How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2004
front row

I was thinking of a sleek messenger bag that's big enough for books but not big enough to overwhelm me (I am barely 5'2 and tiny so when I carry a big bag, it's like I am not there. The bag is walking on air). And generally I am not too picky about other than that. I am not into the whole slouchy thing however (ala Abercrombie and Fitch). I do love Spades designs both her and her husband's.

This is one of the ones I am considering from Ebay. I sincerely hope it doesn't go up anymore. I can't afford to get into a bidding war:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

27-04-2004
offline.

I wouldnt even know if that was real.. I'm totally not a Versace buff.

I would totally make you one if ya told me exactly what ya wanted :-P

27-04-2004
backstage pass

Lena, ive been wanting a margiela messenger for sooo long! i absolutely love them. Its kinda of hard locating MM in the US, i think i might call IF boutique in NY to see if they have any. What is the price range of them? Thanks

27-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:16 am

That's what I was afriad of. Maybe someone here can verify. Anyone?

You would, Luna? You're the best! *hugs* I could pay you (scratch that. No could. I'll pay you). What do you need to know?

27-04-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by dramatique+Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:31 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dramatique @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:31 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:16 am

That's what I was afriad of. Maybe someone here can verify. Anyone?

You would, Luna? You're the best! *hugs* I could pay you (scratch that. No could. I'll pay you). What do you need to know? [/b][/quote]
Well for starters...

What material do you prefer...
How large would you like it...
How long of a strap
What type of a closure

27-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:38 am
What material do you prefer...
How large would you like it...
How long of a strap
What type of a closure
I can tell already that this is going to be just a little crazy :dizzy:

I was think of brown canvas or black nylon since those two look like they might be able to hold up the longest.

the measurements I'll get back to you on that because I need to measure a few bags to see which I would like.

The strap is it possible for it to be adjustable ?

Closure I leave this to your creative interpretation I have seen some of your designs with some great hardware designs those might be interesting.

Feel free to play with this bag how you want. This is gonna be unique it might as well be uniquely us I am so excited about this. I can't believe you are doing this for me! Do you think this might be able to make it into your portfolio of bags?

27-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:14 am
I was thinking of a sleek messenger bag that's big enough for books but not big enough to overwhelm me (I am barely 5'2 and tiny so when I carry a big bag, it's like I am not there. The bag is walking on air). And generally I am not too picky about other than that. I am not into the whole slouchy thing however (ala Abercrombie and Fitch). I do love Spades designs both her and her husband's.

This is one of the ones I am considering from Ebay. I sincerely hope it doesn't go up anymore. I can't afford to get into a bidding war:

That Versace bag appears to be authentic, but it's not nearly big enough for school needs.

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes...

27-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by shoeaddict@Apr 25th, 2004 - 4:28 pm
I love my Timbuk2 bags-
they are designed for bike messangers, so they will take a lot of abuse!
On their website www.timbuk2.com you can design your own bag, picking colors, patterns etc.
Definitely Timbuk2!!

I love their messengers....so durable and I like how you can get them customized in whatever color you want and such

27-04-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am
That Versace bag appears to be authentic, but it's not nearly big enough for school needs.

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes...
Dang it. I didn't even look at the measurements. Guess that might be a wise idea, huh? You're right, it is pretty small. Too small in fact. Pity, it's not too bad for a Versace bag.

27-04-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher31@Apr 27th, 2004 - 6:24 am
Lena, ive been wanting a margiela messenger for sooo long! i absolutely love them. Its kinda of hard locating MM in the US, i think i might call IF boutique in NY to see if they have any. What is the price range of them? Thanks
hey are not too expensive, maybe around 150-200 euros or even less.. for a leather style.
the basic idea is that one can hold on to these MMM bags until they fall apart (which they dont) they seem fresh season in season out .

i just have a MMM 'inspired' leather messenger myself, i somehow prefer leather messengers but i also use he good quality nylon ones.

27-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian+Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-dramatique@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:14 am

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes... [/b][/quote]
Yes but if she's going to school in north america the notebooks are smaller. I realized this when I went to england and couldn't use any of my own notebooks.

27-04-2004
front row

You are right, the notebooks here aren't A4. USA is the only known country (to me at least) at doesn't use A4 but the Versace messenger would still have been too small

29-04-2004
V.I.P.

I'd go for a LV Abesses. The bag is SOOO amazing! :w00t: I ordered it yesterday!

29-04-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

tumi makes a lot of functional bags for school

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 29th, 2004 - 2:18 pm
tumi makes a lot of functional bags for school
$$$

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, books, recommendations, school