How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

23-02-2005
blue

those two are very different... and yeah YSL is not exactly practical... it doesnt fit a lot... and when you carry it on your shoulder it will hurt after a while.... but it looks great though
what color luella are you thinking about?

and when you mean everyday..
do you work? or are you still a student?
ie do you want to carry books / files / folders??

23-02-2005
windowshopping

I am actually a SAHM (stay at home mom). Don't work (loving it...). I was thinking about the Giselle tote in TAN or Black. Again, I just want it to LAST in style and in substance!

23-02-2005
blue

then get the mombasa
you can use it everyday, and you can also use it for nicer occasions...

also since you are a mom, im guessing you are in early thirties or late twenties...?
luella will stay around for a while.. maybe 2-3 years? and if you are in your early 20s luella is a fun/casual bag to tote around..
but if you want to be able to carry it 10 years later when you are in your late 30s-40s... im not so sure about the luella...

so yup i vote for mombasa

but if you do decide on getting a luella.. get the tan one...
also the leather is pretty stiff when you first get it but if you throw it around and use it a lot it will soften up.... i have (actually they are my sisters, but i use them anyways) two luellas and a mombasa so i know...

23-02-2005
windowshopping

Thanks for replying. The Mombasa in black? Do new colors ever come out? Also, I LIVE in jeans and flats. Will it go well with these?

23-02-2005
fashion elite

Can you still get a regular YSL Mombasa? If you can go with that, even though most people would tell you it is over, I love it. While the Luella is not bad, I just think it is getting a little overhyped right now.

23-02-2005
fashion elite

PS. Get the large sized mombasa hobo, the smal and medium ones are really to small for everyday in my opinion.

23-02-2005
windowshopping

Thanks. Do you have any other suggestions for great designer everyday handbags? Do you think the Luella bags are "too young" for a 33-year old mommy?

23-02-2005
Adorable illusion

^ I dont think its too young at all!

23-02-2005
backstage pass

Hello there! I have owned the luella giselle and the babe luella, I have to say I find them incredibly fiddly! When you are carrying them and they are closed, they look fab, but trying to open one quickly to retreive your wallet etc, is nigh on impossible because you have to thread the strap through the buckles and it is time consuming.
Have you considered the marc jacobs tote with the pockets on the front. I am a mum of two also, and it is always the one I go back to, its just so luxurious but easy and classy! Hope this helps, and good luck with whichever one you decide on

23-02-2005
blue

^yeah it is annoying to get stuff in and out.....
thats why i never leave it properly "closed"...
i was bored in the subway the other day and i closed my luella for the first time in months... it looked so.. different... and awkward.

23-02-2005
backstage pass

still a lovely looking bag though!! but you do have to factor the "oh no I have to open it again" into the equation, if seriously thinking of buying one! I am new to this site, I only found it today..... I love it already

23-02-2005
windowshopping

The tote gisele bags have a simple magnetic closure, which would be great. Those bags are so HOT!!! I just am afraid they'll go out of style... How long have you all had your giseles? Do you still love them?

23-02-2005
backstage pass

No, I have to confess, I sold mine on on ebay after a month!, I had the candy pink luella, and it was just too hard work and quite stiff!, but at the time it was so in demand, I did not lose any money at all by using it for the month and then selling it on so I got the best of both worlds really

23-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicetressa
Thanks. Do you have any other suggestions for great designer everyday handbags? Do you think the Luella bags are "too young" for a 33-year old mommy?
I have always thought that the Luella Giselle is a "younger" bag. 33 is by no means old (I hope not- I'm almost there!), but I would go with the YSL Mombassa, which can be worn by young and older alike. It's also more classic. You may also want to take a look at the Marc Jacobs Stella- lots of moms I know swear by it because it's large and functional, but still stylish.

23-02-2005
fashion insider

Get this Fendi bag

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag