monogram....but it seems that the whole fake Lv trend is gradually dying down....thank god! i also think it'll look kinda neat once it gets its patina, and you can treat it like anything, and you'll know it'll hold up and wont get as dirty...good luck!

 
15-01-2006
  1519
V.I.P.
 
Guessgirl96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cleveland
Gender: femme
Posts: 9,528
muppy -- paddington!

dimension -- If you plan to wear it with denim, I'd go for the chanel, I dont think the denim on denim look works. Otherwise, I'd go for the LV

 
15-01-2006
  1520
tfs star
 
Greendrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,584
muppy: paddy

dimension: chanel

 
16-01-2006
  1521
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
okay i'm wanting a white bag...here we go. should i get:

1. white patent b. fendi bag small

2. white calf leather b. fendi bag small (not confirmed, told by only one source)

3. cream celine clandestine large (assuming no powder available in large or east-west)

4. white fendi wisteria spy

5. white chanel classic flap patent leather w/ silver braided chain (can't find picture)- resort

6. ivory mj stam

7. cream chloe paddy

feel free to suggest any other white bags too- muchos gracias!


Last edited by ilovepositano; 16-01-2006 at 01:01 AM.
 
16-01-2006
  1522
tfs star
 
Pinky*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,599
woman! are you on a white bag kick or what! thats possibly the hardest 'vs' list i've ever seen (and i'm afraid to suggest more bags)

nay to paddy and stam for sure.. i guess the best way to do this is to list order of preference..

1] celine is first (i'm totally biased on this though)
2] bbags and spy are tied (white calf over patent just bc calf might last you longer if patent gets tired)
3] chanel

 
16-01-2006
  1523
backstage pass
 
Wafaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dubai
Gender: femme
Posts: 527
ilovepositano:
1. ivory mj stam
2. white fendi wisteria spy

__________________
"Ever thine... Ever mine... Ever ours... "
 
16-01-2006
  1524
scenester
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Gender: femme
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
woman! are you on a white bag kick or what! thats possibly the hardest 'vs' list i've ever seen (and i'm afraid to suggest more bags)

nay to paddy and stam for sure.. i guess the best way to do this is to list order of preference..

1] celine is first (i'm totally biased on this though)
2] bbags and spy are tied (white calf over patent just bc calf might last you longer if patent gets tired)
3] chanel
I totally agree, but I would take the bbag out of the vote. Great list!!! Really, if you put the names in a hat and drew one, that would work, too

 
16-01-2006
  1525
front row
 
EskimoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Gender: femme
Posts: 385
wafaya- i've never been a huge fan of the spy (although i do think it's a nice bag), however, i do think the wisteria design is very interesting. so i would say the white fendi wisteria.

 
16-01-2006
  1526
trendsetter
 
esile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: cloud 9
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,448
my first choice is the white fendi wisteria spy, because i think with the color white some added textures of the wisteria will give it added interest.

second choice cream celine clandestine,
third choice ivory mj stam.

 
16-01-2006
  1527
V.I.P.
 
Guessgirl96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cleveland
Gender: femme
Posts: 9,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
okay i'm wanting a white bag...here we go. should i get:

1. white patent b. fendi bag small

2. white calf leather b. fendi bag small (not confirmed, told by only one source)

3. cream celine clandestine large (assuming no powder available in large or east-west)

4. white fendi wisteria spy

5. white chanel classic flap patent leather w/ silver braided chain (can't find picture)- resort

6. ivory mj stam

7. cream chloe paddy

feel free to suggest any other white bags too- muchos gracias!
The cream chloe and ivory stam are nice, but dont compare to the rest, so I'm tking those out. I love the spy, but not so much in white. I'd wait for the fall colors with the spy And I think the bbag looks much better in white patent rather than nappa. My list is kinda similar to pinky's:

1. Tie between celine and bbag
2. Patent white chanel

The only other bags I can think of to suggest would be the dior goucho. I think unless I get another bag has a grad. gift, that will be my white bag for summer (I was hoping for the green, but not if it's as torn up as the red is IRL).

 
16-01-2006
  1528
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
oooh....thanks so much, girls!! sorry it was a hard one...i really know how to kill a thread.

i'm still really torn between the cream calf celine and white patent b. fendi.

i'm definitely going to wear the bag alot. having never owned a white bag, i'm wondering which one you think will be easiest to keep clean and white looking over the long term if i'm really careful. i.e. is it easier to avoid staining a cream bag, or is it easier to avoid color transfer on a white patent bag??? any help is greatly appreciated.

 
16-01-2006
  1529
V.I.P.
 
Guessgirl96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cleveland
Gender: femme
Posts: 9,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
oooh....thanks so much, girls!! sorry it was a hard one...i really know how to kill a thread.

i'm still really torn between the cream calf celine and white patent b. fendi.

i'm definitely going to wear the bag alot. having never owned a white bag, i'm wondering which one you think will be easiest to keep clean and white looking over the long term if i'm really careful. i.e. is it easier to avoid staining a cream bag, or is it easier to avoid color transfer on a white patent bag??? any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm kind of clueless on keepingin white bags clean (my only light bag is the paddy cowler and I've had no problems with it), but I would go witht he bbag

 
16-01-2006
  1530
trendsetter
 
esile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: cloud 9
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,448
i think the white patent leather bag would be easier to keep clean than a calf leather bag.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.