How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

25-05-2005
Of too many minds

YAAAaaaaayyy!!!

The Chanel SA in Singapore has agreed to hold a black Chanel cerf for me. Will be picking it up this Friday.
All thanks to baghag who got her regular SA to do so!
I just had to tell everyone what a sweetie baghag is... and karma points for her!!

(Does anyone know what karma points does? I am still clueless... )

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

25-05-2005
fashion elite

^ chiangsi when you're picking up your cerf can you please ask the SA whether what leather is it..hmm I'm sound silly coz the SA here in Australia told me that the bag is made from calfskin. I'm very curious and want to know if it's a deerskin as we all know or the new season of the bag is made from calfskin.

25-05-2005
backstage pass

Thanks chiangsi....so glad to help!!! One of the greatest pleasures is derived in helping a fellow baglover get a bag they really really want....

klow-chloe also deserves karma points!!! She went to Chanel, Sydney to help check out if they had the quilted tote, which is currently the object of my obsession and attention !!!!!

Such fabulously generous and helpful baglovers in these forum....lovely lovely lovely...

25-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by circoit
Luna - its not just you. To me, it looks like a very basic, very boring, plain black tote with gold cc's. Its too basic for me to consider spending $$$ on. Its amazing how a couple of gold cc's can turn something so basic into something so chic. I admit, the leather is probably top notch - but still.....

On another note - does anyone happen to know the price of the new chanel bag that is box-shaped and quilted? Think its new for this year. Here is a link to a pic of it:

http://www.purseblog.com/page/7/
oh..i like this Chanel bag

how much it cost huh
must be above $1000....

25-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
I hope baghag21 jumps on soon because here is her bag on eBay (item 6770232127):

i have above Chanel Caviar bag too :p
mine is black

25-05-2005
fashion elite

^matahari - You mind I'm asking when did you get that bag and where did you purchase it. May be baghag could try to get one from the same store.

25-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
^matahari - You mind I'm asking when did you get that bag and where did you purchase it. May be baghag could try to get one from the same store.
hi,
i got this bag last year during my hoiliday in Paris

25-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21

Oooooooo....Lilygirl, you sweetie..thanks sooooooooo very very much for the picture!!!! I've been cracking my head thinking of where to source for a picture of the bag!!!!

YES YES YES....that's the bag!!!
That's the one I saw at the Chanel boutique in Bev Hills- now it's confirmed!!! They had it in camel, black, pink and brown.

25-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
^ chiangsi when you're picking up your cerf can you please ask the SA whether what leather is it..hmm I'm sound silly coz the SA here in Australia told me that the bag is made from calfskin. I'm very curious and want to know if it's a deerskin as we all know or the new season of the bag is made from calfskin.
the cerf is made of deerskin, and always will be. "cerf" means deer (or 'stag') in french... if it were made of something else (like calfskin), i'm pretty sure they wouldn't be using the name "cerf" for it.

25-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
the cerf is made of deerskin, and always will be. "cerf" means deer (or 'stag') in french... if it were made of something else (like calfskin), i'm pretty sure they wouldn't be using the name "cerf" for it.
brian - they're not called 'cerf' here (Australia) but the look and the size of the bag is the same. It 's just the leather used is not the deerskin in fact the SAs told me it made from calfskin and I can see that the texture is different from the one Ashley has and the one lilygirl posted. It's not soft as the tod's bag(deerskin) I have and it looks pebble-y with a bit of shine and quite hard like the caviar one.

Last night I went on ebay and saw a second hand one in camel on auction that one I'm sure it made from deerskin and it is different texture from what I 've seen here in the boutique that's why I did not purchase the bag. I went to see and try it twice but still not deciding to buy it coz I love the deerskin texture more than the one I've seen here. That's why I want chiangsi to comfirm i think may be they produce the same style of the bag but used different leather and in US and Europe probably you can get the one made from deerskin - imo :p

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 25-05-2005 at 06:18 PM.

25-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgie
That's the one I saw at the Chanel boutique in Bev Hills- now it's confirmed!!! They had it in camel, black, pink and brown.
baghag - get on the phone now Oh - dgie do you know they'll ship overseas??

25-05-2005
rising star

Do any of you know where or if I could order the Chanel Cerf online? (Sorry if anyone already asked this, but I did not think I saw it!)

25-05-2005
Adorable illusion

^ theres no one to order Chanel bags online..your best bet is to visit a store.

25-05-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
^ theres no one to order Chanel bags online..your best bet is to visit a store.
Unfortunately, I thought that was the case.

25-05-2005
fashion icon

The cerf is quite nice, they had it in white at bergdorfs a few weeks ago. I really like the tote posted above with the chain straps, very nice.

I wouldnt buy a balenciaga, but thats just me...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag