How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

23-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbagmad12
at the bottem of that pic it say diors latest victim but the bag is chanel???
what??

23-05-2005
offline.

Is it just me? Or dies it look better on the shoulder than it does just sitting there...

When it's just sitting there it looks like a regular old tote with gold C's on it.

23-05-2005
backstage pass

Luna - its not just you. To me, it looks like a very basic, very boring, plain black tote with gold cc's. Its too basic for me to consider spending $$$ on. Its amazing how a couple of gold cc's can turn something so basic into something so chic. I admit, the leather is probably top notch - but still.....

On another note - does anyone happen to know the price of the new chanel bag that is box-shaped and quilted? Think its new for this year. Here is a link to a pic of it:

http://www.purseblog.com/page/7/

24-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
Yes. There is a huge CC-logo stitched in the front! Trying to recall where your "here" is....is it Sydney, Australia ?

If it is the same bag, the one I'm referring to is fairly big i.e. tote size. Very similar to the Cerf, if not the same size...
Yeap, it's Sydney Australia :p and I think I saw it last week when I went to have a look at the Cerf and the size is a little bit smaller than the Cerf. I think I like the beige one too

24-05-2005
trendsetter

I can't see a motorcycle style bag ever being an office bag, I say go for the chanel cerf, or maybe another tote by Chanel?!

I have a Live journal group called coco__chanel where I post alot of the Neiman Marcus catalog ads that come to me. They had a different style tote recently. Just giving you options to think about if you want.

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ that one's cute, but i don't think anything is better than the cerf.

i really wish they did it in a larger version...i'd buy one!

24-05-2005
fashion elite

BTW, the Saks in Beachwood, Ohio (don't ask what I was doing there) has it in the dark brown, which is quite pretty. surprisingly, it also has a good supply of tweed 2.55s and the allegedly rare limited edition red 2.55 (with ladybug charms -- cute!)

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
and the allegedly rare limited edition red 2.55 (with ladybug charms -- cute!)
that sounds like something from the summer 2004 collection... i remember they had lots of accessories with little ladybugs

i'd love to see this!

24-05-2005
trendsetter

We all need to be armed with camera phones every time we step into a boutique so we all can share what we found in that store!

24-05-2005
fashion elite

I hope baghag21 jumps on soon because here is her bag on eBay (item 6770232127):

24-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
that sounds like something from the summer 2004 collection... i remember they had lots of accessories with little ladybugs

i'd love to see this!
the thing that made me think that it's the new one is the color: an orangish tomatoey red (and the fact that it was on display in the front case like the Hope diamond).

24-05-2005
front row

Cerf...of course!

25-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
I hope baghag21 jumps on soon because here is her bag on eBay (item 6770232127):

Oooooooo....Lilygirl, you sweetie..thanks sooooooooo very very much for the picture!!!! I've been cracking my head thinking of where to source for a picture of the bag!!!!

YES YES YES....that's the bag!!!

25-05-2005
trendsetter

What a lovely bag. I saw someone carrying this in SF this weekend. I admired it. Very sophisticated! I'd buy it up if I were you.

25-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannonmars
What a lovely bag. I saw someone carrying this in SF this weekend. I admired it. Very sophisticated! I'd buy it up if I were you.
Ooooooo...thanks!!!! I am daft to have not just bought it in Paris where I first saw it!!! It is almost impossible to find that bag from where I am...have to be on another madhouse international baghunt...

Btw, thanks heaps for the NM pictures of the alternative totes for consideration which you posted. Lovely, lovely bags!! Saw them in the store...they are actually smaller than they appear in the picture. They are smaller than the Cerf or the quilted tote and may not comfortably fit an A4-size folder or writing pad. But very good, pretty day bag none-the-less..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag