How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

19-01-2006
Adorable illusion

Thanks for your thoughts Kachi

Not sure if they have it in London since I havent checked yet..

19-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Which would you choose and if you could put them in order of 1. being the first you would buy:

cream paddington vs black lanvin kansas vs chanel tote in black vs taupe stam

I like them all but can probably only get one right now! Thanks
The Lanvin (way above the rest in 1st place) - it's destined to become a classic and it's not that easy to get (at least not yet). 2nd - the paddington. Phoebe's days are over at Chloe so it's your last chance under her reign and the cream is truly gorgeous.

19-01-2006
tfs star

Thanks for the info about the magnetic quality of patent leather. I had never heard anything about that before!! That's pretty wild.

Ilove - you can never go wrong with a Chanel and patent is always classic, although more "in" at certain times than others. I just recently read in Elle (I think - or Vogue) that patent's popularity is expected to continue for quite some time. I wonder if you can treat it with some kind of leather conditioner to help it repel stains - ask them at Chanel, those SA's are the only ones I have found to be truly and completely knowledgeable (I think they get specific training). I ordered the Fendi b in patent but will probably return for a Chanel (I'm just so curious to see the Fendi IRL!)

19-01-2006
Adorable illusion

Thanks Jan

The Lanvin was always no one for me but wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts too.

19-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
make sure the bag doesn't touch other bags, especially patent, when you store it. I found this very weird too
aahhhh..

i concur..

19-01-2006
tfs star

oooh....gg thanks- if you ever get a free moment (i know you're studying) i would love to know what the chanel card says.

patent can't touch other patent things. ..so i guess i can't get the lanvin patent obi belt i've been fantasizing about...argh!!

19-01-2006
tfs star

(unless you get it in white? )

19-01-2006
tfs star

genius!!

what do you think- is it perfect or matchy matchy to have white patent bag and belt?

19-01-2006
tfs star

i don't know if its celine thats been brainwashing me or not but it doesn't seem too matchy..
i'm thinking of the jessica stam outfit with the blush patent shoes+blush patent belt+ blush clandestine..
and also the tan fendi dress with the wisteria shoulder detail+black bbelt+tan/black bbag+black patent shoes -- which are both perfect perfect outfits

20-01-2006
tfs star

whew, good point!!

20-01-2006
windowshopping

which silverado?
what color silverado should i get? teal or chocolate ?

pictures attached from aloharag.com
(this is my first post so hopefully this works! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tealsilverado.jpg (22.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg chocsilverado.jpg (21.8 KB, 10 views)

20-01-2006
backstage pass

The teal is a beautiful color!!

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

I think I'd go for the brown silverado, but I like both colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
oooh....gg thanks- if you ever get a free moment (i know you're studying) i would love to know what the chanel card says.

patent can't touch other patent things. ..so i guess i can't get the lanvin patent obi belt i've been fantasizing about...argh!!
Done with finals, it was all this week. I got a D on my Hon Algebra 2 final, which brings my grade in that class down to a C+ Thats my hardeest class though. I'm hoping the rest were better.

I saw that Lanvin belt in Bazaar, Definaltey go for it! I loved it too but it's too pricey for me. I'd get whichever color you preffer, and either not wear them together or just wear the bbag handheld so the two dont touch. I dont think it's too matchy unless you pair it with white patent shoes. There were some outfits on the fedni runway that had a white belt, bag, dress, and black shoes that were very pretty.

The chanel card says very little on patent, it must've been somewhere else I read about it being especially sensative around patent but I do remember reading it somewhere. Heres what chanel says:

Light colored patent should not be placed adjacent to dark-colored materials (colour migration phenomenon) for long periods of time. Small leather items are especially at risk for such migration.

Last edited by Guessgirl96; 20-01-2006 at 12:51 PM.

20-01-2006
rising star

teal

20-01-2006
tfs star

the more of that chanel card thats revealed, the more knuckleheaded i feel!
"small patent items"
"patent on patent"

well, they're definately not lying.. 'phenomenon' indeed.

gg - i've got my fingers crossed for you!

cagirl - from the pic i'd say teal.. but i think the choco would be nicer irl

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag