How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2004
front row

Okay- since I just got slayed on the "bag like a hipster hug" bags... I am better braced for rejection and prepared to throw out something I def do not expect everyone to get. go on- lay it
on me... what's your opinion?
i made it...

Bagism is a term that John Lennon/Yoko Ono tried to popularize- it was suppose to be a form of prejudice-free communication

Also,I thought that since handbags are all about seperation and labeling oneself as superior for some logo-junkies that the word "Bagism" was a funny addition to the isms that afflict us..
get it?

05-09-2004
front row

er.. um.. hmm... ahhh..uhh..

EDIT: i'm being a bitch so i'm going to revise that. i think the bag itself is cute.. i'm not sure about the BAGISM. it might just be the style of text it's written in, but it seems very jr-high DIY. maybe if you did something a little more modern and stylish, like embroider a flower on the bag and maybe in place of one petal, write "bagism", in the space where the petal would be. or something like that.

05-09-2004
rising star

I like your "bagism", it's cute and must be also comfy! If this bag was mine, Iwould have designed on some flowers, coloured, very '60 spirit...Anyway it's nice, compliments!

05-09-2004
backstage pass

Aw I think its really cute. I think the font fits it well, too. Not sure about the message behind it but it is pretty late. But woo yay go you! Very creative.

05-09-2004
front row

The lettering is really cute, good job!

05-09-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by hotpinky@Sep 5 2004, 01:07 AM
er.. um.. hmm... ahhh..uhh..

EDIT: i'm being a bitch so i'm going to revise that. i think the bag itself is cute.. i'm not sure about the BAGISM. it might just be the style of text it's written in, but it seems very jr-high DIY. maybe if you did something a little more modern and stylish, like embroider a flower on the bag and maybe in place of one petal, write "bagism", in the space where the petal would be. or something like that.
[snapback]356820[/snapback]
I like the style and shape of the bag - but the font just kills the appeal. "Too young" for my taste. Simple block lettering would be good. Personally I like Bagism as the name of a handbag line. But take all my comments with a grain of salt as I am one of those seperation, logo junkie superficial handbag wearers.

05-09-2004
V.I.P.

I think I get it.

I think.

05-09-2004
backstage pass

After a bit more research, I understand John and Yoko's message. But I think you're twisting their meaning a bit too much?

05-09-2004
V.I.P.

Yes, I think it's twisted a bit just for the sake of irony ('bagism' on a bag...). Am I wrong? Maybe I'm just not ready for conceptual accessories.

front row

Yes. It's totally suppose to be ironic. And it's definitely not suppose to be cute or stylish. I do make those too. I make hand-illustrated girly bags like this...

I just thought Bagism was a beautiful romantic idea that was very unsuccessful like a lot of expansive ideas are & about how that made me sad. I thought about how material things & social position are usually worth more than peace & freedom & how far we'll over-extend ourselves in order to buy something like a car or a handbag... & how I contribute by selling handbags... and wouldn't it be funny & kind of irreverent if I took some really cheap puffy paint & scribbled "Bagism" on a nice designer bag... & so I took some really cheap puffy paint & scribbled "Bagism" on a nice designer bag. If one person gets it, and I know she's out there somewhere, I will be over the moon. So far? Not so far...

At any rate- I think you all have great ideas & that "Bagism" is an awesome name for a handbag company.

05-09-2004
stories everywhere

I love the middle bag there. Very cute.

Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by luvkoshi@Sep 4 2004, 11:01 PM
Okay- since I just got slayed on the "bag like a hipster hug" bags... I am better braced for rejection and prepared to throw out something I def do not expect everyone to get. go on- lay it
on me... what's your opinion?
i made it...

Bagism is a term that John Lennon/Yoko Ono tried to popularize- it was suppose to be a form of prejudice-free communication

Also,I thought that since handbags are all about seperation and labeling oneself as superior for some logo-junkies that the word "Bagism" was a funny addition to the isms that afflict us..
get it?
[snapback]356817[/snapback]

i want that bag. Kool Koshi i might order this.......

front row

Oh wow. Your bags are gorgeous. I love them. Keep up doing such a good job!

<3 Me.

I'm game to play along.

06-06-2005
front row

koshi those are lovely bags, keep up the good work!

06-06-2005
Frozen irony.

Im not sure i get where you are coming from

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bagism, bags