How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

12-05-2005
fashion elite

Look like the cerf on the lead by far - thanks guys. But I sitll love the Boston ..well I only can afford one at the moment.

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 12-05-2005 at 11:22 PM.

13-05-2005
backstage pass

I have this Jimmy Choo in brown calfskin...its perfect for work and holds a lot of stuff.

13-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
Look like the cerf on the lead by far - thanks guys. But I sitll love the Boston ..well I only can afford one at the moment.
not surprising since you specifically mentioned work. for that same reason (and others) the cerf beat out the balenciaga office in the other thread. I think if you asked which bag people liked better for no specific purpose, you might get different answers. but the cerf might still win because people seem in love with this bag (and others are logo averse). the cerf is kicking butt in the bag versus bag contests. IMO, the Gucci Boston (and I assume you're talking about the domed one with the big round GGs on the side, not the one with the big horsebit) is more hip, more fashion forward. the cerf is more classic, subtle. on a random side note I saw a middle aged woman lunching at Neiman's carrying the black cerf and wearing the ugliest clothes (baggy wrinkled green pants, baggy wrinkled long pink tee shirt, jesus sandals with socks) and it amde the snob in me was screaming inside, you shouldn't be allowed to carry that bag!

13-05-2005
front row

I love them both!!!!!!!!!

The Gucci is not as "boring" as the Cerf, but is still definately appropriate for work. It also is not as bulky as you would think. But, although it does fit over the shoulder, it is not a shoulder bag like the Cerf, so it doesn't fit as nicely over the shoulder.
As everyone else has already said, the Cerf is a great work bag because it's professional, classic and simple. But, if you want a bag with a bit more "personality," I'd go with the Gucci.

13-05-2005
fashion elite

esiders - Thanks for posting the Jimmy Choo bag. How big the bag ...dimention please?

^ ^^ I love both Boston and Cerf bags that why I cannot decide whether which one I would want to purchase. Eventhought all the votes seem to go for the Cerf but I am still want to have the Gucci Boston as well. I agree with you dgie that the Boston has the "personality" and something about this bag that I like it so much.

Yes - lily I do like the domed one with the big round GGs on the side, not the one with the big horsebit. The one you have in beautiful green but I want it in black.

I may have to save up more and try to get both. Will the Cerf be around for a while because I'm afraid that the Boston might not be re-produced for the next season.

13-05-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgie
I love them both!!!!!!!!!

The Gucci is not as "boring" as the Cerf, but is still definately appropriate for work. It also is not as bulky as you would think. But, although it does fit over the shoulder, it is not a shoulder bag like the Cerf, so it doesn't fit as nicely over the shoulder.

I hate how the bowler is not a really a shoulder bag. I wear it on my shoulder, but its bulky--better off carried in the hand.

I say go with the Cerf - like everyone else, it looks more professional.....but then again, it depends on what your profession is!! If you're like a lawyer or something business-like, definitely the cerf. But if you're the president of your own company, go with the Gucci! :p

13-05-2005
fashion elite

umm - I'm not a president and also not a lawyer just an IT professional:p

18-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
esiders - Thanks for posting the Jimmy Choo bag. How big the bag ...dimention please?
The Jimmy Choo 'Ophelia' bag is 33cm x 24cm x 15cm (or 14in x 10in x 6in)

19-05-2005
backstage pass

This is a picture of the quilted, chain handle tote bag which I was asking about earlier in this thread...I am looking for this tote ever since I saw the tan/camel one in Paris and did not just grab it off the shelf!!! Chanel boutiques I can get immediate access to, do not and will not be stocking these. Anyone know of a store which does have or will stock these?
Picture is courtesy of Getty Images (cannot recall from which event exactly)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHANEL PINK CAVIAR TOTE.jpg (25.6 KB, 185 views)

20-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
This is a picture of the quilted, chain handle tote bag which I was asking about earlier in this thread...I am looking for this tote ever since I saw the tan/camel one in Paris and did not just grab it off the shelf!!! Chanel boutiques I can get immediate access to, do not and will not be stocking these. Anyone know of a store which does have or will stock these?
Picture is courtesy of Getty Images (cannot recall from which event exactly)
I saw a few in the Chanel store in Beverly Hills. You might want to try calling them- it's a great bag!!

21-05-2005
fashion elite

^^baghag is there a huge cc logo stiched in front of the bag? If it is I saw the real one in Chanel boutique here but I think I a lettle bit too small for me but it is very nice one. I saw black and tan if only it a bit biggger I would have already purchase it.

21-05-2005
Adorable illusion

I think I rememeber seeing a Chanel bag like that with the chain handle in the Chanel store last time I was in there. Not sure if its the exact same bag or not because I didnt have a close up look...but im pretty sure it was.

That was the bag I liked as well but I think I'd rather wait for a 2.55 first.

21-05-2005
scenester

at the bottem of that pic it say diors latest victim but the bag is chanel???

23-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgie
I saw a few in the Chanel store in Beverly Hills. You might want to try calling them- it's a great bag!!
Thanks, dgie!!! Will do just that!!!

23-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
^^baghag is there a huge cc logo stiched in front of the bag? If it is I saw the real one in Chanel boutique here but I think I a lettle bit too small for me but it is very nice one. I saw black and tan if only it a bit biggger I would have already purchase it.
Yes. There is a huge CC-logo stitched in the front! Trying to recall where your "here" is....is it Sydney, Australia ?

If it is the same bag, the one I'm referring to is fairly big i.e. tote size. Very similar to the Cerf, if not the same size...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag