How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2011
windowshopping

Thanks for the tips! I have just purchased the apple conditioner online , can't wait for it to arrive.
I am really worried about cracking , and almost wanted to apply baby oil on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDealCollection View Post
^ Balenciaga has created a Nourishing Cream that you can purchase for $15 from the boutiques. You will need to use another lint-free cloth to apply the cream thinly and then let it dry before buffing to a shine with the soft cloth included with the cream. There are instructions on the bottom of the can. I really am pleased with this stuff. It's not the easiest to use b/c it's thick and once it starts to dry it becomes sticky which can pick up lint, hair, dust, etc. so careful application is essential, but it seems to be a layer of shiny gloss that makes imperfections and color softening less noticeable.

For an easy to apply leather conditioner, I really like Apple Care which when used as directed seems to moisturize the leather without changing anything else about it. I don't like those scented products or those that change the look and/or feel of the leather, so it's important to test every product first in a place you won't see.

My 2011 bag is very dry and I've applied Apple Care Conditioner on the body and Balenciaga's Nourishing Cream on the corners and side trim. I am pleased with the results (less color loss and less white-vein distressing) and plan to re-apply before putting the bag back into the dust bag when I switch bags later.

22-04-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^definitely stay away from the baby oil! that just seems like a recipe for disaster to me...

baby oil is for your skin, not your handbag's :p

16-08-2011
unspecified

Does anybody else feels that there is a gap between the rest of the brand and the bags? I mean, when you see the season shoes, they are OUT THERE, but the bags seem to be in an alterable way..

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
17-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
I'm thinking of getting the Velo in Seafoam. Does anyone have a Velo? Is it large enough to carry all your daily stuff?
I have a velo and I use it for all of my meetings! It carries everything, laptop, make up case, books.. everything you can imagine!
Perfect bag, its smaller than the work, but larger than the city

And Seafoam is absolutely lovely! Love that color!

trendsetter

Are there sites were you can see almost the whole collection (beside balenciaga official site, mytherasa, barneys,...)

24-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvi View Post
Are there sites were you can see almost the whole collection (beside balenciaga official site, mytherasa, barneys,...)
you might want to try lovebbags.

trendsetter

^^ thanks lucy92!
I would like to buy the seafoam or mint green (collection of 2004 I think).
Are they standard colours? Do you think it's still available in one of the Paris stores? Thanks in advance!

30-08-2011
fashion elite

^No, they were 2004 colors, or at least seafoam was. Your only option is eBay or consignment stores.

06-11-2011
V.I.P.

I'm thinking of splurging on one. I can't decide on style/size or color though. Any suggestions? I want it roomy and big but not overly big. I already have the Givenchy Nightingale in Medium and think that size is perfect.

Thanks in advance.

07-11-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaciousCohen View Post
I'm thinking of splurging on one. I can't decide on style/size or color though. Any suggestions? I want it roomy and big but not overly big. I already have the Givenchy Nightingale in Medium and think that size is perfect.

Thanks in advance.
I also have the Nightingale in medium, and prefer something that size. My favorite Bbags are the City and the Part Time - the Velo is also roughly the same size, so it depends on what dimensions/silouette you prefer.
I would choose the city, if I were to buy just one - it's classic.

08-11-2011
front row

Dear All, what's the next best online retailer to buy Balenciaga now that Aloha Rag does not carry Balenciaga anymore?? Thank you!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_ingenue View Post
Dear All, what's the next best online retailer to buy Balenciaga now that Aloha Rag does not carry Balenciaga anymore?? Thank you!
Balenciaga.com & Barneys.com

V.I.P.

How would you describe the size of the Giant Arena City? Is the shoulder strap very long? I;m looking for a longish bag on my shoulder and something bug enough to carry my things in (cell, keys, wallet ipad) but not be bulky.

Any images of celebs carrying the Giant Arena City for comparison? Thanks in advance!

12-11-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaciousCohen View Post
How would you describe the size of the Giant Arena City? Is the shoulder strap very long? I;m looking for a longish bag on my shoulder and something bug enough to carry my things in (cell, keys, wallet ipad) but not be bulky.

Any images of celebs carrying the Giant Arena City for comparison? Thanks in advance!
Try checking out the Balenciaga forum at http://forum.purseblog.com/ - there are loads of pictures

14-11-2011
windowshopping

Hi Girls!
Sorry I just have a quick question - what is the http://www.realdealcollection.com/index.sc.htm like as a consignment store?? Is it REALLY authetic?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - its my first time buying anything like this online.

Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, balenciaga, thread