How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

06-06-2005
front row

Bottega too! The feel of the leather is worth it!

06-06-2005
fashion elite

BV but beware that it's fairly high maintenance (at least the napa -- the grommeted deerskin might be more dirt resistant). I have one and even though it hasn't been carried that much and it's been carried with care, it looks dirty. as opposed to smooth white leather bags that have only a few edges to get dirty, the veneta has hundreds because of the woven strips of leather. which also makes it much harder to clean.

07-06-2005
urd
tfs star

bottega hobo

07-06-2005
Of too many minds

BV!

But white leather is really hard to clean and keep clean

(Btw, fyi, some of the celine boogies are on sale right now at nm.com and bergdorf's)

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

07-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
BV but beware that it's fairly high maintenance (at least the napa -- the grommeted deerskin might be more dirt resistant). I have one and even though it hasn't been carried that much and it's been carried with care, it looks dirty. as opposed to smooth white leather bags that have only a few edges to get dirty, the veneta has hundreds because of the woven strips of leather. which also makes it much harder to clean.
Good point! I actually plan on having my favorite shoe repair put some sort of scotchguard on it before I wear it.

13-06-2005
scenester

I'm thinking of getting the white grommet weaved hobo from BV. Does putting scotchguard on the bag darken the white somewhat?

dgie, how did yours go after the scotchguard? Would love some advise. Many thanks.

13-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslin
I'm thinking of getting the white grommet weaved hobo from BV. Does putting scotchguard on the bag darken the white somewhat?

dgie, how did yours go after the scotchguard? Would love some advise. Many thanks.
I haven't done it yet, but I'll post and let you know what happens when I do

13-06-2005
windowshopping

go for roxanne
Hi! i would say that roxanne is more roomy than the paddington, but! paddington looks more cool, i think roxanne will turn out to be a classical bag tho that will last for many years...so go for the roxanne, color oak is beautiful=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticbagz
Been lurking the last few weeks and have learned sooooooo much!! bought and sold a few bags after reading so many interesting posts! now, thanks to all you ladies out there, can't decide between these two...the paddington in tan or mulberry in oak. actually, i was going to get the mj tote in pecan but now pining over the "distressed" look

can anyone who has both, tell me if one or the other seems bigger? (although the dimensions seem quite close, they look so different in pictures) i tend to overpack, especially with a baby, and need something that i can just stuff things in...

thanks

13-06-2005
fashion elite

The replica of padding ton has already out the leather is different (the fake one the leather is much smoother no wrinkle). To be sure you get the authentic paddington you should only get it from NAP or Luisaviaroma or from any Chloe boutiques or any legitimate dealers . That would gaurantee you that you have the authentic bag. I would recommend to stay away from ebay. I saw a lot of sellers using the real bag picture mix with the fake one and some using all the pictures of the real bag copy from other website ...so you never know until you receive the bag which is too late.

13-06-2005
scenester

Thank you, dgie. Guess I'm going to just take the plunge and buy the white grommet hobo today.

13-06-2005
Of too many minds

juslin, pics once you get it please!!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

13-06-2005
scenester

Sure, chiangsi. I'll post a pic once I lay my fat hands on the white grommet hobo. Wish me luck

14-06-2005
scenester

For chiangsi.

Sorry about my poor photography skills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BV1.JPG (67.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg BV2.JPG (81.0 KB, 3 views)

14-06-2005
scenester

One important thing for dgie. I told the SA about my plan to scotchguard the bag. She looks horrified for a minute and advised me strongly against doing it. She said it'll damage the leather. Thought I'd share it here.

14-06-2005
fashion elite

Beautiful bag Congrats - Juslin. Is that the medium size?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag