How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2004
front row

Miss Zara, I asked for suggestion for college bags sometime ago as well. Here is the link and I hope it'll help you as much as it did me :

Bags for college

15-08-2004
scenester

Thank you! I'll go take a look!

15-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian@May 6 2004, 09:21 PM
....15 grand....That's oh, what, a year's worth of tuition fee, plus or minus a few grand? That's peanuts!

Yeah, I'm sure that has helped tremendously.
[snapback]247213[/snapback]
Marcj said it was $1500, no need for the sarcasm, but that still is a little ridiculous.

backstage pass

You should get one that you're not afraid to beat up, because school bags take a beating.

17-08-2004
scenester

I recommend Land's End or LL Bean bags. I've had them throughout my school career and have no complaints. And they have a lifelong guarantee. So - yeah, go for them. They have different styles as well. And you can get interesting colors as well.

22-08-2004
scenester

be careful with the prada messenger bag!! I have one and the zipper is not big enough to fit my books in - I can not fit my psych book or my precal- or my econ book in it - it would fit if the zipper was just a bit longer- thought it might help you out!! I bought it for school and I don't even use it for school cause no books fit into it!! hope this helps

22-08-2004
offline.

Just get a Herve C. bag... it holds everything and mine has taken a huge beating and it's still good.

23-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian@May 13 2004, 03:53 PM
I like the XL black one. Kind of like a poor's man's Bottega Veneta Well, at $120, not that poor.

[snapback]254557[/snapback]
omg i LOVE that!!

26-08-2004
front row

I forget which one but either Victoria or Vanessa Traina (Danielle Steele's daughters) carry's their books in a Birkin! I know that's prob not realistic for a student, or for most people, but just thought I'd mention it!

27-08-2004
windowshopping

I was looking for a good bag to take to school too, something thats not too showy but also something that i can take out shopping... i ended up getting a marc jacobs stella bag. the shoulder straps are the right length, and it fits so much in it. with the stella at least i feel i am not carrying the standard issue messenger or backpack...

07-09-2004
windowshopping

Have you guys considered the Balenciaga medium le dix bag ? Its funny coz i had the same problem and i couldnt decide what to get for school this fall that was mulit-functional. If you guys can save a bit of $.. may I suggest the Hermes Herbag ($1500, which is interchangeable from a canvas backpack to a canvas purse; but is a pain to close the clasp ) or the Balenciaga Le Dix Bag in medium ($1095, hot seller at Barney's). Although it doesnt carry more than 1 notebook, it comes in many cool and fun colors. I bought the Lavender one. Otherwise, If you want to go inexpensive, maybe your "no name" black messenger bag (approx $30-50) is just as fashionble which I have as well. It's simple, carries alot of stuff and ppl know you are a student Prada messenger bag with the zipper in the front flap ($250 online) is nice too although its been out for a very long time. Hope this helps .

07-09-2004
front row

i carry a brown on brown timberland cinch bag to school har har har so thug its what all the cool kids do (not....really....)

Try that, its light and i bought it for 25 CANADIAN.

can't go wrong.

07-09-2004
front row

I have a pink tote bag with this dragonfly print on it that I got from Chinatown which I really like...But considering how cheap it was it may fall apart. I really liked that Gap bag too.

08-09-2004
chaos reigns

Hum ... If you want to go sporty .. a nice option would be THIS ONE

front row

I'm only in high school, but my school is really big, and all of my classes are way away from each other so you only go to ur in the morning/afternoon and everyone carries totes, vera bradley's are popular, but i have one purse of hers and there nothing special lol! I was thinking either a Dooney and Bourke (one girl has one), but mostly I'm looking @ Longchamps. Any one have any input. I was thinking truffle brown w/ a pink stripe (u can mix n match ur own on longchamp.com >e-store) Is there quality good, do you think it's worth $120? (not that much...but if it's bad quality it's $120 too much!)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, books, recommendations, school