How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

07-05-2005
V.I.P.

i got the mulberry. and ive seen the paddington on a customer. its smaller than mine.
i would go for the roxanne

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

07-05-2005
rising star

Actually i would buy the Balenciaga. The cerf is fabulous yes but it alwas reminds me mote of a shopper then a business bag. eg. me beeing a lawyer i could never ever wear a bag over my shoulder cause it looks so "casual friday" The shape of the balenciaga is more of a classic business bag so i would go for it.
It is all up to your profession ;-)

07-05-2005
V.I.P.

Cerf definitely.

07-05-2005
backstage pass

I vote for the paddington. The Roxanne looks awkward and boxy to me - and because of its front pockets and buckles, I would say it is more trendy looking and less classic than the Paddington.

The Paddington, despite its popularity, does not have trendy written all over it. Other than the padlock, there is minimal hardware - and the shape is very classic.

Also, keep in mind that even though you can't stop hearing about the Paddington here on the chat boards - in real life it is not that common of a bag. With the exception of a few major cities, if you bought a Paddington you may very well go your entire life without seeing another person carrying one.

That being said - they are both very heavy bags and as a new mom myself I try to avoid big, heavy bags. I am currently on the waiting list for a medium Balenciaga and am also looking for the perfect, big Bottega Veneta.

07-05-2005
tea time

mulberry roxanne it looks so delish and if i had the money i would buy it! but i dont have a clue how big it is

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

07-05-2005
windowshopping

I dont like the roxy, so my vote goes for the paddington. The roxy is too boxy and impractical.....

07-05-2005
Frozen irony.

its quite heavy too..

07-05-2005
front row

i've noticed pictures of tan paddington on ebay and different websites show different shades of that tan color...i really like the color of kates bosworths...could anyone with the tan say that hers is a true representation of that color?

how deep is the paddington? normally 14" length is kinda small for me, but if the bag is deep, it kinda makes up for its size in length and height.

on netaporter website, it looks so short,structured and squat, but on kate, the leather looks squishy and kinda long vertically. does this bag mold to your stuff inside like a monogram speedy?

also, weight is not too much of an issue for me since i tend to carry a lot anyways, my bags end up feelilng like they weigh ten pounds

thanks again all!!

Last edited by Eclecticbagz; 07-05-2005 at 01:59 PM.

07-05-2005
Adorable illusion

The bag is quite long horizontally, but i have noticed too, that pics of the bag on websites which sell the paddington make the bag look really small when in fact its much bigger in real life. The leather is not that squishy, its quite thick and sturdy and feels like luggage.

07-05-2005
rising star

^^ Yeah it is really bigger than seen in pictures and the colour is the same
as the kate's picture.. nice lovely colour..
Also the leather is not as slouchy as people expect
(not 'buttery soft' as balenciaga of course!)
I tend to put alot of things into bags so I dont usually go out with my
paddington or roxanne when I have to bring books..
can really kill you if you stuff alot in those two bags..

08-05-2005
fashion elite

^^^ The bag is quite big and roomy and the shape of the bag with your stuffs inside , if when you hold it or carry it it will look like Kate's picture. That' why I love this bag.

08-05-2005
Of too many minds

baghag, I went down to Chanel to check out the cerf, and it retails for S$3180 in Singapore. Unfortunately, they only have the tan and the pink available, though I did ask the SA to help me order a black.

All I can say is, GO FOR THE CERF!!!

I think it's really gorgeous whether you carry it on your arm or over your shoulder. It's the kind of bag that will last and last in terms of style and it is so classic.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

08-05-2005
rising star

I had been wanting an oak-colored Roxanne ever since I saw it on the Mulberry website and last week I finally saw the bag in person at the San Francisco NM...and I was soo disappointed. As some people have already mentioned, it looked too boxy, clumsy and big on me. And I was 'thisclose' to buying it! Saw 2 girls carrying Paddingtons that day and the bag looks good in real life. The padlock and the overall size of the bag are larger than I expected but I still like it.

08-05-2005
Of too many minds

I vote for the paddington. I have seen the Roxanne in real life and I feel that the paddington is easier to handle..

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

09-05-2005
backstage pass

Thanks for all the fabulous advise...the pros and cons of each bag !!! That's why I love this forum....

Has anyone seen the dark brown Cerf? My local SA thinks it may be more suitable for my style as she thinks the black may be a little too conservative for me. Of course I'll have the last say... ! Also, does anyone know the price of the Cerf in London or Paris?

For the Balenciaga Office the black would be best...

There's another Chanel tote which I've seen in the Paris Chanel store on Ave. Montaigne. Out of the 5 Chanel boutiques in Paris, that was the only store which I saw the tote in. It was a caviar quilted tote with the embossed CC logo on the front and classic chain leather handles with a leather shoulder piece. Luuuuuurve that bag and regretting big time not buying it then !!! Does anyone know of the bag or if it's available in the US, London or Paris?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag