How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2004
seagreen serenades

And we finally get to see Purple's infamous bag

26-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Mar 26th, 2004 - 3:28 pm
And we finally get to see Purple's infamous bag
Thank goodness for webcams...

26-03-2004
offline.

They sold a bag like that at Ricky's. My friend had it in orange, beat that thing to hell, and then got in in purple. Cool bag tho

26-03-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess+Mar 13th, 2004 - 11:20 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vintage_princess @ Mar 13th, 2004 - 11:20 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheSoCalledPrep@Mar 13th, 2004 - 7:04 am
Anna Sui from Eluxury - 33$
I dont like that bag It looks like anyone could do the applique thing at home [/b][/quote]
the whole bag could be home-made

27-03-2004
V.I.P.

i need a new school bag. they all look like horrible camping bags though i had this cute Esprit one, but it kinda cracked in the corners now..
anyone seen any cute ones? (under 130 dollars or so..i mean this is for schoool )

V.I.P.

I have an Espirit bag right now.. it's waaay too small. Everyday I usually end up carrying my books in my arms because nothing more than my lunch fits in my backpack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg espirit.JPG (34.3 KB, 6 views)

27-03-2004
offline.

I only had a backpack freshman year of high school.. after that I decided to carry around my handbag, and just schlep my books everywhere in my arms.. turns out senior year, I didnt have many books to even carry around.

27-03-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

be different and carry a tote bag...i hear that's what that girl does on the o.c.

V.I.P.

I talked to my sew-a-holic Mom this morning.. she's going to make me a canvas tote for next year. I can't stand nylon backpacks.

27-03-2004
backstage pass

here in preppyville, the girls carry those LLBean Canvas Totes and have them monagrammed sometimes. Also, a whole bunch of girls carry Jon Hart tote bags, those can also be monagrammed too. i like the Jon Hart ones myself (i have a big travel bag that i use made by him).

maybe kind of homely/southernish for the fashionistas, but i think they look kinda classy.

http://www.outfits.com/hart.html

http://www.berings.com//subCats.cfm?MainCategory=11

28-03-2004
windowshopping

Lol...yea I hate nylon also.

28-03-2004
front row

Nylon bags can be chic..it all depends on the design and how the fabric is woven. I'm a big fan of Gucci's plain black nylon canvas, it's a hefty, grainy fabric that's a far cry from the flimsy, shiny stuff we usually associate with the word nylon.

And like it or not, as a school bag, NO other material is as durable and easy to take care of nylon.

25-04-2004
front row

Wanted: Gorgeous Messenger/tote Bags For College
I am heading off into college (finally, freedom! ) and I am in desperate need of a cute messenger bag or at least a large book bag for toting my books around campus fashionably. My high school doesn't allow it's students to bring bags in school because of the gun phobia etc, etc so I just carry my books to school and deposit them all in my locker but now I need a bag. Can anyone recommend any? They should be reasonably price please since this is something that's going to be used everyday carrying notoriously heavy texts. I will never be able to forgive myself if I torn apart a Prada messenger bag or something of the sort. Any help would be much appreciated

25-04-2004
etre soi-meme

where are you based ?

i'm a messenger manic so.. sharing my tips:

browsing 'guys' shop sections might be very helpfull.

if you can spend some money, invest in a Martin Margela messenger
if you are based in a Zara enabled area, you might find something there but you may need to check it out regularly, their nice messengers come -thanks god- in limited editions and dissapear very quickly.
if you are lucky you may score a cool bag at Nike, diesel, adidas, the yoga lines or new streetwear labels.

a dj bag could also be an alternative.
they are not 'hot' which makes them 'hot to have'

Printemps (france) has my fave 'affordable' chic messengers for as low as 20 euros euros for a small one, maybe they sell them online if they have a web-service (worth checking in anycase)

good luck

25-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 25th, 2004 - 2:48 am
My high school doesn't allow it's students to bring bags in school because of the gun phobia etc, etc so I just carry my books to school and deposit them all in my locker but now I need a bag.
Gosh I can imagine how inconvenient that must have been. I can't imagine having to carry around all my books, plus binders, plus stationeries to classes without some sort of a bag.

But anyway...Lena provided some very good suggestions. I would also suggest browsing on eBay for some outrageous deals. I'd recommend something made with woven nylon, because realistically that's the only material that can stand up to the weight of college books and the accompanying daily wear and tear.

And try as you might, it's actually VERY hard to tear apart a Prada nylon messenger. Gucci also makes bags in a plain nylon canvas and that material is even stronger than its Prada counterpart. A versatile, black, classically styled nylon messenger bag is a great addition to anyone's wardrobe - it goes with anything and everything.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, books, recommendations, school